Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Stric

Tito Zubi are supposed to be football experts. But their priorities are so wrong you wonder whats wrong with them. Are they so blinded by Neylove that they cant see that our defence is the weakest part of our squad and has already cost (copa, supercopa) and will continue to cost us trophies.
And lets be practical. Even if we sell some players it wont be enough to pay 40m for Neymar, 30m for a world class CB and 15-20m for a world class GK. We may need another CB for depth if loverboy Pique cant get Shakira out of his brain. (15m for that). Not to mention arrival of NeyGOAT will drive away talented youngsters like Tello.

Truth so pure. Every word of it (except the Shakira part, I don't approve of the hate :lol: :p )

JamDav1982

Tito Zubi are supposed to be football experts. But their priorities are so wrong you wonder whats wrong with them. Are they so blinded by Neylove that they cant see that our defence is the weakest part of our squad and has already cost (copa, supercopa) and will continue to cost us trophies.
And lets be practical. Even if we sell some players it wont be enough to pay 40m for Neymar, 30m for a world class CB and 15-20m for a world class GK. We may need another CB for depth if loverboy Pique cant get Shakira out of his brain. (15m for that). Not to mention arrival of NeyGOAT will drive away talented youngsters like Tello.

Assuming Valdes leaves for around 10m that leaves 5-10m for a new goal keeper.

If 10m of Neymar already paid that leaves 30m to pay.

Then 30m for a world class center back.

That leaves around 70m. The club has already said have 50m to spend before player sales.

Leaving 20m to be found, which will not be hard if the likes of Song, Affelay and Sanchez are to leave. It should be fairly straightforward to find the cash for the signings needed.

P

PhilS

Rooney is one of the very, very few attackers who could step right into the Barca starting lineup. Another is David Silva. This is a high-skill, high workrate team, most of the very best players in the world are just not qualified. Anyone coming from South America will take some time to get fit enough.

Rooney would be maybe the best conceivable candidate to replace Messi, Iniesta or Cesc. But they are not leaving, so Rooney is not coming.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
This will not be popular, but I hope Rooney will keep his fake hair far away from Barcelona and be that overrated player he is at another club.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Rooney is one of the very, very few attackers who could step right into the Barca starting lineup. Another is David Silva.

Fab. is better than Silva in every way and he doesn't start, why would Silva? And where would we play Rooney?

D

Don_Andrés

Rooney does like dressing his kid up in the Barcelona kit though! as does Beckham!

F

Flavia

Assuming Valdes leaves for around 10m that leaves 5-10m for a new goal keeper.

If 10m of Neymar already paid that leaves 30m to pay.

Then 30m for a world class center back.

That leaves around 70m. The club has already said have 50m to spend before player sales.

Leaving 20m to be found, which will not be hard if the likes of Song, Affelay and Sanchez are to leave. It should be fairly straightforward to find the cash for the signings needed.

On a perfect world, surely. Don't forget Ibra was sold for only 24m, though. And in instalments, I'm not even sure if milan has already paid it all. And juventus apparently will offer 5m for Alexis on loan, with the option to buy for 20m later. afellay, fontas and bojan won't amount to 6m together, either.

LeoMessi10

I really agree with you, but you have to think about this logically as I have. Honestly do we think they don't realize how spotty our defense has been this entire season? I mean I for one will say every counter attack against a decent opponent my heart drops because all it takes is 1 shot against us to score it seems. I think theyre really sold on Neymar and all but I do think they realize that after the mistake they made last summer with the CB that theres now way they don't make an investment in one this summer also considering the age of puyol and his constant injuries. Thinking he can push on and we can wait another year is just what we did last year and although we're getting results our defense is obviously our weak link. With all that being said I think rumors are rumors and people love to say stupid shit like this to sell papers so I say we wait until the transfer window to start saying they've lost their minds because I'm fairly sure they're getting a lot of heat about our lack of defensive depth.

Boris

Oh, man ... I already have a feeling like summer transfer window is open... too much stories in my head right now :banghead:

If we start now with a list of players who are linked with Barca, I think it could count up to 50 players, even before summer starts.

Muttu

Out:
Valdés
Alexis
Villa
Afellay
Bojan
Fontàs
Cuenca (loan)
Dos Santos (loan)

In:
Ter Stegen
Neymar
Hummels
Iñigo Martínez

If they cannot make Valdés sign a renewal we would be better off selling him in the summer and possible get around 10-12 mil.
Im also quite positive that Alexis is history in the blaugrana shirt this summer, 20-25 mil.
Im not so sure about Villa. Personally, i'd like him to stay but if the right offer comes i think we're gonna sell, 15-20 mil.

I really hope Zubi, Tito and Rosell have the priorities in right order. IF Valdés leaves we have to get a top quality keeper, preferably young, Ter Stegen fits the bill it seems. I really dont hope we settle for a cheaper spanish GK (Guita, Reina) :(
We need atleast one top drawer CB this summer, heavy links with Hummels which hopefully could turn out to be a quite succesful signing.
For me, Iñigo Martínez is a must buy. Really impressed with this guy, and really the type of defender we need. Im not so sure who we should get rid of to make space for him tho. I wanna keep Bartra. Abidals contract expires this summer and hopefully the club is gonna offer him some sort of spot in the coaching department. There could be a spot for him if Mascherano is sold, not so sure how likely that is tho. Iñigo Martínez, Piqué, Hummels, Puyol and Bartra.

It seems inevitable. Neymar is most likely coming this summer, it seems. I really hope Rosell and co realizes he should be bottom on the priority list. Im quite confident Neymar could be a success, but he really shouldn't be a reason not to sign a top quality GK and sorting out the defense.

Iñigo Martínez ~ 12m.
Hummels/Kompany/Thiago Silva ~ 35m.
Ter Stegen/Courtois/De Gea ~ 25m.
Neymar*/Suarez/Agüero ~ 30m. (*We already paid 10m, if the predeal rumour is anything to go by)

= 102m.

Villa ~ 15m.
Alexis ~ 25m.
Valdés ~ 12m.
Mascherano ~ 18m.
Bojan, Fontàs, Afellay etc ~ 15m.

= 85m. + 50m. = 135m.

If my calculations are not too far off, it should be somewhat possible, to get enough money for a top CB and top GK atleast.

Most important transfer window in a long time coming up.
:tito1::zubi::rosell: make the right choices!

:stv161:

Daisymorr

If Villa stays, he's unnecessary. If both Villa and Sanchez leave, then it makes much more sense. I do count on Villa staying, so with both him and Tello (and Pedro, for that matter), I don't see room (or a need) for Neymar. Unless, as I've said, he'd play on the right. Which is both unlikely and pointless, again. What we need is a wide forward who's left footed and primarily plays on the right.

Our defense is by far the weakest part of the squad, and that's what the club needs to focus on the most. I'd rather see them pay a billion for someone like Thiago Silva than 45 million for Neymar. And it's not a problem of money alone. As you say, if we sell some of our players, there will be enough for a good CB, a good GK, and Neymar. Money's not the problem, our adminstration is. They're so crazy about Neymar that I have no problem believing they'll actually buy a mediocre defender and a GK.

Couldn't agree more!! Silva or Hummels is far more important than neymar this summer. CB for barca is embarrassing at times this season. As good as pique is, he looks lost sometimes when Puyol isn't beside him.. Neymar is luxury signing, silva or Hummels is necessary signing... Plus tello is turning into an outstanding player and links very well with messi.

Home of Barca Fans