Toni Kroos

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Kroos went to Bayern when he was 16. He was at Hansa Rostock and they were the club who discovered the rough diamond. It is normal that he has not the same connection to the club as Schweinsteiger and Müller who are from Bavaria. In addition, his breakthrough was at Leverkusen with Heynckes, not in Munich.
This year, when he wanted the club to recognize his talent and give him the right place in the pecking order (in his opinion), Bayern did not want to give him as much money as Thiago and Götze who are younger and new signings.

And what is the problem with his quote? I agree that it is unnecessary and I would not have said that myself. But if he is asked how he feels about his new club, that is a legit answer.
This is not Mario Gomez to Fiorentina where it is clear that Bayern is the superior club and he can say that his new club is a step backwards.

He is a RM player now and RM fans will applaude or boo him every week, not Bayern fans.

lazybum4hire

First post!:wave: Odd thread choice for me since I'm indifferent to Kroos. lol

About his quote, i agree, it was very unnecessary. he can wax lyrical about RM without having to take a dig at his former club.

Btw, is this an Ancelotti transfer or a Perez one?

Galning

I'm glad we didn't pay €30M for a player with one year left on his contract because the Zubi "jokes" would be unbearable.

L

linetty

I'm glad we didn't pay €30M for a player with one year left on his contract because the Zubi "jokes" would be unbearable.
Exactly, yet some people claim RM did a piece of great business :lol:

But if it was Zubi closing that deal... Let's insult him just 4 fun.

Galning

They are now.

Nothing official yet though, let alone the transfer price. Always nice to see the "JUST GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT ANYONE IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON OUR DEFENCE" posts shift into "omg Zubi" after deals are made :p

footyfan

Calma, calma
Exactly, yet some people claim RM did a piece of great business :lol:

But if it was Zubi closing that deal... Let's insult him just 4 fun.

It IS a great bit of business money wise for a player like Kroos. Madrid grabbed the opportunity to sign one of the top players in the world for a pittance, when compared to how much top players in his position are going for.

Forget the fact that it was the last year of his contract and think of it this way, do you think 30 mil for a player like Kroos is good value or not?

Djab

Nothing official yet though, let alone the transfer price. Always nice to see the "JUST GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT ANYONE IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON OUR DEFENCE" posts shift into "omg Zubi" after deals are made :p

Yeah. As someone was saying couple of weeks ago we should have bought Cole. He is an improvement over Alba. :facepalm:

Zubi is not that smart but he obviously can sign great players with good price. Rakitic is an example.

Off topic though.

DB10

Nothing wrong with a few parting shots, its obvious he wasn't rated that high by the Bayern hierarchy. If he was a good old boy from Bavaria like the rest they would have paid him the $$$. I'd bet.

Chels96

Is Barca really in the position to criticize Kroos' parting shots? Sure, let's just ignore what the club's site said about Fabregas after he left lol.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Is Barca really in the position to criticize Kroos' parting shots? Sure, let's just ignore what the club's site said about Fabregas after he left lol.

BARCA did not criticize Kroos. WE are criticizing Kroos for burning bridges with Bayern, the club that gave him everything. And unlike the club, WE did not trash Fabregas after he left for Chelsea. Thus WE are in a position to criticize Kroos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
'I didn't want you here, Flo did. You're gonna warm the bench and play rock-paper-scissors with Isco. Capiche?'

BswJYBECAAAzXCQ.jpg:large

Babylonian

It IS a great bit of business money wise for a player like Kroos. Madrid grabbed the opportunity to sign one of the top players in the world for a pittance, when compared to how much top players in his position are going for.

Forget the fact that it was the last year of his contract and think of it this way, do you think 30 mil for a player like Kroos is good value or not?
For buying out a one season contract? Fack no! Imagine he had 3.. What 90 mil? yeah great bizzy indeed..

Home of Barca Fans