Thierry Henry

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The most important point he made is that Henry gets absolutely no support from the rest of the team. He brings mostly Xavi as an example but Messi and Ibra ignore him even more.
Messi and Ibra play very well together but they completely ignore Henry.

I have no clue on the reasons for this and probably I don't even want to know.
But if this doesn't improve then we should replace Henry with some potent (left) winger who gets better acceptance by the rest of the team, so that we can get our left wing attack back.

he gets no support because he's been crap!

whenever we give him the ball he mistimes his run and gets caught offside, or stands there squared up to his fullback and loses the ball in some way or another. after a while you actually wanna hurt the opposition so you stop giving him the ball.

but even then, he gets the ball plenty of times. especially from xavi (although yes xavi doesn't always look for henry when he runs in behind but that's coz henry ALWAYS tries to run in-behind like this was 2003 again and he could get 15 yards away from the defence before they knew what was going on).

he doesn't often get much service from leo but that's because leo's on the opposite side of the pitch more often than not.

E

Esteve

Watching him waste the club's time is insanely frustrating. Christ, MLS is calling your name, son.

[FCB]Messi[10

Watching him waste the club's time is insanely frustrating. Christ, MLS is calling your name, son.

How Henry is playing right now was exactly the same thing like Dinho was playing a couple of months ago. Watching Henry play right now with Barca is just frustrating, and I would say imo its time to go to the MLS Henry.

E

Esteve

I agree, very similar to Dinho's lackadaisical approach towards the end of his time at FCB & up until recently with Milan. It's unfair on Pedro too. He's playing very well this season (even came on to assist Leo at the weekend, ffs!) & Henry is just pissing about really.

[FCB]Messi[10

I agree, very similar to Dinho's lackadaisical approach towards the end of his time at FCB & up until recently with Milan. It's unfair on Pedro too. He's playing very well this season (even came on to assist Leo at the weekend, ffs!) & Henry is just pissing about really.

Pep should just put Pedro on Barca's left wing because he is doing way better there then Henry is doing and is actually trying during a game. But we should give Henry some time to get his form back since he might still feel bad about that whole hand ball incident, but if he doesn't get his form up then we just might have to sell him off to another team just like we did to Dinho.

E

Esteve

Pep should just put Pedro on Barca's left wing because he is doing way better there then Henry is doing and is actually trying during a game. But we should give Henry some time to get his form back since he might still feel bad about that whole hand ball incident, but if he doesn't get his form up then we just might have to sell him off to another team just like we did to Dinho.

I hope Pep gives Pedro a game on Wednesday for starters. Pretty sure Henry has a history of starting slowly before getting into the swing of things but at this stage, that looks unlikely. He's not trying, that's the problem. He shouldn't dwell on the handball incident. I'm Irish and it took me all of about 14 minutes to move on. All of those who haven't are just raging idiots, really. Henry will probably be sold in the summer and if so, I'll be grateful for his efforts last season above all. I just hope he doesn't carry on like this. He'll lose a lot of supporters if he does.

[FCB]Messi[10

I hope Pep gives Pedro a game on Wednesday for starters. Pretty sure Henry has a history of starting slowly before getting into the swing of things but at this stage, that looks unlikely. He's not trying, that's the problem. He shouldn't dwell on the handball incident. I'm Irish and it took me all of about 14 minutes to move on. All of those who haven't are just raging idiots, really. Henry will probably be sold in the summer and if so, I'll be grateful for his efforts last season above all. I just hope he doesn't carry on like this. He'll lose a lot of supporters if he does.

I don't think he will lost a lot of supporters, especially not the Arsenal fans because they know how good Henry is when he is in form. But if he does get sold, all Barca fans should be grateful for the way he played last season with the treble team because he was a huge part in that as well. Hopefully we can see Henry get his form back up before he gets sold.

E

Esteve

For me, I don't and never have supported Arsenal so yeah. Apart from that, I just can't excuse lack of effort. Ronaldinho did a lot more for the club, and still, his bad behaviour was viewed as complete and utter bollocks - Rightfully so. Henry is in the same boat, though he hasn't given the club nearly as much.

Beast

The Observer
As much as i gave Onry the stick before his move to Barca and in his first season with Barca i feel obliged to say my 2 cents on his recent situation .

As some said he lost another notch of his physical shape which is normal for someone who relied a lot on his pace , Henry can still perform and score goals but not from the wing position , he is yet to form a good partnership with Ibra and his best position is a sub for Ibra.
Henry best game with Barca this season was when he replaced Ibra in the line up , he still have the eye on goal and his goal scoring instinct so your best solution is play Pedro or Iniesta on the wings and play Henry as a forward when Ibra is out or u need a striker system .
I have to add Henry is under huge pressure lately with the Ireland fiasco so give him some space to mentally recover

I didn't think i'll ever defend Onry but fair play to him he proved me wrong in the past and delivered

T

Trillske

Havent followed his carrier really, the only french player I´ve really watched from this generation was Zidane (pure love), but I´ve allways thought Henry was really good, its a big name.

Really, really, starting to give up hope for this guy. I guess he is not "bad" at all, but really bland, and I cant see him (again?) reaching a level where he is really fit for his position in Barcelona.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
As much as i gave Onry the stick before his move to Barca and in his first season with Barca i feel obliged to say my 2 cents on his recent situation .

As some said he lost another notch of his physical shape which is normal for someone who relied a lot on his pace , Henry can still perform and score goals but not from the wing position , he is yet to form a good partnership with Ibra and his best position is a sub for Ibra.
Henry best game with Barca this season was when he replaced Ibra in the line up , he still have the eye on goal and his goal scoring instinct so your best solution is play Pedro or Iniesta on the wings and play Henry as a forward when Ibra is out or u need a striker system .
I have to add Henry is under huge pressure lately with the Ireland fiasco so give him some space to mentally recover

I didn't think i'll ever defend Onry but fair play to him he proved me wrong in the past and delivered

I think there's definitely an element of incompatibility with zlatan. henry worked much better with eto'o, who was also his buddy. with zlatan, while they can link up on occasion, more often than not they're not on the same wavelength. no doubt this is partly because zlatan is so much more eager to link with messi, dani and xaviesta.

and yes ireland is obviously a huge factor but he was sucking before that too.

you haveta consider the motivation issue. he's won it all, that affects players, even big ones (pirlo and ronaldinho, to name two massive examples).

If hes only problem is a lack of effort, then that does not mean he is finished! he still has it, just cant be fucked trying anymore! lost the desire to play for Barcelona maybe who knows whats going on! but at the end of the day, he would be a walk up start to any team in the world. If he can sort out hes lazyness an lack of effort you will see the real Henry, just a lot of shit has happen of the field which obviously hes priorities lie off the field then on! Once he gets hes life sorted out im 100per cent convinced he will be back!
Maybe should take a few weeks of an refresh himself an sort out what ever problems he has an come back an put in another solid effort for the club that gave him what he wanted!
Just cut him some slack! if it was not for him I dont think Barcelona would of won the CL, quiet a few important goals he scored last season in the CL!

Hope for your sake Titi you sort everything out!

Legend.

V

Valon

Hmm I happen to agree with Gio that we should play Pedro in LW and keep Onry as a sub for the CF position. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Home of Barca Fans