Transfers and Rumours - old thread

ss81bja

Most of the money should go to buying a CB. To be fair to Barca, the first choice CBs we wanted were either tied to clubs or just out of price range. Hence we continued with the Mascherano experiment and bought Song as the backup DM . It doesn't make sense wasting any money on a second rate CB.If we do buy a CB we may have to choose between Song and Mascherano to keep at the club and that is a dilemna. Any money left over should then buy a proper GK. The CB and GK are long term positions and we need to spend and invest wisely.
if Neymar comes next season, then selling Sanchez is a no brainer. If Villa goes also then i prefer someone like Lewandowski who while not a "Barca" type player has a good goal scoring sense. I would bring in Luis Suarez or even Rooney only if Neymar does not come because the role of these 3 players is to run at defenses, keep defensive pressure off Messi and get at least 15 - 20 goals minimum a season.

JonM

I hate that period of the year when EMD and Sport go in full football manager mode and start linking us to every flavor-of-the-month players, acting like they know what's going on when they actually have no idea.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barcelona want the new centre back they'll buy this year to be left footed, young but nonetheless experience at top level, and fast. [sport]

Inigo Martinez is left footed :pep:

Boris

It's probably Inigo... Should be kind of an Alba deal I guess. As long as he's a CB, I'm fine with that.
So, ~10-14 mils gone on that. Neymar ~ 40-50 mils. Goalkeeper? probably we wont pay more than 15 for that one. :)

khaled_a_d

It's probably Inigo... Should be kind of an Alba deal I guess. As long as he's a CB, I'm fine with that.
So, ~10-14 mils gone on that. Neymar ~ 40-50 mils. Goalkeeper? probably we wont pay more than 15 for that one. :)

15 is a lot of money for a GK ,people sometimes forget that GK & defender prices are way lower than midfield players and forwards ,wans't Neuer sold for 18M? I think 15 would be enough to get Ter Stegan

loozy

Just to get things into perspective regarding terStegen:

Current ranking of goalkeepers according to German magazine Kicker who does the most objective ratings:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ga/2012-13/topspieler-der-saison-torwart.html

1 Trapp, Kevin
Eintracht Frankfurt
Torwart 26 26 2,40

2 Adler, René
Hamburger SV
28 28 2,68

3 Benaglio, Diego
VfL Wolfsburg
29 29 2,83

4 Weidenfeller, Roman
Borussia Dortmund
27 27 2,83

5 Giefer, Fabian
Fortuna Düsseldorf
29 29 2,84

6 Baumann, Oliver
SC Freiburg
29 29 2,91

7 Neuer, Manuel
Bayern München
27 27 2,93

8 Hildebrand, Timo
FC Schalke 04
16 16 2,94

9 Schäfer, Raphael
1. FC Nürnberg
26 26 2,94

10 Leno, Bernd
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
27 27 2,94

11 Ulreich, Sven
VfB Stuttgart
29 29 3,00

12 ter Stegen, Marc-André
Borussia M'gladbach
29 29 3,02

13 Zieler, Ron-Robert
Hannover 96
29 29 3,10

14 Mielitz, Sebastian
Werder Bremen
29 29 3,14

15 Wetklo, Christian
1. FSV Mainz 05
27 27 3,31

16 Amsif, Mohamed
FC Augsburg
Torwart 17 17 3,35

Grün, Max
SpVgg Greuther Fürth
17 17 3,35

My point of posting this? Well, there are better goalies than him, seriously. One good season does not make a good keeper and he has proven to flounder when playing at a high level (EL-games are proof of that).

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

15 is a lot of money for a GK ,people sometimes forget that GK & defender prices are way lower than midfield players and forwards ,wans't Neuer sold for 18M? I think 15 would be enough to get Ter Stegan

Marc-André ter Stegen - 15m
Iñigo Martínez - 10-15m
Neymar - 40-50m

I'd be pretty happy with that Summer business except I'd prefer Marquinhos instead of Martínez and obviously I'd want Kompany instead of either of them but you know...

AvocadoCake

Neuer was on the last year of his contract, he would have been much more otherwise, 25M easy.

Daisymorr

dc - martinez
gk - adler
fw - neymar(i would prefer aguero or suarez)

Suarez has so much fight in him, he would be agreat signing but the likes of city and Chelsea would bump his price up. I think Liverpool wouldn't sell for less than 45mil..

Home of Barca Fans