Thierry Henry

E

Esteve

Henry is DONE. OVER. FINISHED. We need 11 players on the pitch from the start, not 10.

Absolutely. I agree, 100%. It's the severe lack of effort that has me pissed right off. He has been nothing more than a waster this season. Lots of culés pissed all over Dinho when he stopped trying for the club & this is proving to be all too similar. Honestly, if that's his attitude, I'm sure America is the perfect place for him to finish off what's left of his career. Christ. I hate being too harsh on players but I've been losing my patience in recent weeks.

Moe

powered by;
The worst part about Henry is he doesn't even look like he gives a fuck anymore. He looks like he did in his last season at Arsenal, where he was a complete waste of space, and this time he doesn't have the injury excuse.

Exactly. Thats what I noticed too, it's like he lost his passion especially after the Ireland game

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The worst part about Henry is he doesn't even look like he gives a fuck anymore. He looks like he did in his last season at Arsenal, where he was a complete waste of space, and this time he doesn't have the injury excuse.

that's coz he doesn't give a fuck, not like he used to.

IMO he's body has been breaking down on him for about three years now.

wenger overused him to fuckery, playing him through injuries, and as a player who relied so much on physicality that was always foolish long-term planning. and it's come back to haunt him really. he's not been the same since summer '06 when he lost those back to back finals.

his will held it together last season (basically what batigol did in 00/01) to do what he's always dreamed of doing. pep played a huge part in this, sure, but his motivation to 1) succeed outside of the PL and 2) win the CL were essential to him being useful.

now he's won the CL and completed his medal collection, I think he doesn't care (not to the level you need to care in order to make it with a broken body). the only reason he hasn't retired yet is because there's a world cup at the end of the season. once that's over I expect he'll retire, or move to MLS.

(andthenwewillsignvillaihopeihopeihope)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
After about 10 minutes you could see that Henry would not play the whole match. Missed passes, offsides etc. I hope he will get a grip in the final stages of CL, but to be sure we should maybe look for a backup or start playing Pedro in the starting 11 so he can gain more experience and become an even better teamplayer.

Another thing - I think we could close the game earlier with Yaya instead of Busquets. I'm not sure why he hasn't got much time on the pitch untill he spoke to the press. I agree it was a very bad move by Yaya, such issues should be resolved between Yaya and the club / Pep. But on the other hand we don't know the reason behind his action (even though there are some speculations about his agent being the bad seed) - imo Yaya has been treated unfair. Instead of building on last years success, he's further away from the starting 11 and looses confidence. I would like some clarity on this issue. I simply can not see another player make a better season on DM than Yaya last year - and definitively not Masherano.

Last edited:

SoMa

Needs to get benched, then sold during next summer. The old man can't even sprint any more. It pisses me off to see him wasting space, and every time it looks like he just doesn't give a shit about the game...

desoe

He's finished.

I would say "he's crap" in other occasions, but I have respect for the guy. So I'd just say "finished". He needs to go. MLS or something, whatever he decides.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
its obvious Titi is not getting any younger and he hasn't been playing well..but all this flak is unwarranted.

I don't blame him for being a shell of his former self, players who rely on pace always age poorly, but I blame him for wasting space and standing offside all game like he's on vacation or something. He lived up to his reputation last year, shut up the haters, and now he's the same apathetic lazy waste of space he was in his last season at Arsenal. I wish him luck collecting one last big pay check, but hopefully not here.

iced1776

its obvious Titi is not getting any younger and he hasn't been playing well..but all this flak is unwarranted.

How is it unwarranted, he's been useless all season. Doesn't matter about his past career or the reasons he's playing poorly, he's hurting the team a lot.

I think Thierry wanted out over the summer an have said it time an time again, but Pep would not let him which as then led to a falling out which as then led to Thierry not giving a fuck because he clearly told Pep he wanted out!

Its not that he has not lost it, just lost hes motivation at Barcelona which is wrong he should give it hes all untill hes very last game!

S

SUTTONCULE

Personally I thought he was passed it in his last season in England, and it seamed to show in that first season with Barca'. :sad: But the transformation last season was incredible, almost back to his best. Perhaps he has gone one season to long now, but everyone must remember the part he played in the clubs best season ever!! :hooray:

deelio

I understand the comments above, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Hopefully this is just a bad spell from him, possibly because of the Ireland game among other things (He's received so much demoralizing abuse from the press, i can't even imagine). But if I'm wrong, then unfortunately he does have to go after this season because he simply wasn't giving 100% in the Depor game and in other games this season.

Nirre_99

At least the last performances is alittle step forward, isn't it.

I mean, it's not like it's good performances, but I think it looks like he is improving but kinda slowly.

I would still like to see Pedro/Ibra/Messi as the front lineup more than we have seen sofar, with xavi/iniesta and one of yaya/keita/biscuits in midfield.

ryuken

One thing i have to say is that do not let henry anywhere near the starting line up and work our ass of for a Decent LW during the winter transfer window

Home of Barca Fans