Thiago Translantara

Irish_Cules

I don't see him going to Bayern. There's Schweinsteiger, Gotze and Muller starting in the positions where he would most likely play. If he's going anywhere it's Manchester United where he will be guaranteed to be their main midfielder. Let's hope he stays though.

The Special One

I don't see him going to Bayern. There's Schweinsteiger, Gotze and Muller starting in the positions where he would most likely play. If he's going anywhere it's Manchester United where he will be guaranteed to be their main midfielder. Let's hope he stays though.
dont think hes going to bayern either. Personally I think Bayern might prefer physically strong players which thiago isn't however with Pep taking over you never know.

ryuken

It was incompetent of our board to not let Tito know that Thiago needed to play a certain amount of minutes or he could leave for 18M. How could anybody not let him know?

It is incompetent of Tito to not even know this shiet, basically he is forcing Thiago out with his suck ass way of overplaying Xavi in meaningless matches.

Paganinisrvnge

We may not regret letting Thiago go right away as we have Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Busquets, and even Messi can play in midfield. However, Xavi is going to need to play less matches and when the time comes...there will be no Thiago to step up and take his place and that could lead to some midfield issues over the next several years.

I also partially blame Xavi for being insistent on playing so many matches and being in denial about his drop in performance lately but it's mainly Tito's fault.

Butaan4barca

We may not regret letting Thiago go right away as we have Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Busquets, and even Messi can play in midfield. However, Xavi is going to need to play less matches and when the time comes...there will be no Thiago to step up and take his place and that could lead to some midfield issues over the next several years.

I also partially blame Xavi for being insistent on playing so many matches and being in denial about his drop in performance lately but it's mainly Tito's fault.

kind of agree with you. But thiago is the one with flairs and flicks. Between him and roberto, people mightnot agree, i have rated robertoo higher than him.

I think sergi roberto is the must keeper. He is the kind of assured midfielder who can control the tempo of the game. Not saying i hate thiago, (i love him, for what he is and he definetely is a very unique player). But lets just say, if he is so impatient that he can't even give the club,which manufactured him, another chance. I won't be disappointed. Rather feel happy for him.

We need players who besides many offers, stood strong and stayed. very recent example would be robertoo and samper. and even deulofue.

Neal Faradinho

kind of agree with you. But thiago is the one with flairs and flicks. Between him and roberto, people mightnot agree, i have rated robertoo higher than him.

I think sergi roberto is the must keeper. He is the kind of assured midfielder who can control the tempo of the game. Not saying i hate thiago, (i love him, for what he is and he definetely is a very unique player). But lets just say, if he is so impatient that he can't even give the club,which manufactured him, another chance. I won't be disappointed. Rather feel happy for him.

We need players who besides many offers, stood strong and stayed. very recent example would be robertoo and samper. and even deulofue.

Nonono, Thiago is the midfield maestro who can control the game, not Sergi Roberto,
He is more like Lampard.

jklz

In my opinion, Sergi Roberto isn't even close to Thiago (I frankly don't think that Sergi Roberto has a future as a starting XI player). And the B-team is an absolute mess in the midfield, also when Sergi Roberto plays. He doesn't seem to be able to control a midfield at all, so I doubt he'll be able to do it on a higher level. Thiago on the other hand has the flair, but also dictates the play tremendously (B-team and Spain U21); he just needs to play consistent minutes to be able to do that for the first team as well.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If he really does leave just so he can try and play in the WC next year, fine let him go. Its really arrogant and short-sighted of him to think that moving to UTD will increase his chances that much of playing in Brazil.

How he thinks that in a year's time he will be able to replace either Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Silva, Santi and Xabi is beyond me. He just needs to realize that his time will come in the next WC, just not yet. If anything, the player he should be trying to beat out in that squad is Xavi and what better place to do that by replacing him at the club he plays at?

I really don't understand his M/O in all of this and why he thinks (maybe) starting at UTD will magically want Del Bosque to pick him. Again, he still has a lot of competition at UTD since they will most likely only play with two CMs so its no guarantee he will start there, either.

I hope he stays, nothing concrete has come out yet but Tito, Rosell and Co. REALLY need to guarantee him more starts. He does deserve that, but a spot on the NT is a whole new story.

SwiftGuyver

^^^great post, agree with everything you said...

our management's priorities right now should be buying a world class/potential world class CB and convincing Thiago to stay.

next season Xavi needs to play less for both his and Thiago's sake. Thiago should start at least 60% of our league games and most of our CdR games IMO and Xavi should start CL games and league games against tougher opposition.

Last edited:

Gaudi

LEt's be honest, Thiago will most likely be one of the best in his prime (nothing is 100% certain), which means if he goes we'll try to re-sign him in 3 years for like 50-60 mil. Great call:angry:

SwiftGuyver

i just hope Rosell isn't trying to force Thiago out so Neymar can wear 11 next season! i know that sounds ridiculous but it actually wouldn't surprise me...

maybe not 'force him out' but rather not really bothered about convincing him to stay...

i just hope Rosell isn't trying to force Thiago out so Neymar can wear 11 next season! i know that sounds ridiculous but it actually wouldn't surprise me...

maybe not 'force him out' but rather not really bothered about convincing him to stay...

Didn't Zubi or someone say something about the number 11 belonging to Thiago during Neymar's press conference? Or something like that.

If Tito has the same behavior regarding our young players next year I'd rather he leaves, it will be better for his career.

Nah, if that happens, I hope Tito leaves. Problem solved. Looks like we'll be giving him another shot next season, but I can see him getting sacked if he doesn't improve.

If he really does leave just so he can try and play in the WC next year, fine let him go. Its really arrogant and short-sighted of him to think that moving to UTD will increase his chances that much of playing in Brazil.

How he thinks that in a year's time he will be able to replace either Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Silva, Santi and Xabi is beyond me. He just needs to realize that his time will come in the next WC, just not yet. If anything, the player he should be trying to beat out in that squad is Xavi and what better place to do that by replacing him at the club he plays at?

I really don't understand his M/O in all of this and why he thinks (maybe) starting at UTD will magically want Del Bosque to pick him. Again, he still has a lot of competition at UTD since they will most likely only play with two CMs so its no guarantee he will start there, either.

I hope he stays, nothing concrete has come out yet but Tito, Rosell and Co. REALLY need to guarantee him more starts. He does deserve that, but a spot on the NT is a whole new story.

Yeah, he doesn't have a chance of starting at the next WC. I can see him making the bench, but I also don't think he needs to go to Man U to make it happen. He just needs to be played more. And we REALLY need to play him more. I mean, Tito only started him in 1 of the 4 pointless games at the end of the season, starting the 33 year old Xavi in the other 3 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans