Thomas Muller

footyfan

Calma, calma
Like I have said earlier the only truth for me is that which can be measured and comparing two great players is therefore quite hard if not impossible. But when you come up with some universal meter that proves either one scientifically better than other, please PM me.

You can extend this same logic to state that it is hard to objectively compare Titus Bramble and Paolo Maldini. To an idiot, comparing Titus Bramble and Paolo Maldini is difficult. To you, comparing Robben and Messi is difficult. To me, comparing Maradona and Messi is difficult. We all just have different levels of sensitivity when comparing.

It's OK to have an opinion, I don't get why you have to be diplomatic about it here.

As a reminder for everyone including myself, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. Therefore I try not to take any part in such cases in the future. Ps. Didn't insult anyone taking part on this thread.

That is a pretty funny quote :lol:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Crews pls stop this garbage.
Robben is not worthy to tie Leo's shoes. He's not even that good as you hype him to be. The fact that you narrow down your best 11 to only the last 10 years speaks volumes about the bald dutch.

While I agree that Messi is ofc better than Robben, what you just wrote is still fairly ridiculous.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
While I agree that Messi is ofc better than Robben, what you just wrote is still fairly ridiculous.

Why?
Would you include robben in your all time best 11? I don't think anyone with half a brain would.
Messi would be in a ton of lists though.
Just check the CL all time best 11's that footballers announce, I don't think I've seen one yet with robben in it.

Crews

Virtually being burnt on a stake for having an opinion that differs from the consensus would make my future on this forum extremely difficult and therefore I try to avoid it. when it comes to saying anything negative about Messi there is no scenario where I will actually gain something, "6 ballons for Messi" just proved my point.

Alen

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to death your right to say it" -Evelyn Beatrice Hall. I rest my case here.

That is what i wrote basically. I'm absolutely fine with you thinking what you want but i still don't understand why you think that way. Hiding behind the "football is not an exact science" argument is the same as saying "he's better because i say so". Sure, that's what Evelyn wanted for you, but it's no argument.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Buffon’s Ideal XI: Casillas; Thuram, Cannavaro, Maldini, Roberto Carlos; Gattuso, Pirlo, Nedved; Baggio, Ronaldo, Messi

Zlatan's Ideal XI: Buffon, Maxwell, Cannavaro, Silva, Thuram, Iniesta, Viera, Xavi, Nedved, Messi, Zlatan

This is just an example from a 1min search, there are plenty of other top footballers making their favorite lists.

Crews, I respect trolling much much more than your passive aggressive bulls***.
Yes, you are implying that robben is up there with messi and you'll get what you deserve.

F

Flavia

Robben better than Messi? He's not even better than cr.
I'd bet robben himself would find this to be nonsense, if he was asked if he thinks he's as good or better than leo.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
And btw I loved robben and followed his career closely before you even knew he existed.

I discovered him and van de vaart in championship manager many years ago, when they were 16 and 18 years old.
So when I first heard their names in pro football I was excited, like a fake daddy, lol.

Devils

Lol he is entitled to his preference. I don't think he's said Robben is better than Messi, just that he prefers Robben to Messi.

There are people in this world who have preferences for different players, doesn't mean we need to make a mockery of them.

I for one am a huge Pedro fan. I would take Pedro any day over a player like Muller or Ribery. I can't really say or argue that Pedro is a better player than Muller or Ribery. But I like him more than those two.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Lol he is entitled to his preference. I don't think he's said Robben is better than Messi, just that he prefers Robben to Messi.

There are people in this world who have preferences for different players, doesn't mean we need to make a mockery of them.

I for one am a huge Pedro fan. I would take Pedro any day over a player like Muller or Ribery. I can't really say or argue that Pedro is a better player than Muller or Ribery. But I like him more than those two.

That's not what he said. He said that if there's an objective way to count football worth to show him.
That means he believes robben is better, not that he just likes him more.

Alen

You hit hardest of all :lol:

F

Flavia

this thread has become a worldwide symbol for the values of free speech.
No one is preventing him to say why he thinks robben is better, he already implied that from the beginning. But it works both ways too.

kadeng

And btw I loved robben and followed his career closely before you even knew he existed.

I discovered him and van de vaart in championship manager many years ago, when they were 16 and 18 years old.
So when I first heard their names in pro football I was excited, like a fake daddy, lol.

duude, you should demand commission from ajax and eindhoven

Home of Barca Fans