Thomas Muller

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thank god he's not. We have 3 forwards who are all considerably better than him anyway. So, no, I wouldn't love to see him in our team. That might have been the case if he was better than what we have.

why not? and our forwards are better but not ''considerably better''.

Crews

It's not like Müller hasn't been the top scorer of the WC at a young age, almost twice. Proven to be a big game player with immense work-moral. His style is unorthodox, he exploits space in a manner never seen before and uses his intelligence for scoring and assisting. Neymar on the other hand is the flashy dribler little bit like Ribery but he doesn't have that work-moral though. I'd like to hear how someone can compare these two players objectively and come up with some stat based on universal truth of betterness that makes either one superior compared to other.

Observer

Banned
He is a great player, proven beyond haters, won all and still young.

You gotta admire ppl that are 100% real whether you like them or not, but one thing is for sure he has a serious case of "punchable face".

My hands shake everytime I see him.

Trickykid

It's not like Müller hasn't been the top scorer of the WC at a young age, almost twice. Proven to be a big game player with immense work-moral. His style is unorthodox, he exploits space in a manner never seen before and uses his intelligence for scoring and assisting. Neymar on the other hand is the flashy dribler little bit like Ribery but he doesn't have that work-moral though. I'd like to hear how someone can compare these two players objectively and come up with some stat based on universal truth of betterness that makes either one superior compared to other.

Care to elaborate on that? Good player, sure, but - as I see it - hardly someone who has actually reinvented the game as you claim.

Crews

Care to elaborate on that? Good player, sure, but - as I see it - hardly someone who has actually reinvented the game as you claim.

http://theraumdeuter.com/raumdeuter-meaning/

I might have been a bit misleading but I think that article summs up my message well enough. Ribery vs Neymar and Müller/Lewandowski (in a system that suits him ie Dortmund 2 years ago) vs Suarez is really a matter of opinion. The hype in the PL is unbelievable and inflates the prices and value trough the roof. Suarez was a great buy for you guys but the sheer price also creates surrealistic expectations that affects one's subconsciousness, in other words the Bale-case. Not going to bring up my opinions on Messi vs Robben since the latter has a god-like status among Barca fans and I would most likely get burned at the stake for blasphemy so in a nutshell I do not take any official stand on how good Messi is nor that is he the best player in the world, but rather honour your respectful opinions on the matter.

Edit: I can't make post that article as a hyperlink on my phone so if someone wants to read it they just have to copypaste it.

Last edited:

anguy

It's not like Müller hasn't been the top scorer of the WC at a young age, almost twice. Proven to be a big game player with immense work-moral. His style is unorthodox, he exploits space in a manner never seen before and uses his intelligence for scoring and assisting.

He's effective near goal in both scoring and assisting, but doesn't offer much in terms of buildup etc. He'd be a huge flop in Barcelona.

Crews

He's effective near goal in both scoring and assisting, but doesn't offer much in terms of buildup etc. He'd be a huge flop in Barcelona.

You're just proving my point. The fact that he allegedly wouldn't fit in Barca doesn't mean he's worse than Neymar or Suarez and difference in style makes player to player comparison unreasonable at best.

anguy

You're just proving my point. The fact that he allegedly wouldn't fit in Barca doesn't mean he's worse than Neymar or Suarez and difference in style makes player to player comparison unreasonable at best.

He's definitely worse than Suarez. Suarez can do everything Muller does, plus he can also contribute in other areas. Muller is a team player - he need good team around him to be effective. Neymar is carrying whole Brazil offense on his back. Muller would never be able to do it for Germany. So yes, I'd rather have Neymar than Muller on a team.

Like I said few days ago, Muller is similar to Luis Enrique. Good effective universal player, midfield/forward hybrid, scoring a lot of important goals, but unable to be "alpha player" on his team.

DrPepper

Nah, Müller might be the best player in world football at finding space. His intelligence and understanding of the game is his main asset, as his technique and physique isn't really that great. Doesn't need to be if he's always in the right position, though. Whether you prefer Neymar or him is just a matter of preference.

But prefering Robben ahead of Messi is just clear bias. No one outside Bayern or Holland would suggest that.

Crews

Nah, Müller might be the best player in world football at finding space. His intelligence and understanding of the game is his main asset, as his technique and physique isn't really that great. Doesn't need to be if he's always in the right position, though. Whether you prefer Neymar or him is just a matter of preference.

But prefering Robben ahead of Messi is just clear bias. No one outside Bayern or Holland would suggest that.

Therefore I said with extreme clarity that I do not take an official stand on the subject.

Home of Barca Fans