Transfers and Rumours - old thread

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Masch is an easy target because he's not a defender despite always playing there and isn't a midfielder for us because he lacks the quality to do so...Still, he's a huge influence within the squad and are lucky to have him...But as he even has admitted, it'll be a sad day for him when he is deemed surplus to needs and I think that day is not far off...He'll be 29 in a few months and I could see him either accept a diminished role within the squad after the WC or be let go - assuming Rosell et al get wise and provide adequate depth at CB

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
:thumbsup2:
I think Mascherano is very popular on this forum. A lot of people joke about his tendency to score own goals and he does make mistakes now and again but everybody knows he gives 100% and is doing the best he can in a position that is not natural to him. He's excellent at centre back 90% of the time but that other 10% is made up of huge errors that result in a goal being conceded and are mainly down to him not being a natural centre back. No doubting the guy's commitment to the team and the effort he puts in though.

:thumbsup2:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Here's my thoughts on our transfer activity:

In (Promoted):
Neymar
Iñigo Martinez/Marquinhos/Hummels
(Rafinha)
(Deulofeu)
(Sergi Roberto)

Out:
Villa
Abidal - unfortunately
JDS
Fontas
Afellay
Cuenca - he should stay for another season at Ajax for development as I don't think there will be any space for him next season

As you can see I still hope that Valdes will change his mind during the summer or next season. Song is getting better and better for every game he plays and he will absolutely play a bigger role after the summer.

khaled_a_d

In (Promoted):
Neymar
(Rafinha)
(Deulofeu)
(Sergi Roberto)

Out:
Villa
Abidal - unfortunately
JDS
Fontas
Afellay
Cuenca - he should stay for another season at Ajax for development as I don't think there will be any space for him next season

As you can see I still hope that Valdes will change his mind during the summer or next season. Song is getting better and better for every game he plays and he will absolutely play a bigger role after the summer.
I really have my doubt that Villa would leave while Sanchez staying tbh

mixer

In (Promoted):
Neymar
(Rafinha)
(Deulofeu)
(Sergi Roberto)

Out:
Villa
Abidal - unfortunately
JDS
Fontas
Afellay

I think Abidal will stay. He said he wants to stay and continue at barca as long as he can.

SeloBarca

If we could play Neymar-Messi-Pedro/Villa, i would rather keep Villa then Sanchez. Overall i think Villa contributes more to the team with his experiance and his personality on and off the field.
Bad thing is Villa is to good of a forward not play more then 50% of the games.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I really have my doubt that Villa would leave while Sanchez staying tbh

There isn't much future in Villa anymore. He could still be our 'Larsson' type of player, but I doubt that he would settle for that. Sanchez has improved over the last few games and he adds depth and dynamic to our team. He also makes a lot of runs for his team-mates to create space for them. Especially Messi has benefited from this last season and a couple of times this year.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I think Abidal will stay. He said he wants to stay and continue at barca as long as he can.

I would love to see Abidal stay, but I think he would only get cup games and La Liga games once in a while. He wants to play more than that as he said recently. If he could get back in the form of the 2010/11 season that would be great, but given what he went through, that seems highly unlikely. If he leaves us I hope he will come back one day as an ambassador or director for us.

Kerrybai

There isn't much future in Villa anymore. He could still be our 'Larsson' type of player, but I doubt that he would settle for that. Sanchez has improved over the last few games and he adds depth and dynamic to our team. He also makes a lot of runs for his team-mates to create space for them. Especially Messi has benefited from this last season and a couple of times this year.
Sanchez is likely heading for the exit. The rumours regarding his agent talking with other clubs likely have truth to them.

K

KisGery

Do you think Valdes go to another team? I hope! :lol: If you will go, then we can buy ter Stegen / Courtois.

I think, that we need to sell Valdés, Fontas, Afellay, JdS, Cuenca, Pedro (no chance :( , therefore Villa)!
and should be buy ter Stegen / Courtois, Hummels, Neymar! Sergi Roberto,Rafinha and Deulofeu in turn promoted to the first team.

What do you think?

Zincubus

Banned
Do you think Valdes go to another team? I hope! :lol: If you will go, then we can buy ter Stegen / Courtois.

I think, that we need to sell Valdés, Fontas, Afellay, JdS, Cuenca, Pedro (no chance :( , therefore Villa)!
and should be buy ter Stegen / Courtois, Hummels, Neymar! Sergi Roberto,Rafinha and Deulofeu in turn promoted to the first team.

What do you think?

I'd add Alexis Sanchez to your selling list ( as well as Villa AND Pedro ) we need two new forwards as well as Neymar to freshen things up I feel .

As to keepers , I'd be happy to get QPR's keeper -the Brazilian Cesar I think he's called.

Indignado

I'd add Alexis Sanchez to your selling list ( as well as Villa AND Pedro ) we need two new forwards as well as Neymar to freshen things up I feel .

As to keepers , I'd be happy to get QPR's keeper -the Brazilian Cesar I think he's called.

3 new forwards? Why not 10 and rename ourselves to Chelsea Barcelona?

And Cesar is not good enough.

K

KisGery

Alexis is not for sale!

loozy

Why would you get a relegated team's keeper for a team that challenges for the treble every season?! There is a reason why QPR are going to and it is not just because the defense is shite.

Home of Barca Fans