Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Chainsaw

Killahead
As I've said in the Neymar thread... bringing in Neymar to replace Villa is a bad call. I have no problem him being a replacement or an alternative for the likes of Pedro or Sanchez, but losing a proven goalscorer in Villa and replacing him with Neymar will likely turn out to be a downgrade, rather than an upgrade. If we sell both Sanchez and Villa, then we need to bring in another big name proven goalscorer along with Neymar. No risks and experiments with Lamelas or Deulofeus, but someone like Higuain or Aguero. We can't afford to have inexperienced or non-scoring players on both wings.

I don't want Neymar. I want Aguero actually. But I mentioned Neymar since the club is linked to him for a long time now and Rosell clearly has a hard on for him, so I give that more of a chance to happen than Aguero.

Villa, I think we should put an end to our story with him. I believe he wants to play regularly and the club seems to not having enough trust in him, seeing how many times he's been on the bench this season even after his injury was gone. So I don't see the point why he should be here next season as well. But I don't mind if he stay.

barcanuck

^ Would love a true #9 in our team to replace Villa but the board seems content to getting goals from Wingers and false midfielders (Cesc). Neymar is as good as it gets when it comes to us buying a forward for marketing reasons of course. Would love to chase Aguero and Higuation but Real won't let Higuain come to us and Aguero can come here but it will cost Sanchez plus 40 mill.

Irish_Cules

As I've said in the Neymar thread... bringing in Neymar to replace Villa is a bad call. I have no problem him being a replacement or an alternative for the likes of Pedro or Sanchez, but losing a proven goalscorer in Villa and replacing him with Neymar will likely turn out to be a downgrade, rather than an upgrade. If we sell both Sanchez and Villa, then we need to bring in another big name proven goalscorer along with Neymar. No risks and experiments with Lamelas or Deulofeus, but someone like Higuain or Aguero. We can't afford to have inexperienced or non-scoring players on both wings.

Neymar is a pretty prolific goalscorer. I know its uncertain if his goalscoring ability will translate to Europe but its not like they're buying somebody who has never shown themselves to be a goal scorer before.

khaled_a_d

I don't understand why everyone ignores the fact that right footed players are useless on the right wing when it comes to scoring. Villa, Pedro, Sanchez, Tello, Neymar and Deulofeu are all right footed players. And every single one of them plays better on the left. Villa and Pedro are the only ones who make any sense on the right, since they both shoot almost equally as well with their left. Sanchez can't score either way so it doesn't matter. Tello fighting for a spot on the right would be useless, since he can't play there anyway. Probably the same with Deulofeu, although I'm not as familiar with him so I might be wrong. If we really wanted to improve our attack, we'd buy one lefty for the right (there's no good ones except for Robben, Bale and DiMaria, though) and one righty for the left (under the assumption that Villa is leaving, as well). Neymar and Tello on the left, Pedro and whichever lefty on the right. Anything else would not be an improvement to our lack of goal threats up front.

May be because it isn't a fact? ;)
Since we played regularly with 4-3-3 under Rijkaard in 2003 (10 years) ,only Messi &Luis Garcia were left footed in all the players who played on the RW
Giuly ,Pedro,Sanchez ,Eto and even sometimes Bojan were all right footed .in many times those were really good players
I won't mind a good Left footed RW ,and I agree it can be better ,but saying that right footed player are useless in the right wing is exaggeration to say at least

frostdude1

Whats the sense in selling Tello and keeping Villa? Man I don't get it!

Villa is better than Tello imo
Deulofeu is probably better than Tello as well. Villa should stay for depth. We always had a veteran striker that came off the bench during our best years.
Tello is useless imo

Darko

Aguero/Neymar-Messi-Pedro
-------Xavi-Iniesta--------
----------Busi-------------
Alba-Kompany-Pique-Montoya
-------Ter Stegen---------

Dream lineup (that is possible) for next season,Aguero would be awesome,but Neymar is the more likely option,Montoya instead of Alves because he is just currently better than him,class is permanent so Alves may get back to his old awesome self,Ter Stegen is great and would love to have him,Pedro because I think he will be given one more season to prove himself,that he is still the Pedro of old (and because there are no options for a right winger on the transfer market that would suit us),and finally Kompany instead of Silva/Hummels because I believe we need a Puyol type player next to Pique,and Kompany is the closest to Puyi(agressive,courageous,leader,etc.).

Stric

May be because it isn't a fact? ;)
Since we played regularly with 4-3-3 under Rijkaard in 2003 (10 years) ,only Messi &Luis Garcia were left footed in all the players who played on the RW
Giuly ,Pedro,Sanchez ,Eto and even sometimes Bojan were all right footed .in many times those were really good players
I won't mind a good Left footed RW ,and I agree it can be better ,but saying that right footed player are useless in the right wing is exaggeration to say at least

Maybe it's a bit over the top to say they're completely useless, it's better to have someone there than no one, but in a strikerless system, I can't see why anyone would want to use them. 10/10 times I'd opt for the other.

abual3bed1

Deulofeu is probably better than Tello as well. Villa should stay for depth. We always had a veteran striker that came off the bench during our best years.
Tello is useless imo

What is it for Tello to do to convince people with his talent??

Doobs

The Messiah
Tello is useless imo

LOL

I think Tello is already bringing to this team what Neymar will offer.

spring

Lamela would be great for the RW. He's been playing there for Roma for 2 years and has a beautiful curling shot ability with his left foot. Neymar and Tello for the LW and Lamela and Pedro for the RW looks just good to me. Even though I think Lamela still needs to mature in his game. And adjust his behaviour too.

if we have the money for lamela, why we don't try our chance for reus? lamela will be about 30 m.e and reus almost 35-38 m.e! and reus is far better than lamela!

selling tello?
most biggest NO!

Co0ter

Tello is useless imo

Villa has been disrespected by Tito and the coaching staff all season long, I wouldn't be surprised if he put in a transfer request and demanded to leave- I know I would.

Tello has been far better and more useful than Pedro and Sanchez all season long, and he did it with a fraction of the playing time. He desire to beat his defender is what seperates him from the rest. He might seem like a one trick pony but he's got crazy pace, decent passing, great crossing and he's a pretty good finisher too, many impressive goals this season. I see Neymar has an overly developed Tello with more natural talent- one is free, one will prob cost 40mil.

Co0ter

if we have the money for lamela, why we don't try our chance for reus? lamela will be about 30 m.e and reus almost 35-38 m.e! and reus is far better than lamela!

selling tello?
most biggest NO!

What position are you under the impression Reus plays...?

Doobs

The Messiah
Reus is capable of playing in the LM/LW position. We won't be able to sign him in all likely hood as he's rated almost as high as Gotze and Dortmund is of course not going to let him leave.

EDIT: His buy out clause ATM is less than 40 million Euros.

Last edited:

spring

Reus is capable of playing in the LM/LW position. We won't be able to sign him in all likely hood as he's rated almost as high as Gotze and Dortmund is of course not going to let him leave.

also, he is capable of playing on the right also and through the middle!
lamela is not cheap, too! roma paid 18 m.e for him!

Home of Barca Fans