Thomas Muller

Siberia

i1zn09.jpg

Not the first time he did this

xavisionary

Seeing as everyone cares about my opinion, I love Thomas Muller, have since he made England his bitch as a 20 (TWENTY...TWENTY) year old at the 2010 WC, and then scored against Argentina in the next round. Germany would have beat Spain if he wasn't suspended, no lie.

Morten

Seeing as everyone cares about my opinion, I love Thomas Muller, have since he made England his bitch as a 20 (TWENTY...TWENTY) year old at the 2010 WC, and then scored against Argentina in the next round. Germany would have beat Spain if he wasn't suspended, no lie.

No.

Diogo28

Muller is fantastic. He is and enthusiastic player and very emotional, but not in a selfish way like CR. He loves the fans.

Yannik

i1zn09.jpg

Not the first time he did this

i find these images annoying to be honest. You just have a zoomed frame of a tv image, that doesnt tell you wether he was pointing on Quaresma mocking him as if it would look like a high-school bully clichee does, or if he was just celebrating with a temmate standing behind Quaresma after scoring a goal. In the end people will see what they want to see, and then potentially misleading pictures like this can spread like wildfire, creating shitstorm over something that is actually thrown completely out of context.

Patricho

You guys are insane. I can understand rival fans hating Müller for some of his on field antics, but for celebrating, mistranslated quotes, or manipulated pictures?

He's generally popular among Germans because he says what's on his mind, is intelligent and pretty funny. He's the polar opposite of the modern footballer: his game is unconventional , he doesn't have tats, jewelry, flashy clothes or cars and he doesn't spout the same old, boring routine bullshit in interviews that every Tom, Dick, and Harry does.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i find these images annoying to be honest. You just have a zoomed frame of a tv image, that doesnt tell you wether he was pointing on Quaresma mocking him as if it would look like a high-school bully clichee does, or if he was just celebrating with a temmate standing behind Quaresma after scoring a goal. In the end people will see what they want to see, and then potentially misleading pictures like this can spread like wildfire, creating shitstorm over something that is actually thrown completely out of context.

I agree one picture like this one means nothing as it could have been anything like you said, or taken out of context. But his reputation outside the Bayern/German NT fandom didn't materialize for nothing, or be based on just one picture like this one. It takes multiple things he allegedly did/said for people to form their opinion of him, whether it was accurate or not you may argue.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Like him as a player and as a true lover of Bayern and it's fans. But as a person, he seems like a tuche, maybe he just seems like it, I don't know :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You guys are insane. I can understand rival fans hating Müller for some of his on field antics, but for celebrating, mistranslated quotes, or manipulated pictures?

He's generally popular among Germans because he says what's on his mind, is intelligent and pretty funny. He's the polar opposite of the modern footballer: his game is unconventional , he doesn't have tats, jewelry, flashy clothes or cars and he doesn't spout the same old, boring routine bullshit in interviews that every Tom, Dick, and Harry does.

Which can be both good and bad. If we all speak our mind without any general etiquette and niceties, we are going to offend a lot of people and our society would not function.

What car does Mueller drive by the way?

Patricho

Which can be both good and bad. If we all speak our mind without any general etiquette and niceties, we are going to offend a lot of people and our society would not function.

What car does Mueller drive by the way?

Good point. But you can't be on the other end of the spectrum either and try to be diplomatic all the time, because:

1. You're not going to succeed.
2. A lot of people will get frustrated with you for not speaking the truth.

And to answer your other question: Müller doesn't even own a car. He rides his horse that he breeds with his wifey. What's not to like about him? ;)

Yannik

I agree one picture like this one means nothing as it could have been anything like you said, or taken out of context. But his reputation outside the Bayern/German NT fandom didn't materialize for nothing, or be based on just one picture like this one. It takes multiple things he allegedly did/said for people to form their opinion of him, whether it was accurate or not you may argue.

yes but I am not so sure about why that is. I assume that what he says can lead to false assumptions when it is written down and translated, rather than watched on live tv.
I think you have to be german to understand his persona. Its about the way he looks, smiles and the gestures he makes during these interviews that make a huge difference. But when you read the interviews then you will only see the words, you will read it with a serious voice, and throw it somehow out of context. That's why he's popular among german people, and disliked by others.
Its like me and my best buddy, he'd be teasing me for something, i laugh and say "son of a bitch" and its all fun and games.
But if someone wrote about it like "he then called his best friend a son of a bitch", then everyone reading that would be like WTF.

Home of Barca Fans