Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

Please, Thiago would't have left there if he didn't knew for sure he was going to play at Bayern. He has no loyalty but he is not stupid to go at a club without making sure of some things first. Believe what you choose, and so shall I. Thiago was persuaded with increased playing time it's the most likely scenario.

I have never said otherwise. I've said multiples times here he left for more playing time, and because he trusted pep. Changing city and club it's not that easy, as you have to adapt. he took a risk for his career.

But you didn't answer me about cesc. Do you hate him for bailing out too?

serghei

You act like Barca trains players out of an act of pure selfishness, because they love the smile on their young faces or something.
They want to either use or sell them and make profit. Its a business, players think of themselves first, and the same applies to clubs. The repayment Barca received, was money. They invested a couple of hundred thousands into his developement, and he brought them 25+ million Euros in.

Barca does not raise players to sell them for profit. That might be a consequence, but not a purpose. Barca raises players to win trophies in the end. Some love the club and become legends, and develop a deep love for the club in the process, some don't give a shit about it. I know very well how to spot which is which.

serghei

But you didn't answer me about cesc. Do you hate him for bailing out too?

When he moved to Chelsea? Or to Arsenal? I don't blame him in neither case for the record. But he is hardly a Barca legend as a result. He is not a Barca legend, not an Arsenal legend anymore, and won't be a Chelsea legend either.

Last edited:

JC14

I really don't understand the people who are saying that Thiago is a traitor or what so ever. I am a big Barca fan, but really he made the best choice of his life. At the moment he decided to leave Barcelona he was in a situation where he was used as a back-up player. Not even a rotation player. That season Barcelona was already champion and even then Vilanova didn't let him play. And then one of the best teams in the world want you really, what would you do?

Let's accept it, it was really bad management off Vilanova and Zubi.

For me he is one off the best midfielders of the world at the moment. And it is scary that he can only get better. The role that he played yesterday against Arsenal is the role that suites him the best. As a deep-lying playmaker who can roam around the pitch, and dictate play. On many occassions Guardiola has used Thiago as an advanced playmaker, but he then can dissapear from a game.

At Bayern they play the game that is perfect for him, possession based and dominate matches. Unfortunately, at Barcelona they now play a sort off counter attack/direct game within this type off midfielders don't suit. Just look at the bad stats of Iniesta last season. Like I said, he made the best choice off his life to join Bayern and he will compete for Balon D'or on a really short term.

F

Flavia

No. I don't. A lot of people wanted him out, to the point of fans booing him on Camp Nou. He was not needed anymore, and it was no surprise Rakitic was brought in.

And Thiago was needed? He was 4th choice, also riddled with injuries back then. But I thought the fact of Cesc bailing out after a bad season, and showing no loyalty for Barça for the 2nd time could maybe get you angry too. My mistake.

Yannik

Barca does not raise players to sell them for profit. That might be a consequence, but not a purpose. Barca raises players to win trophies in the end. Some love the club and become legends, and develop a deep love for the club in the process, some don't give a shit about it. I know very well how to spot which is which.

Of course they do. Success IS a profit. They do raise players for their own interests. Not for them. Selling them for profit is Plan B. Investing work into Thiago's developement has paid of for Barca, 25 or more into the transfer budget, money that goes straight into the investement of other players to help them achieve more success. (Rakitic, Bravo etc). The project "Thiago" has been a success, and unlike hundreds of players stuck in La Masia because they dont fulfill heir potential and cant repay Barca in what they have invested in them, Thiago doesnt owe Barca anything anymore.
Your ideals of football are surreal, almost all players don't love their clubs for what the values they stand for, or because they are a bunch of cool guys to hang out with. They "love" the club, because the club offers them success. If Barca wouldnt be a top-team, then players would only use it as a stepping stone, to achieve success elsewhere. Thiago's case is similar, he pursues personal success, only difference is that he goes from one top club with few playing time, to another top club where he gets offered more.

Last edited:

Galning

I really don't understand the people who are saying that Thiago is a traitor or what so ever. I am a big Barca fan, but really he made the best choice of his life. At the moment he decided to leave Barcelona he was in a situation where he was used as a back-up player. Not even a rotation player. That season Barcelona was already champion and even then Vilanova didn't let him play. And then one of the best teams in the world want you really, what would you do?

Let's accept it, it was really bad management off Vilanova and Zubi.

For me he is one off the best midfielders of the world at the moment. And it is scary that he can only get better. The role that he played yesterday against Arsenal is the role that suites him the best. As a deep-lying playmaker who can roam around the pitch, and dictate play. On many occassions Guardiola has used Thiago as an advanced playmaker, but he then can dissapear from a game.

At Bayern they play the game that is perfect for him, possession based and dominate matches. Unfortunately, at Barcelona they now play a sort off counter attack/direct game within this type off midfielders don't suit. Just look at the bad stats of Iniesta last season. Like I said, he made the best choice off his life to join Bayern and he will compete for Balon D'or on a really short term.

Good first post, mate. Welcome to the forum!

serghei

And Thiago was needed? He was 4th choice, also riddled with injuries back then. But I thought the fact of Cesc bailing out after a bad season, and showing no loyalty for Barça for the 2nd time could maybe get you angry too. My mistake.

Even so, his career at Barca is much better than Thiago's.

F

Flavia

Even so, his career at Barca is much better than Thiago's.

I thought this would configure even more reason for you to get angry at him for showing such disloyalty. After all, Thiago meant nothing for Barça. Cesc was the prodigal son, etc, who bailed out when things got tough.

JamDav1982

No. The club has made clear he's not in our near-future plans.

So the player circumstances do matter and can over ride the fact that the club has invested in their future?

Ok the rules are changing again.

No one at club has told Samper he has no future by the way.

F

Flavia

No. The club has made clear he's not in our near-future plans.

What's the difference to thiago? lol. What the press say doesn't matter now? They hail samper as xavi's heir too. Double standards much?

Home of Barca Fans