Transfers and Rumours - old thread

dostoevskij

if we can't get Hummels or Kompany, im fine with Inigo martinez. he could partner up with Pique, Masche and Bartra also in the pool. and lets not forget we still have :puyol: for the important games!!!

dostoevskij

I'm not sure what level bartra is, if he is ready. Possibly song in cb (played there for arsenal occasionally and has a bit of speed) or busi in cb and song in dmc.

seriously, speed? have you seen him this season as CB???

No song for CB, its just not his position!!!

Daisymorr

seriously, speed? have you seen him this season as CB???

No song for CB, its just not his position!!!

Obviously I meant relative speed!!decent speed for a defender. Bartra has so little first team time that it's difficult to see how he will cope. Prediction score in first leg???

lovebarca

guys i have one question actually
today's spanish newspaper "sport" suggested "oberbooking in barca dressing room" and they are saying there are more than 36 players in barcelona squad (if that's what i understand).I mean how?how do we have 36 players...
Actually they didn't give full detail in online edition but they said it's in digital edition or in newspaper(actual-hardcover).
if anybody in spain they can tell us what is "sport" is saying with this 36 players?I mean i didnt know we have that much long squad?-----Actually they said barcelona not "barcelona & barcelona B " so i think our youth are not counted...

and if anybody know please tell me how to access "sport" full paper in english I really want to read full news about barcelona.I mean any websites which prints all pages of sport in online.

I know this is not right section but I wanted positive reply on this so posted here.

F

Flavia

‏@barcastuff 43 min
Arsenal will listen to offers for Thomas Vermaelen, with Barcelona reportedly interested, but the centre back doesn't want to leave. [mail]
:smiley_scared:

‏@barcastuff 7 h
Bartomeu (vice president): "We prefer Valdes to stay until contract expires than to sell now. If he stays, we won't sign another keeper now"

I think this is actually the best option now. If neymar is coming, better spend the rest of the money on a wc cb, and save for a great gk next summer.

today's spanish newspaper "sport" suggested "oberbooking in barca dressing room" and they are saying there are more than 36 players in barcelona squad (if that's what i understand).I mean how?how do we have 36 players...
Actually they didn't give full detail in online edition but they said it's in digital edition or in newspaper(actual-hardcover).
if anybody in spain they can tell us what is "sport" is saying with this 36 players?I mean i didnt know we have that much long squad?-----Actually they said barcelona not "barcelona & barcelona B " so i think our youth are not counted...

and if anybody know please tell me how to access "sport" full paper in english I really want to read full news about barcelona.I mean any websites which prints all pages of sport in online.

I know this is not right section but I wanted positive reply on this so posted here.

Tito wants only 22 players on the squad and on July 1st there will be too many players (14 more)

2prryas.jpg

This is about players coming back from loan, being promoted and the current roster. And possible signings.

Yannick03

Arsenal will listen to offers for Thomas Vermaelen, with Barcelona reportedly interested, but the centre back doesn't want to leave. [mail]

IF he can find his form back from 2 seasons ago, he would be a massive signing, pretty fast, solid and an great attitude. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. I would like to see someone else (Kompany, Vertonghen :p).

Galning

Sport are retired.
I just checked out the cover and people who are leaving such as Oier (and who has always been a full member of the B team), and people who we haven't even signed yet such as Neymar are on there :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

1. You won't be able to read the newspaper in English as it's in Spanish. The best way would be to use google translate on the Spanish version.
Current squad (23):
Victor Valdes (might leave), Pinto, Dani Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Puyol, Alba, Adriano, Abidal (might retire), Bartra (might leave), Montoya.
Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Song, Cesc, Thiago, JDS (will most likely leave).
Messi, Pedro, Villa, Alexis, Tello.

On loan (5):
Bojan (Roma/Milan), Cuenca (Ajax), Afellay (Schalke), Muniesa (Barca B), Fontás (Mallorca).

Will be promoted (4):
Oier, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Deulofeu (probably).

+Signings (2-4).
By my count that's a total of 34-36 players, although many would have to leave either permanently or on loan.

Edit: Forgot about Fontás :lol:

Last edited:

lovebarca

thank you guys with for your quick responses...
I got it how sport reached at "36" number from your efforts
Actually I checked with myself from net that we have 22-23 players in squad and around 5 plaers on loan but still couldn't figure out how another players counted at that time....
And for my earlier request I mean I am okay even if i got "sport" full news in spanish ,I mean I can convert it through google,(although if its paper scanned copy than it will not help).
But I will appreciate very much if any body can suggest site where full sport news can be read
thanks again

lovebarca

Marca has an english version of the site, but most news about la liga clubs are in Spanish
that's what actually i am saying.i can translate spanish to english (though quality of translation are not good)
but still it is not having full articles sometimes.(I mean they say apply for subscription or something)
So that i have requested to our barcaforum member's if they know any website that published all our article than please share it here.
Like if anybody visited "totalbarca.com" which prints articles from "sport" or other good paper for Barcelona club in english.But they publish only selected articles not all.
SO if anyway to read full articles of "sport" paper....

F

Flavia

that's what actually i am saying.i can translate spanish to english (though quality of translation are not good)
but still it is not having full articles sometimes.(I mean they say apply for subscription or something)
So that i have requested to our barcaforum member's if they know any website that published all our article than please share it here.
Like if anybody visited "totalbarca.com" which prints articles from "sport" or other good paper for Barcelona club in english.But they publish only selected articles not all.
SO if anyway to read full articles of "sport" paper....
The only way is to buy the paper, or get the subscription for the online pdf version. But I wouldn't be too worried, everything important is published on a lot of sites.

lovebarca

The only way is to buy the paper, or get the subscription for the online pdf version. But I wouldn't be too worried, everything important is published on a lot of sites.
can you mentions those some of the sites which prints barcelona article....

Cule4life

The Culest
The side effects of Neymar obsession of Rosell are already manifesting themselves. Now they say we wont sign a world class GK in order to pay for Neymar. And in 2014 clubs will jack up prices sky high as they know Valdes is leaving and we will have no bargaining power. And to say some people were saying that we would have enough money to pay 40m for Neymar 35m for a CB and 20m for a GK. :shakeshead:
Is this club run like a business now where we see short term benefits over long term?

Home of Barca Fans