Thiago Translantara

serghei

Totally different situations.

One was the teams best player, captain who said would never move to Real Madrid. Whether it was a good career choice or not those moves are treated as a slap in the face.

The other was a young player not a first team starter who moved abroad. A player who always made it clear his dream was to be a footballer ahead of a Barca player.

You seem to agree that Thiagos move was a good career choice though so at least we are making progress.

I said it was logical, not good. The best move for him would've been to stay at Barca and succeed here.

JamDav1982

No, he didn't. Have you read Pep's book? Unless you're going to say Pep is a liar, it's written there pretty clearly that Thiago was put on for sale. And yes, you're completely contradicting yourself. Why would such an insignificant player(as you said he is) wanting to leave bother you? Like Freixa said, they got 25m for a substitute, and could then pay Neymar Sr. Excellent business.

Neymar was signed before Thiago left.

serghei

What was logical about Thiagos move to Bayern then?

It is logical to move to a team whose coach pretty much guarantees you playing time. It's the safe option, the less risky one. It is a logical thing to choose the safest option for you. Big club, coach who you know well, assurances that you will be the main man, bigger salary. If I were a player that had no real feelings or sense of loyalty for a club, I'd have went to Bayern as well, because it was a logical thing to do. I only blame him because he didn't care for Barca and that he didn't show he really wanted to succeed here.

Figo's case. It was logical to move to Real Madrid. Bigger club at the time, higher salary probably, bigger chance to win trophies including the Champions League.

Both Figo, and Thiago made decisions without caring for the emotional aspect of being a Barca player (one was Barca raised, the other from outside but adopted by the catalans). Of course Figo's case was of higher magnitude, but it is based on the same pattern of thinking and acting.

Last edited:

Yannik

Not contradictory. Barca invested a lot in Thiago. When Thiago should have repayed the investment, he bailed out.

You act like Barca trains players out of an act of pure selfishness, because they love the smile on their young faces or something.
They want to either use or sell them and make profit. Its a business, players think of themselves first, and the same applies to clubs. The repayment Barca received, was money. They invested a couple of hundred thousands into his developement, and he brought them 25+ million Euros in.

JamDav1982

It is logical to move to a team whose coach pretty much guarantees you playing time. It's the safe option, the less risky one. It is a logical thing to choose the safest option for you. Big club, coach who you know well, assurances that you will be the main man, bigger salary.

Again just rubbish.

The move was nothing about it being 'safe'.

Going for big money to the likes of Bayern and being a player the team is built around is a risk and backing your own ability to make it a success when there will be more pressure to do so.

So now you are saying the move was logical for Thiago but he should have stayed as he came through youth system.

Not reality im afraid.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And... If your father was Mazinho and your agent Pere Guardiola.
Loyalty is obviously overrated with some players.

F

Flavia

It is logical to move to a team whose coach pretty much guarantees you playing time. It's the safe option, the less risky one. It is a logical thing to choose the safest option for you. Big club, coach who you know well, assurances that you will be the main man, bigger salary. If I were a player that had no real feelings or sense of loyalty for a club, I'd have went to Bayern as well, because it was a logical thing to do. I only blame him because he didn't care for Barca and that he didn't show he really wanted him to succeed here.

Safe option? Moving to a different club, city, culture? Do you also hate cesc? Because he wanted to leave, and said so several times, in different interviews. Or only thiago has this privilege?

You act like Barca trains players out of an act of pure selfishness, because they love the smile on their young faces or something.
They want to either use or sell them and make profit. Its a business, players think of themselves first, and the same applies to clubs. The repayment Barca received, was money. They invested a couple of hundred thousands into his developement, and he brought them 25+ million Euros in.

Regarding Thiago, only his loyalty is questioned. He had to endure anything to succeed here, that is the mantra. The club obivously wanting to sell him doesn't matter. You ignore that to blame the player. I think the bigger problem was he choosing bayern, because of the cl semi. And even after beating bayern, and winning another treble, some just can't let it go.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of praising guys who stuck it out with the club like Roberto and having him as an example we have to keep reading about Thiago.
ffs screw Thiago and Bayern already. Since he moved there we won the treble. What does he have to show for? Bayernliga? He didn't move an inch closer to La Roja either.

Alik

Instead of praising guys who stuck it out with the club like Roberto and having him as an example we have to keep reading about Thiago.
ffs screw Thiago and Bayern already. Since he moved there we won the treble. What does he have to show for? Bayernliga? He didn't move an inch closer to La Roja either.

That's the truth.

F

Flavia

Roberto was close to leaving this summer too. I bet you he would have, if not for the transfer ban. And Pogba would be here instead. Everyone forgets these variables. But nobody would care about Roberto, as he was never hailed as the next big thing from la masia.

serghei

Safe option? Moving to a different club, city, culture? Do you also hate cesc? Because he wanted to leave, and said so several times, in different interviews. Or only thiago has this privilege?

Regarding Thiago, only his loyalty is questioned. He had to endure anything to succeed here, that is the mantra. The club obivously wanting to sell him doesn't matter. You ignore that to blame the player. I think the bigger problem was he choosing bayern, because of the cl semi. And even after beating bayern, and winning another treble, some just can't let it go.

Please, Thiago would't have left there if he didn't knew for sure he was going to play at Bayern. He has no loyalty but he is not stupid to switch clubs without making sure of some things first. Believe what you choose, and so shall I. Thiago was persuaded with increased playing time it's the most likely scenario for me. That's why he accepted.

Home of Barca Fans