Thiago Translantara

Yellowmustard

Well hello there Lucky Luciano!

Anyway, Thiago's minutes might be limited with Cesc coming, but I'm confident that he'll stay and will accept his role. Him and Cesc can be the epitomy of Barca "future".
Hello Xavi !

I think he should be selfish, and move to another team. If I was him, I would not be happy about Cesc coming. He deserves to be treated better.

Barca needs to share their talent. Sell him to Manchester :D.

Last edited:

LaMessiah

Hello Xavi !

I think he should be selfish, and move to another team. If I was him, I would not be happy about Cesc coming. He deserves to be treated better.

Barca needs to share their talent. Sell him to Manchester :D.

sure... all they have to do is pay the 90M buy out clause and he can go :p

ledzep

cesc coming to the team won't affect thiago's playing time that much; it is actually a good thing. competition for the starting XI spot motivates players to improve themselves. if anything, thiago will push himself harder to feature in games regularly, ahead of cesc.

as for the mintues, I'm confident both thiago and cesc will have their fair share of playing time. last year when Masch came there were certain questions if he would get enough playing time. turned out with all the fucking injuries in march and april, his transfer proved to be extremely vital to the team.
noone's insured of staying fit and fresh for 50+ games this season; i'm sure having two world class talents ready to fill in for iniesta or xavi's when they'r injured/tired/unfit will prove important once again.

It's probably been discussed a thousand times, but how will the signing of Cecs affect Thiago's playing opportunities? And where do you all see him cementing his place in the side? In the Iniesta role or more similar to Xavi (surely Cesc was signed for that exact role). Or will he be used on the left of a midfield three with Iniesta in a more advanced role in the front three? Surely that creates another problem as a front three of Iniesta - Villa - Messi will leave out Pedro and contradict the signing of Sanchez.

On a side note, will Thiago wear the #11 shirt all season? A great improvement of Jeffren if so...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cesc signing will definitely make it more difficult for Thiago. pep is not a man who rotates as much as Ferguson and he played Xavi, Messi, Alves almost everytime they were fit.
I see Thiago starting in Copa matches and bidding his opportunities from the bench in La Liga with occasional starts here and there.
Thiago is more suited for an advanced role and pep even tested him in Messi's position as a false 9 so I would say he's more suited to play Iniesta's role. And we've seen that he has a nose for scoring so it would be a shame to play him deep.

poncirus

Pep didn't rotate much because Barca has to win 99% of the matches to secure the title and while our substitutes are decent there was a significant gap in quality compared to first team. In menaingless matches Pep introduced youngsters and fringe players (ie Kazan at home). He will rotate, that was the point of this transfer window.

Thiago, Cesc and Alexis will get their time because they are quality.

E

estranged

Not wanting to ope a can of worms here, but thank god we signed Cesc. Cesc will be crucial, so far as this season is concerned anyway. Thiago is amazing, but he's too young and inexperienced to be put in games like this, I think cesc will do a much better job. I love Thiago's dribbling and flair, but he seriously can't run a midfield, at least I have more faith in cesc doing so in Xavi's absence.

IMO Cesc will show his worth very soon, Thiago still has a lot to learn, really needs to improve his concentration.

Der Kaiser

Tonight was a big test for young Thiago and he seemed very nervious and unconfident against the raging beasts of Real. He got a grip in the second half but did way too many mistakes in the first. Sill, he´s super young and super talented, he can make all mistakes he wants as long as he doesn´t do them twice. His next clasico will be much better.

Home of Barca Fans