Thiago Translantara

diDi7

If Thiago is that, so are Arda Turan and Rakitic.

And I shouldn't even mention Busi and Iniesta, they are arguably all time greats in their position.

Stupid Thiago, all he had to do is wait one more year for Xavi to step down, and then he would've had a golden career at the best team, with his brother next to him. Wining CLs and playing Clasicos in the best league in the world, on the biggest stadiums in Europe with the most amazing superstars (including probably the best footballer to ever play the game).

Ask all great brazilian (make that south-american) players what team they dream to play for one day, and almost all will answer Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Thiago was lucky enough to be at 22 years of age where most dream to end up at. And what did he do? He went to Bayern. :facepalm: Idiot.

Barcelona was the bigger idiot, if you'd like to recall their decisions.

serghei

Barcelona was the bigger idiot, if you'd like to recall their decisions.

Barcelona probably messed up, but if every player wants out everytime his "supposedly" loved club makes a mistake, then we wouldn't have any kind of loyalty in football. And that's what it is about. You think players who have become legends at a club have never felt mistreated by said club? Far from it.

F

Flavia

Xavi was the "problem" for both Cesc and Thiago. If Thiago had stayed, he could've very well been a Barca starter by now, give how things evolved. And I'm sorry for Bayern's fans around here, but at the moment, Barca is the best team in the world. So him succeeding at Barca should've been the no1 priority for him, as a Barca youth product. It wasn't as it turned out and that is disappointing.

I don't buy that the club wanted to sell Thiago to Bayern.

You don't buy? Be serious now. No effort to keep him was made, on the contrary. Freixa's comments about his selling said it all. Tito also preferred Cesc, and Thiago knew that. Thiago surely wasn't hoping Tito would get sick, and with Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc ahead of him, along with the club willing to sell, to make cash for Neymar, there wasn't much to be done. If cesc had left, he probably would have stayed.

But he wasn't going to be like jds. Jds who was criticized for staying, instead of leaving to grow as a player. Waiting around, with no playing time, in the hopes that one day he could be a starter? Thiago didn't have much of a choice, and he put his career first. I can't see what's wrong with that.

khaled_a_d

If Thiago is that, so are Arda Turan and Rakitic.

And I shouldn't even mention Busi and Iniesta, they are arguably all time greats in their position.

Stupid Thiago, all he had to do is wait one more year for Xavi to step down, and then he would've had a golden career at the best team, with his brother next to him. Wining CLs and playing Clasicos in the best league in the world, on the biggest stadiums in Europe with the most amazing superstars (including probably the best footballer to ever play the game).

Ask all great brazilian (make that south-american) players what team they dream to play for one day, and almost all will answer Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Thiago was lucky enough to be at 22 years of age where most dream to end up at. And what did he do? He went to Bayern. :facepalm: Idiot.

It has been proved many times that you can make it to Barca 1st team or other big clubs by leaving Barca ,Pique,Cesc,Alba all done it b4 and now Vidal/Thiago/Bellerin doing it
.I don't get why Thiago is singled out as a traitor .the guy passed on the opportunity to leave us for more money twice and stayed .can't blame him for taking the 3rd
As [MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION] said ,we had Cesc ,Xavi was still clear starter .Tito was still the coach and still didn't believe in him much .
The club made its choice tbh and favored the old guards ,for me they were proved wrong
Yes ,we rebounded with gr8 players like Rakitic and Arda(hopefully) but that doesn't mean Thiago isn't good .there is enough place in the world of football for many class players

diDi7

Xavi was the "problem" for both Cesc and Thiago. If Thiago had stayed, he could've very well been a Barca starter by now, give how things evolved. And I'm sorry for Bayern's fans around here, but at the moment, Barca is the best team in the world. So him succeeding at Barca should've been the no1 priority for him, as a Barca youth product. It wasn't as it turned out and that is disappointing. Yea Bayern is a great team, and close to Barcelona, but Barca is the no1 club in the era we're living right now. 4 CLs in less than a decade and the heavy domination of Real Madrid in recent history says it all.

I don't buy that the club wanted to sell Thiago to Bayern btw.

serghei the factsmaster. Don't be sorry. Obviously your opinion is correct.

By the way, winning trophies doesn't necessarily make you a "better" team. It simply makes you the more successful team. Much luck is involved in the UCL and I think it's safe to say that we too could very well have had another 1 or 2 trophies by now.

Now, I'm not saying we're better than you. But, I'm saying it's arbitrary to assume you know who is the best team in Europe based on their not even facing each other so far. It's not even arrogant to consider Barca as the best, but it is pretty arbitrary and based on inconclusive evidence.

F

Flavia

Barcelona probably messed up, but if every player wants out everytime his "supposedly" loved club makes a mistake, then we wouldn't have any kind of loyalty in football. And that's what it is about. You think that players that have become legends at a club have never felt mistreated? Far from it.

And Xavi was close to leaving to. Xavi. If not for his mom threatening his father with a divorce. It happens. We lost a great player, because the board thought Cesc was a better player(also, catalan) and preferred him. Choices.

serghei

It has been proved many times that you can make it to Barca 1st team or other big clubs by leaving Barca ,Pique,Cesc,Alba all done it b4 and now Vidal/Thiago/Bellerin doing it. I don't get why Thiago is singled out as a traitor

Bellerin had no chance of making it at Barcelona, so he left. If you think you're not good enough for Barcelona and that you don't have a shot to play for this team, I can understand leaving, hell, you SHOULD leave if the club has no room for you. But with Thiago it is different, everyone in Barcelona and the media as well, spoke about him about being our Xavi successor and our next great midfielder.

Others left because they were not great. He left because HE WAS. That's the difference. He used his quality to move away from Barcelona, qualities that have been developed by FC Barcelona, to raise a future great midfielder for this team, for our fans. Not for Bayern, a direct competitor.

gasgas

Xavi was the "problem" for both Cesc and Thiago. If Thiago had stayed, he could've very well been a Barca starter by now, give how things evolved. And I'm sorry for Bayern's fans around here, but at the moment, Barca is the best team in the world. So him succeeding at Barca should've been the no1 priority for him, as a Barca youth product. It wasn't as it turned out and that is disappointing. Yea Bayern is a great team, and close to Barcelona, but Barca is the no1 club in the era we're living right now. 4 CLs in less than a decade and the heavy domination of Real Madrid in recent history says it all.

I don't buy that the club wanted to sell Thiago to Bayern btw.

When Thiago left we weren't the best team in the world. we had our ass handed to us by both real madrid and bayern, we weren't the best the following season either. we returned there with luis enrique

F

Flavia

Bellerin had no chance of making it at Barcelona, so he left. If you think you're not good enough for Barcelona and that you don't have a shot to play for this team, I can understand leaving, hell, you SHOULD leave if the club has no room for you. But with Thiago it is different, everyone in Barcelona and the media as well, spoke about him about being our Xavi successor and our next great midfielder. Others left because they were not as good. He left because HE WAS good. That's the difference. He used his quality to move away from Barcelona, qualities that have been developed by FC Barcelona, to raise a future great midfielder for FC Barcelona. Not for Bayern.

The club wanted to sell him. I don't understand why you keep denying this. Look at adriano. He wanted to leave, club and coach are trying to make him stay. That summer, one of thiago or cesc was leaving. The club wanted cesc to stay, and then shipped off thiago. He was already having injury problems, and tito rated cesc way higher. It doesn't mater what the media said. They say a lot of things. Just look at Samper. Similar stuff going on, with Gumbau as his cesc. If he leaves and shines elsewhere he'll also be a traitor?

serghei

When Thiago left we weren't the best team in the world. we had our ass handed to us by both real madrid and bayern, we weren't the best the following season either. we returned there with luis enrique

It was a problematic season that had a lot to do with Tito's ilness. Up until his cancer, people were speaking about Barcelona as the favourite for the Champions League that year. Bayern emerged as a big favourite later. Messi's injury played a big part as well.

Bayern was the best team in the world when Thiago had left for them, which is why the glory-hunter thing is said about him. They occupied that spot for less than a year though.

The club wanted to sell him. I don't understand why you keep denying this. Look at adriano. He wanted to leave, club and coach are trying to make him stay. That summer, one of thiago or cesc was leaving. The club wanted cesc to stay, and then shipped off thiago. He was already having injury problems, and tito rated cesc way higher. It doesn't mater what the media said. They say a lot of things. Just look at Samper. Similar stuff going on, with Gumbau as his cesc. If he leaves and shines elsewhere he'll also be a traitor?

It's not official that the club wanted to sell him, so I can deny it. He moved to Bayern because there was an openning in his contract that allowed the move to happen, not because Barcelona wanted to sell.

If the release clause had stayed at 90m. he wouldn't have been signed by Bayern.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Bellerin had no chance of making it at Barcelona, so he left. If you think you're not good enough for Barcelona and that you don't have a shot to play for this team, I can understand leaving, hell, you SHOULD leave if the club has no room for you. But with Thiago it is different, everyone in Barcelona and the media as well, spoke about him about being our Xavi successor and our next great midfielder.

Others left because they were not great He left because HE WAS. That's the difference. He used his quality to move away from Barcelona, qualities that have been developed by FC Barcelona, to raise a future great midfielder for this team. Not for Bayern, a direct competitor.

Hmmm,so you think a 16 years old player can know he has no future in the club ,but 22 can't?
Thiago knew he had no future in Barcelona and at that time he was right .the team had 3 players in his position ahead of him .the coach didn't believe in him
He doesn't have a crystal ball to know Xavi decline will show massively the next season.the club will realize how bad Cesc is the next summer.and our coach will have a rare recurrence of his Cancer and will have to step down .and considering the last 2 coaches b4 him lasted 5&4 years he would have expected him to stay few more years
At 22 you need playing time ,he can't wait for an opportunity that would come 2-3 years away from that time .with Cesc & Iniesta ,Thiago clearly though he won't be starter any time soon

F

Flavia

It was a problematic season that had a lot to do with Tito's ilness. Up until his cancer, people were speaking about Barcelona as the favourite for the Champions League that year. Bayern emerged as a big favourite later. Messi's injury played a big part as well.

Bayern was the best team in the world when Thiago had left for them, which is why the glory-hunter thing is said about him. They occupied that spot for less than a year though.

If he hadn't gone to bayern, he'd be at united now. He was leaving either way.

F

Flavia

It's not official that the club wanted to sell him, so I can deny it. He moved to Bayern because there was an openning in his contract that allowed the move to happen, not because Barcelona wanted to sell.

If the release clause had stayed at 90m. he would've been signed by Bayern, because the door that made the deal happen just wouldn't be there anymore.

I don't remember one time a player was sold and the club declared it "officially". Are you joking? You're just denying reality now. Freixa said it was a great piece of business for the club. No way they were going to sell cesc instead, back then. And pep came along after his move to united was close to happening. Pep came for him because he was for sale, just like he said he'd only do for a Barça player.

serghei

Hmmm,so you think a 16 years old player can know he has no future in the club ,but 22 can't?
Thiago knew he had no future in Barcelona and at that time he was right .the team had 3 players in his position ahead of him .the coach didn't believe in him
He doesn't have a crystal ball to know Xavi decline will show massively the next season.the club will realize how bad Cesc is the next summer.and our coach will have a rare recurrence of his Cancer and will have to step down .and considering the last 2 coaches b4 him lasted 5&4 years he would have expected him to stay few more years
At 22 you need playing time ,he can't wait for an opportunity that would come 2-3 years away from that time .with Cesc & Iniesta ,Thiago clearly though he won't be starter any time soon

I'm sorry but there's a major difference between someone like Bellerin who didn't even get 1 min. of action with the first team, and Thiago who did get to appear in almost 50 games for Barcelona at barely 22 years old. Someone find a stat with the number of games Iniesta played for Barca's first team at the age of 22.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans