Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barcelona are closely watching Real Sociedad centre back Inigo Martinez (21). The Basque player has a 30M buyout clause. [md marca]

Please please please be true. The Marca report would make me believe that it's likely BS but if Mundo is reporting it too, then I still have hope.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Barcelona are closely watching Real Sociedad centre back Inigo Martinez (21). The Basque player has a 30M buyout clause. [md marca]

Please please please be true. The Marca report would make me believe that it's likely BS but if Mundo is reporting it too, then that's BS too.

fixed

Doobs

The Messiah
PSG centre back Thiago Silva currently earns 8M net a year. Only an option for Barcelona if he'd be willing to take a pay cut of 40%. [md]

Hummels please.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013

Please please please be true. The Marca report would make me believe that it's likely BS but if Mundo is reporting it too, then I still have hope.
Just wondering would Sociedad sell if they finish in 4th?

AvocadoCake

Honestly, I'll be happy with either hummels or silva as long as the cb issue is finally addressed this summer. They are both world class defenders that are a huge upgrade over having an out of form pique and whoever isn't injured partnering him.

I know, I know, I'm dreaming...

D

Don_Andrés

All the Barcastuff transfer rumours of the past 24 hours. Apologies if some have already been posted.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Johan Cruyff: "There's no end of an era, that's nonsense. Mistakes were made, that happens. Now Barça have to analyze things." [via md]

When all around you are losing their heads, keep calm and carry on. Cruyff the voice of reason.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Ajax director Overmars has been in Barcelona this week to talk about loan of Barcelona players, including extension Cuenca loan. [telegraaf]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Because Valencia ask too much for Vicente Guaita, Tottenham's Hugo Lloris has overtaken him on the list of possible new goalkeepers. [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

PSG centre back Thiago Silva currently earns 8M net a year. Only an option for Barcelona if he'd be willing to take a pay cut of 40%. [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Barcelona could have a transfer budget of 100M this summer: 50M that was planned, but 50M from selling players. [mundo deportivo]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Barcelona want to know quickly from Neymar if he wants to join now or in 2014 because his case will influence rest of transfer activity [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Barcelona have made enquiries about Atletico forward Radamel Falcao (27). Transfer to Chelsea is not yet final. Price close to 50M. [el9]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Man United's De Gea and Monchengladbach's Ter Stegen are the keepers with best scouting reports, but transfer fees would be too high. [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

While sports director Zubizarretta wants to sign Dortmund centre back Mats Hummels (24), Vilanova prefers PSG player Thiago Silva (28). [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Abidal and Villa will in principle leave this summer. Barcelona also willing to listen to offers for Alexis and Alves. Cesc will stay. [as]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Hamburg coach Fink has been in Italy to talk with Milan player Bojan Krkic (22). German club wants to start talks with Barcelona. [dimarzio]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Reina, plus younger goalkeeper next year, is Barcelona's main plan to replace Valdes. He would be allowed to leave Liverpool for 10M. [md]

mixer

barcastuff said we can have a budget of 100M after selling some players. So... hmm..

30M for Ney (if the 10M were paid earlier)
25M for Hummels
12M for Ter Stegen (?)
~33M for a forward and other defender or miedfielder

Barcilliant

That's true, and I'm not using Falcao as an example. I've seen numerous claims that a player who plays the exact same position we feature in our formation "wouldn't fit into Barca", as if some secret special powers for understanding our superior system were required.

You have a point. However the fact remains that we have bought some good players and for some mysterious reason these guys have not delivered.

40m for Silva
40m for Suarez (maybe Aguero)
15m for Ter Stegen

is what I'd go for.

However, I wouldn't mind something like:

25m for Hummels
15m for Inigo Martinez (or another young CB)
20m? for Lewandowski (not sure about this one)
15m for Ter Stegen
30m for Neymar

I wouldn't mind Neymar, but we should only go for him once we have the players we need (CB, GK, striker if Villa leaves).

Last edited:

Barcilliant

40m for Silva
40m for Suarez (maybe Aguero)
15m for Ter Stegen

is what I'd go for.

However, I wouldn't mind:

25m for Hummels
15m for Inigo Martinez (or another young CB)
20m? for Lewandowski (not sure about this one, since I'm not sure how well he'd work on the wing)
15m for Ter Stegen
30m for Neymar

I wouldn't mind Neymar, but we should only go for him once we have the players we need (CB, GK, striker if Villa leaves).

You play Lewandowski as a pure striker-nothing else. None of this bs put him out on the wing. You might as well get that winger from Benfica-Gaitan.

Get Neymar in 2014. Get Lewandowski, 2 cb's and a gk. These are the priorities. Neymar is a luxury signing. Address the deficiencies and Neymar and his hype can come later.

0n0mat0p0eia

I would like to see:

-----------Lewandowski
-----Iniesta-------------Messi
---------------Xavi
Alba--------Busquets--------Alves
-----Pique---Bartra--Hummels
--------------Valdes

It would be a 3-4-3 formation. We have 60-70% of the ball, against teams playing 2 strikers, so play 3 defenders - 2 to mark and one spare.
Alba and Alves would get forward to provide width and Busi would protect the back 3.
Xavi would be the conduit in the centre to pick passes.
Ini and Messi would have freedom to move anywhere - with their dribbling and movement and Lewandowski occupying/pulling around the CBs, they would have space.
Lewandowski would be a target for crosses from wide and would be a threat at corners.

Just a thought.

We could buy Neymar and another GK next year.

Home of Barca Fans