Thomas Muller

DrPepper

Therefore I said with extreme clarity that I do not take an official stand on the subject.

No, but you imply it anyway... Just by saying you don't want to talk about this matter, you actually say something about it. If you really prefered to not take any stand you would've said nothing.

Now you piqued my interest as of why you think Robben is better than Messi.

Observer

Banned
Like I said few days ago, Muller is similar to Luis Enrique. Good effective universal player, midfield/forward hybrid, scoring a lot of important goals, but unable to be "alpha player" on his team.

The fact that you think a team have to be stacked in alpha-players to be successful contradicts so many proven winning NT/Club teams as well as Pep's Barca.

You're just proving my point. The fact that he allegedly wouldn't fit in Barca doesn't mean he's worse than Neymar or Suarez and difference in style makes player to player comparison unreasonable at best.

EXACTLY, finally ffs. If a player does not fit a certain system, does not mean the player is bad.

If so how can you explain Ibra just to name one...

Crews

No, but you imply it anyway... Just by saying you don't want to talk about this matter, you actually say something about it. If you really prefered to not take any stand you would've said nothing.

Now you piqued my interest as of why you think Robben is better than Messi.

I never said that either one of these two players are better than each other. Denying that Messi is a god walking down on earth among us mere mortals on this forum is like printing fliers of Prophet Muhammad and spreading them around Mecca. If you got an IQ of over 80 you just don't do it. All in all there's really no upside for me so I respectfully refuse to answer, sir.

footyfan

Calma, calma
There's no upside for you because you don't believe Messi is better than Robben.

If I ask you, "Is 2+2 = 4?" and you answer "I respectfully decline to answer that", it very clearly implies that you don't believe it to be true.

So despite refusing to answer, your position on this topic is quite clear, simply because Messi is so much better than Robben that any answer beyond the obvious can only mean that you don't rate Messi above Robben.

Crews

The fact that you think a team have to be stacked in alpha-players to be successful contradicts so many proven winning NT/Club teams as well as Pep's Barca.

EXACTLY, finally ffs. If a player does not fit a certain system, does not mean the player is bad.

If so how can you explain Ibra just to name one...

This whole discussion reminds me of the good old "but can he do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke?". Off-topic for some parts but made me laugh when I remembered this criterion.😁

Alen

I never said that either one of these two players are better than each other. Denying that Messi is a god walking down on earth among us mere mortals on this forum is like printing fliers of Prophet Muhammad and spreading them around Mecca. If you got an IQ of over 80 you just don't do it. All in all there's really no upside for me so I respectfully refuse to answer, sir.

The world is such a big place. You remind me of few NT captains who vote for Rooney or Drogba for the Ballon d'Or.

Crews

There's no upside for you because you don't believe Messi is better than Robben.

If I ask you, "Is 2+2 = 4?" and you answer "I respectfully decline to answer that", it very clearly implies that you don't believe it to be true.

So despite refusing to answer, your position on this topic is quite clear, simply because Messi is so much better than Robben that any answer beyond the obvious can only mean that you don't rate Messi above Robben.

Like I have said earlier the only truth for me is that which can be measured and comparing two great players is therefore quite hard if not impossible. But when you come up with some universal meter that proves either one scientifically better than other, please PM me.

If I was to create my optimal XI of the last decace, it would be 4-2-3-1 and Messi would be the CAM and Robben the RW. Since both are extraordinary players.

As a reminder for everyone including myself, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. Therefore I try not to take any part in such cases in the future. Ps. Didn't insult anyone taking part on this thread.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's not hard, nothing compares to Messi, not Muller, not Robben, not anyone. You just got yourself in a pickle and don't know how to get out of it.

Though, at least you didn't say that Boateng is better to have for a team than Messi, I guess that's the line between fanatism and actualy insanity.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Crews pls stop this garbage.
Robben is not worthy to tie Leo's shoes. He's not even that good as you hype him to be. The fact that you narrow down your best 11 to only the last 10 years speaks volumes about the bald dutch.

Crews

The world is such a big place. You remind me of few NT captains who vote for Rooney or Drogba for the Ballon d'Or.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall. I rest my case here.

Home of Barca Fans