Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

The new rumor is strange. Neymar and a CF? Better keep Villa.
Gk and cb would be really cheap ones if this were true.

Stric

This upcoming transfer window might just mark the end of an era. As sad as it seems, I honestly believe so. Neymar is completely unnecessary and is more of a political transfer than anything else. We have more than enough players to choose from for the left wing, and I'd rather have either of Villa, Tello and Pedro there than Neymar. If Neymar is brought primarily to play on the right, then I'm somewhat less disappointed, but that's highly unlikely. A center forward? What for? Nonsense. And amongst all of this, it seems the club will pay the smallest amount of attention to two BURNING issues, a CB and a GK. I can already see the disaster of signing a cheap mediocre CB and GK, and wasting incredible amounts of money on star forwards we don't need.

JamDav1982

This upcoming transfer window might just mark the end of an era. As sad as it seems, I honestly believe so. Neymar is completely unnecessary and is more of a political transfer than anything else. We have more than enough players to choose from for the left wing, and I'd rather have either of Villa, Tello and Pedro there than Neymar. If Neymar is brought primarily to play on the right, then I'm somewhat less disappointed, but that's highly unlikely. A center forward? What for? Nonsense. And amongst all of this, it seems the club will pay the smallest amount of attention to two BURNING issues, a CB and a GK. I can already see the disaster of signing a cheap mediocre CB and GK, and wasting incredible amounts of money on forwards we don't need.

Neymar isnt unnecessary at all, the team have an over reliance on Messi and need more players that can score, dribble, pass and create. None of the wide players at the club have all that at the moment.

Add to that he can play 3/4 positions which the wide players at the club at the moment can pretty much only play one, maybe two at a push.

People speak as if Barcelona have a group of world class wide players which is not the case at all. It is far and away the weakest area of the team and lacks behind most of Barcelona's european rivals.

Neymar will improve the team if he signs. No doubts about it.

Indignado

This upcoming transfer window might just mark the end of an era. As sad as it seems, I honestly believe so. Neymar is completely unnecessary and is more of a political transfer than anything else. We have more than enough players to choose from for the left wing, and I'd rather have either of Villa, Tello and Pedro there than Neymar. If Neymar is brought primarily to play on the right, then I'm somewhat less disappointed, but that's highly unlikely. A center forward? What for? Nonsense. And amongst all of this, it seems the club will pay the smallest amount of attention to two BURNING issues, a CB and a GK. I can already see the disaster of signing a cheap mediocre CB and GK, and wasting incredible amounts of money on star forwards we don't need.

I do think a centre forward would be senseless but Neymar is not completely unnecessary. It's true we have big talents up front but Neymar would bring more quality and if he fulfils the expectations, he will be one of the best players in the world. If we sell Alexis, and Villa, our transfer budget will be big enough to buy Neymar, a quality CB and a quality GK.

Stric

If Villa stays, he's unnecessary. If both Villa and Sanchez leave, then it makes much more sense. I do count on Villa staying, so with both him and Tello (and Pedro, for that matter), I don't see room (or a need) for Neymar. Unless, as I've said, he'd play on the right. Which is both unlikely and pointless, again. What we need is a wide forward who's left footed and primarily plays on the right.

Our defense is by far the weakest part of the squad, and that's what the club needs to focus on the most. I'd rather see them pay a billion for someone like Thiago Silva than 45 million for Neymar. And it's not a problem of money alone. As you say, if we sell some of our players, there will be enough for a good CB, a good GK, and Neymar. Money's not the problem, our adminstration is. They're so crazy about Neymar that I have no problem believing they'll actually buy a mediocre defender and a GK.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Neymar would be a good addition, but his fee worries me because then the cb and gk could be cheap ones. This cf nonsense makes it even worse, I'm hopeful it's bs.
In a dream, Neymar would come and the management would still get a good cb and gk. But that's just too good to be true.

JamDav1982

Neymar would be a good addition, but his fee worries me because then the cb and gk could be cheap ones. This cf nonsense makes it even worse, I'm hopeful it's bs.
In a dream, Neymar would come and the management would still get a good cb and gk. But that's just too good to be true.

If the club sign Guita or a poor goalkeeper that is not Neymars fault that is just another poor signing. Already people seem to be laying the blame of possible poor signings at the feet of Neymar which is not his fault.

Some sales should make it possible. I do hope management get a good CB and GK BEFORE trying to get Neymar or another forward though...

Stric

Exactly. I'd have no problem with Neymar's arrival as long as it didn't take away from what is most needed.

And obviously, it's not Neymar's fault. It's not only Rosell's, either. I don't like the guy either, but I can't understand why so many people are blaming him alone. You'd think that besides him and Zubi, Tito has a say in these things, too...?!?

Indignado

I like Mascherano's attitude and love for Barcelona but if a quality CB arrives, we should consider selling him. He will be useless, especially if Bartra continues to improve, and we would get a lot of money for him.

F

Flavia

If the club sign Guita or a poor goalkeeper that is not Neymars fault that is just another poor signing. Already people seem to be laying the blame of possible poor signings at the feet of Neymar which is not his fault.
It's not his fault as he is not putting a gun to Tito's head to be signed. But don't fool yourself. Neymar's fee can interfere with the other signings, just because there won't be enough money.

Stric

I like Mascherano's attitude and love for Barcelona but if a quality CB arrives, we should consider selling him. He will be useless, especially if Bartra continues to improve, and we would get a lot of money for him.

This is very true. With Busquets and Song holding the DM position, and Pique / Bartra / the new CB / Puyol in defense, I don't see much for Mascherano to do. I'd love to see him stay, but it wouldn't make much sense. I don't they'll even consider selling him, though.

This is very true. With Busquets and Song holding the DM position, and Pique / Bartra / the new CB / Puyol in defense, I don't see much for Mascherano to do. I'd love to see him stay, but it wouldn't make much sense. I don't they'll even consider selling him, though.

Actually, I think it could make sense considering Puyol's injury-proneness. I do think 5 CBs is a bit excessive though. And it will mean that Bartra gets less playing time...

Last edited:

Stric

Actually, I think it could make sense considering Puyol's injury-proneness. I do think 5 CBs is a bit excessive though. And it will mean that Bartra gets less playing time...

Either way, someone gets less minutes. Mascherano was never really a CB, though, so I think it'd make more sense to give whatever minutes there are to Bartra and help him develop. He's no star CB (yet?), but he's too good (and the wrong age) to be the 5th choice, IMHO. Either way, both Mascherano and Bartra (and Puyol, too) aren't appropriate to be given so few minutes.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Tito Zubi are supposed to be football experts. But their priorities are so wrong you wonder whats wrong with them. Are they so blinded by Neylove that they cant see that our defence is the weakest part of our squad and has already cost (copa, supercopa) and will continue to cost us trophies.
And lets be practical. Even if we sell some players it wont be enough to pay 40m for Neymar, 30m for a world class CB and 15-20m for a world class GK. We may need another CB for depth if loverboy Pique cant get Shakira out of his brain. (15m for that). Not to mention arrival of NeyGOAT will drive away talented youngsters like Tello.

Home of Barca Fans