Thiago Translantara

serghei

The logic I see from you and others is that if a player isn't needed or considered good enough anymore, he can go, no hard feelings. But if not... he's a traitor.

Except he was considered good enough and was clearly going to be an important part in this team in the near future. He left because there was that clause in his contract and because Bayern offered him more, something Barca couldn't have offered him and something he didn't earn on the field while playing for us. That makes him a traitor and an easy-quitter. Why should I wait for my turn at Barcelona, and earn it like other players do, when Bayern, a team which just beat Barca 7-0 a few months ago, and now has Pep in charge offers me more minutes and probably a bigger salary?

He left, it was his right, as it is my right to call him a traitor and a quitter.

JamDav1982

Except he was considered good enough and was clearly going to be an important part in this team in the near future. He left because there was that clause in his contract and because Bayern offered him more, something Barca couldn't have offered him and something he didn't earn on the field while playing for us. That makes him a traitor and an easy-quitter. Why should I wait for my turn at Barcelona, and earn it like other players do, when Bayern, a team which just beat Barca 7-0 a few months ago, and now has Pep in charge offers me more minutes and probably a bigger salary?

He left, it was his right, as it is my right to call him a traitor and a quitter.

Thats fine if it is your definition of 'traitor' or 'quitter'.

But saying things like players who leave and get more money covers most top players in world football and a lot at Barca.

He isnt a 'traitor' or quitter as he never left Barca in the lurch and just made a career choice in football.

F

Flavia

Don't take this the wrong way, but I guess it depends how passionate you are about football and Barca in particular.

I'm confused now. You watched arsenal vs bayern instead of a Barça match, and even said you're guilty of being a football fan ahead of Barça, but somehow this makes you more passionate for Barça than others? Ok.

JamDav1982

I'm confused now. You watched arsenal vs bayern instead of a Barça match, and even said you're guilty of being a football fan ahead of Barça, but somehow this makes you more passionate for Barça than others? Ok.

Exactly.

What a load of shit to spout.

Idk maybe im less bitter because we have both Rafinha and Halilovic attacking wise and other players like samper coming up who can play the deeper role. Im more concerned with Messi winning a couple more CLs before hes done.

serghei

I'm confused now. You watched arsenal vs bayern instead of a Barça match, and even said you're guilty of being a football fan ahead of Barça, but somehow this makes you more passionate than others? Ok.

Yea, I did. It felt weird.

I am a football fan ahead of a Barca fan. It's only normal and an extremely logical argument. I became a Barca fan because I love football.

JamDav1982

I am a football fan ahead of a Barca fan. It's only normal and an extremely logical argument. I became a Barca fan because I love football.

So what is the reference to 'how passionate' someone is about Barca?

Why would I take it the wrong way?

Because it is from you?

F

Flavia

There's nothing logical about that, actually. And hating Thiago surely has nothing to do with being passionate about Barça. He didn't hurt the club by leaving, but actually helped rosell to fund Ney Sr's money.

serghei

Why is it not 'logical' that Thiago sees things the same way as you do? Football first Barca second.

It has fuck all to do with 'passion'.

Barca made Thiago the player he is. Leaving at the first tough moment is a failed test of character. It speaks about a lack of loyalty towards the club that put you on the football map.

I didn't speak about logic. It is also logic to move to a better club in order to win more. What Figo did was logical in terms of his career. He went to RM and he won the Champions League. He was still a traitor. So is Thiago. So, you can be logical and also a traitor, these two elements don't exclude each other, nor are they contradictory.

Home of Barca Fans