Toni Kroos

R

Ryu Hayabusa

That is a completely reasonable answer to my reply. Semantically 100% coherent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can count Chelsea and PSG in with Neymar as well if you're counting interest and not only formal offers.

There was a LOT of concrete interest in Neymar, but many clubs dropped it after it became clear that he'd sign with us. Real of course tried to hijack it in desperation in the end, but failed.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You can count Chelsea and PSG in with Neymar as well if you're counting interest and not only formal offers.

Alright, since we cannot really know who made formal offers, we would have to include those clubs as well. I agree.

The guy just made it sound like basically nobody was interested in signing Kroos, while every single big club was after Neymar, which is pure rubbish.

barcaboy15

What rubbish being spouted about Kroos being a great deal at €30m and €57m too much for Neymar. :lol:

I'd say €30m is about right for Kroos so considering his contract situation, it's not a great deal by any means. I don't think any team would have offered more?

Neymar on the other hand was pretty much the most sought after player (that any of the big clubs could realistically get) - huge potential, huge marketing etc. A number of teams would have loved to get him for much more than €60m! Cavani went for €60m+, Bale €100m in the same transfer window.

The only thing that make people say it was expensive is the fact that it's been misconstrued in the media as €100m+ and because €40m went to Neymar's father. Obviously that's a bit unusual but just how it works when the player has only a short time left on his contract - Santos didn't have much room to negotiate but there were still a number of teams willing to pay that much and more (what difference does it make to them whether Santos get it or Neymar and his family).

I remember a lot of similar things with Lewandowski & Madrid, no? There were rumours that they were offering him huge amounts of money to move to them rather than Bayern. Obviously there was no transfer fee but he was still easily worth that amount so if he had accepted their offer, he'd have got a huge 'signing on fee'. It just displaces the transfer fee really.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
How the fuck is Thiago a traitor? For wanting better treatment and more playing time, which he had every right to want?

As I said, Barca fans calling him a traitor is simply disgusting.

Thiago got plenty of time considering his age, he even played a league clasico in the Bernabeu. He showed he wasn't ready yet so the others played ahead of him. He thinks highly off himself and did a glory hunter move by going to Bayern.

Galning

What rubbish being spouted about Kroos being a great deal at €30m and €57m too much for Neymar. :lol:

I'd say €30m is about right for Kroos so considering his contract situation, it's not a great deal by any means. I don't think any team would have offered more?

Neymar on the other hand was pretty much the most sought after player (that any of the big clubs could realistically get) - huge potential, huge marketing etc. A number of teams would have loved to get him for much more than €60m! Cavani went for €60m+, Bale €100m in the same transfer window.

The only thing that make people say it was expensive is the fact that it's been misconstrued in the media as €100m+ and because €40m went to Neymar's father. Obviously that's a bit unusual but just how it works when the player has only a short time left on his contract - Santos didn't have much room to negotiate but there were still a number of teams willing to pay that much and more (what difference does it make to them whether Santos get it or Neymar and his family).

I remember a lot of similar things with Lewandowski & Madrid, no? There were rumours that they were offering him huge amounts of money to move to them rather than Bayern. Obviously there was no transfer fee but he was still easily worth that amount so if he had accepted their offer, he'd have got a huge 'signing on fee'. It just displaces the transfer fee really.

Word.

There was a LOT of concrete interest in Neymar, but many clubs dropped it after it became clear that he'd sign with us. Real of course tried to hijack it in desperation in the end, but failed.

City too.

Ursegor

World Champion
€ 30M for a player with 1 year on his contract is expensive but Real won't care if he cost € 20M or € 30M. lol What matters is that he's tremendously overrated.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Jup, you said it. Pep wanted Neymar. Bayern didn't.

If we believe everything Hoeneß says, we might as well believe paper gossip. And it's been widely reported that Neymar was one of three targets, alongside Götze and allegedly Draxler. They preferred Götze because they prefer German talent and Draxler obviously doesn't compare; doesn't mean that they weren't interested in Neymar at all.

I

instinct

IIRC Bayern didn't want Neymar because they made bad experiences with Brazilians. Breno didn't work out well. :lol: They didn't want to risk that Neymar wouldn't be able to adapt to the climate, to the culture etc. and that's why they signed Götze instead. Could be bullshit but at least that's what Hoeneß (or Rummenigge, idk) said.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

If we believe everything Hoeneß says, we might as well believe paper gossip. And it's been widely reported that Neymar was one of three targets, alongside Götze and allegedly Draxler. They preferred Götze because they prefer German talent and Draxler obviously doesn't compare; doesn't mean that they weren't interested in Neymar at all.

In that case, we should define the phrase "is interested" first, before we have a similar discussion again, I think.

Some guy in a board meeting: "Hey, how about that one kid from Brazil, what's his face again?"
Some other guy in the same meeting: "Neymar?"
Guy A: "Ja, that one."
Guy C: "Oh hellsno, don't want any more arsonists from Brazil."

--> The club "is interested"?

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

IIRC Bayern didn't want Neymar because they made bad experiences with Brazilians. Breno didn't work out well. :lol: They didn't want to risk that Neymar wouldn't be able to adapt to the climate, to the culture etc. and that's why they signed Götze instead. Could be bullshit but at least that's what Hoeneß (or Rummenigge, idk) said.

Given that Bayern stopped scouting in South America all together makes it VERY likely Hoeneß was not bullshitting the public.

Home of Barca Fans