Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I would love for the club to buy 2 CBs in Marquinhos and Inigo Martinez. Sell Song, move Mascherano back to the midfield.

khaled_a_d

The reliable source is Sportbild. Reliability is a bit of a myth with them ;)
Dude ,that was a clear quote by him ,not some sort of stupid report ,it is 100% true ,what are arguing at?

Mascherano will never play in the midfield for us again
He will ,specially if we sell Song , but not much as we rarely rest Busquets anyway

I don't if it's Marca that makes me wanna :banghead: for coming up with crap like this,
or if the club would actually consider selling Bartra :banghead:

I think they mean loan offers

loozy

Dude ,that was a clear quote by him ,not some sort of stupid report ,it is 100% true ,what are arguing at?

Bild likes to make up quotes ;) Just saying, dude. Did you hear him say it? :wave:
If he had really said that, there would've been a huge uproar in the media for his inconsiderate behaviour to even think of a transfer right after such a match against Malaga. One can of course question the Bild-reporter for asking him in that moment...

Not sure of that quote, tbh, or if it was taken out of context or written down incorrectly. Like I said, Bild likes to bend the truth so that it suits them.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I would love for the club to buy 2 CBs in Marquinhos and Inigo Martinez. Sell Song, move Mascherano back to the midfield.

Sign two rookies? :facepalm: We need a world class CB to challenge for the CL. Mascherano is older and hasn't played as DM in God knows how long whereas Song is getting decent minutes under his belt

Gorazd

@barcastuff
Valdes will stay at Barcelona until his contract expires in 2014. Barcelona are not planning to accept any of the offers they could get

kozza

Groningen ceo Nijland has announced on Twitter that a Barcelona scout will attend the Dutch league game against ADO tomorrow. [@jdnijland]
Any one knows that team ? Which player would be Barça-compatible there ?

TheStig

OK, if we need to cut our squad to 22-23 I think the players out will be:

Fontas (for free)
Abidal (for free)
Bojan (for around 3-5 mio €)
JDS (for 1-2 mio €)
Cuenca (a loan or a sell with a buy-back clause)
Muniesa (a loan or a sell with a buy-back clause)
S. Roberto (a loan or a sell with a buy-back clause)
Valdes (for 10 mio €)
Alexis (I predict he is now worth around 20 mio €)
Villa (I would leave him in the squad if he'd be okay with having a kind of "Larsson role", but probably we will sell him for around 15 mio €)

+ I hope the club can keep Deulofeu and Rafinha for another year in Barca B.

With these sells we would get around 40 mio € and if we add around 50 mio € we have every year for transfers, we probably have 2 options:

1. option:
Neymar (for 40 mio€)
Hummels/Kompany (35 mio €)
Guaita (10 mio €)

2. option:
Neymar (40 mio €)
Inigo Martinez (15-20 mio €)
De Gea (20-25 mio €)

Boris

Groningen ceo Nijland has announced on Twitter that a Barcelona scout will attend the Dutch league game against ADO tomorrow. [@jdnijland]
Any one knows that team ? Which player would be Barça-compatible there ?

Well, Groningen is full of young players, but I don't know who'd we be interested in. Maybe the defender Virgil van Dijk.. But it's unlikely, cause he is 193cm tall. :rolleyes:

mixer

Laudrup (coach Cwansea): "Vorm-Barça? Michel is a great goalkeeper. Very good with his feet, very fast. He can play at many teams." [cope]

P

PhilS

Masch bashing is very popular on this forum, which is strange for a player the team loves, who is one of the team leaders in minutes played every year.

The truth is that Masch stopped playing DM for this team only when he became the full time CB. No one from Barca ever said he can't play DM for this team. He is superb at DM for the team that is leading the South American World Cup qualifying. That continent has a bona fide WC qualification tournament, it's not like Europe.

Of course Barca will bring in a CB this coming summer, just like of course they had to add one the last couple summers. But no matter what CB comes in or does not come in, Masch may well continue to play most of the games at CB. He recovers the ball, his dribbling is good and his passing is extremely good. Those are Barca CB skills. What Barca really needs at CB is more speed for the fastest attacks like PSG or RM. Adriano type of speed.

The team was clearly completely wrong about Song being able to play Barca CB. Song has been fantastic at DM, I'm sure the team would be quite happy to go forward with either Song backing up Busquets, or moving Masch back into that roll if he they get someone who could start in front of him at CB.

Kerrybai

With regards to paying 40 for Neymar plus 30 for a CB, I heard reports last year that 40 million had already been set aside for Neymar. If this is true then Neymars purchase won't affect this summers transfer funds.

Last edited:

kozza

Well, Groningen is full of young players, but I don't know who'd we be interested in. Maybe the defender Virgil van Dijk.. But it's unlikely, cause he is 193cm tall. :rolleyes:
Thanks
If this rumor is true, it will be for sure a recruitment for Barça B

Irish_Cules

Masch bashing is very popular on this forum, which is strange for a player the team loves, who is one of the team leaders in minutes played every year.

The truth is that Masch stopped playing DM for this team only when he became the full time CB. No one from Barca ever said he can't play DM for this team. He is superb at DM for the team that is leading the South American World Cup qualifying. That continent has a bona fide WC qualification tournament, it's not like Europe.

Of course Barca will bring in a CB this coming summer, just like of course they had to add one the last couple summers. But no matter what CB comes in or does not come in, Masch may well continue to play most of the games at CB. He recovers the ball, his dribbling is good and his passing is extremely good. Those are Barca CB skills. What Barca really needs at CB is more speed for the fastest attacks like PSG or RM. Adriano type of speed.

The team was clearly completely wrong about Song being able to play Barca CB. Song has been fantastic at DM, I'm sure the team would be quite happy to go forward with either Song backing up Busquets, or moving Masch back into that roll if he they get someone who could start in front of him at CB.

I think Mascherano is very popular on this forum. A lot of people joke about his tendency to score own goals and he does make mistakes now and again but everybody knows he gives 100% and is doing the best he can in a position that is not natural to him. He's excellent at centre back 90% of the time but that other 10% is made up of huge errors that result in a goal being conceded and are mainly down to him not being a natural centre back. No doubting the guy's commitment to the team and the effort he puts in though.

Home of Barca Fans