Thomas Muller

malvolio

You discredit yourself. When Bayern players celebrate in a regular fashion with their own fans, it is classless, when Spanish players sing loud and proud viva espana in Germany jerseys while dancing forth and back through the catacombs of the stadium, in that particular spot where they obviously knew one of Germany's biggest players was giving an interview at that time, that it "understandable"? Again, wow, just wow. Luckily, you are not biased at all.

And yes, most pundits had written Bayern off, even here at barcaforum not many believed Bayern would turn it around, let alone hoping for a Bavarian turnaround. Hell, even many Bayern fans, myself included, didn't really believe that they could do it given the circumstances (worst injury crisis since forever), yet they made said comeback in the most devastating fashion possible.

discredit myself? not really. i was pointing to the fact that the celebration was over the top considering the occasion/opponent. i don't have a problem with the germans or any other team/nation celebrating winning the euro/worldcup or other competition.

we've already discussed the injury crisis, it's blown out of proportion especially regarding the context. being able to field alonso, lewandovsky, goetze, muller, lahm, thiago, boateng, neuer against a team with almost no experience at that stage and key players missing is just finding excuses. so stop playing the injury card because it's getting old.

Yannik

You're right about that highjacking, it's way worst :/ Again, I completely understand the effervescence, but you just have to understand your opponents distress and stay classy.

I get your point mate, and I myself found myself getting emotional watching the celebration video in the Arena after the Porto comeback, that level of communion with the fans is amazing, just looks bad when it's away from home when you just decimated an already dead spirit that was barça at that time.

All in all, i'm just happy I don't get to see Muller too often, as long as he's far away in another league I don't watch, i'm good ^^

fair enough, but also please refrain from insulting him over these things. He never meant to offend Messi or any Barca fan in the Camp Nou.

Yannik

discredit myself? not really. i was pointing to the fact that the celebration was over the top considering the occasion/opponent. i don't have a problem with the germans or any other team/nation celebrating winning the euro/worldcup or other competition.

we've already discussed the injury crisis, it's blown out of proportion especially regarding the context. being able to field alonso, lewandovsky, goetze, muller, lahm, thiago, boateng, neuer against a team with almost no experience at that stage and key players missing is just finding excuses. so stop playing the injury card because it's getting old.

Bayern had a very tough week behind them, loss to Porto, critical injury situation, Pep in critics, and this win was a relief and shut up every critic for some time.
They have every right to be happy about this. And they can celebrate it the way they want, as long as it doesnt offend others, and it didnt. I dont get why you have a problem with that.

Its completely ridiculous, Henry has slammed Chicharito for his celebration yesterday, today I constantly read about people telling others "how hard" and "how soft" to celebrate. I hope that football never becomes a sport where non-harming emotions of players of fans become restricted or limited.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It was not "over the top". Bayern came back from a horrifying and ridiculous defeat in the CL final at home the season before and now they had just managed to get there again (by dismantling what at that time many still perceived as the best team in the world) to redeem themselves. If one as a player doesn't celebrate that with their fans, I would actually have that guy be thrown out of the club if I were manager or director.

Blown out of proportions. :D :D :D

I would like to see you come here and whine if Messi, Neymar, Pique, Batra, Alba, Rakitic and Busquets were all injured at the same time for several weeks or even months.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
For sure. I can only name few more things that I'm certain both sides agree on : Bale, Isco & Modrić.

Bale I don't know, but if you mean that Isco & Modric are great, and belong in Barcelona, then Yes :D

G

Gasgas

People here telling players not to celebrate wins? :facepalm:
Let them celebrate it however they see right.
Well the opponent was in bad circumstances, well that's life deal with it. Just because you are down that doesnt mean you have to bring everyone down with you instead find the strength to come back up like a strong team not some babies who want everyone around to feel pity for them and hold a pity party.

malvolio

I would like to see you come here and whine if Messi, Neymar, Pique, Batra, Alba, Rakitic and Busquets were all injured at the same time for several weeks or even months.

if we were to face porto at home, without all their stars and had muller, goetze, lewa in attack + a midfield of lahm, thiago, alonso? yes sure, bring it on! :xavi:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Never heard him saying that.
I remember when he was asked about Messi's WC Player trophy and he never said "Let Messi have that stupid wc player trophy, we don't give a shit".
i know what he said, the interview is popular in germany, but someone here who obviously doesnt like Müller mistranslated this on purpose in order to make it sound as if he would be offending Messi.

So what exactly did he say?

I also remember when he was asked about the rumor linking him to us and his reaction, bursting out laughing so hard (there is a GIF, too lazy to look for it now), how much more condescending can he be?

He is a great footballer with one of the highest football IQ in the world, knowing how to show up in the right place at the right time and deal his enemy with a blow in mostly non-conventional ways. But man, other than Bayern and German NT fans, few people really like him as a person.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans