Transfers and Rumours - old thread

fcbdna

Banned
If we can't get Lewy or Falcao, I'd say go for Stefan Jovetic. . . . No one else comes to mind. And please no Reina.... Vorm or begovic could come cheap, and are better options. They are young, tall and much better keepers IMO.

Now that I think about it, I don't think Lewandowski would be a great idea, since he can't play on the wing. We may need to play Messi behind a striker at times, but I don't see why we shouldn't play him in his best position most of the time. Which means that if Villa leaves, the striker we get to replace him needs to be able to play on the wing as well. Which is why I think Aguero or Suarez would be great (albeit expensive and, in Aguero's case, unrealistic) options.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Honestly ,I would be happy of a new Larsson for the no 9 , A veteran or good player from the bench who can change the game ,not necessarily a big name signing

Mr Hulot

Honestly ,I would be happy of a new Larsson for the no 9 , A veteran or good player from the bench who can change the game ,not necessarily a big name signing

Even though his wage might be an issue, a guy named Villa seems perfect for the role... :pep:

Duke

Reina has really really regressed lately tho. Pinto would be better than him tbh, if we just need a ''transition for a season or two''.

I think for GK, we can wait till Jan, we can easily get either Casillas or Diego Lopez. neither will accept being benched!

D

Don_Andrés

:lol: why on earth would a team buy Lewandowski and put him on the wing?

If Lewandowski was signed, wouldn't he play as the central striker with Messi and another (Neymar) to either side him. Messi and Neymar keeping the width as the move's develop, then moving more centrally when the ball is in the final third/penalty area, allowing the position they had to be taken by an overlapping fullback.

Ursegor

World Champion
20m? for Lewandowski (I'm not sure how well he'd work on the wing)

You play Lewandowski as a pure striker-nothing else. None of this bs put him out on the wing.

:lol: why on earth would a team buy Lewandowski and put him on the wing?

Now that I think about it, I don't think Lewandowski would be a great idea, since he can't play on the wing.

Superb. :lol:

fcbdna

Banned
Now that I think about it, I don't think Lewandowski would be a great idea, since he can't play on the wing. We may need to play Messi behind a striker at times, but I don't see why we shouldn't play him in his best position most of the time. Which means that if Villa leaves, the striker we get to replace him needs to be able to play on the wing as well. Which is why I think Aguero or Suarez would be great (albeit expensive and, in Aguero's case, unrealistic) options.

Please not Sanchez. . . He had his chance already. I'd ve really liked to see Aguero but he is too short. . . No more midgets. Get Lewandoski or Jovetic. They are considerably cheap, but can actually play football, unlike some other #9 who just wait for tap ins. As for Villa? He is done, should be sold.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
That's cool and all but that doesn't change the fact we will still play just as many games as them by the end of the season. I still don't get what your point is?

Given our current lacklustre form they could, by Wednesday, be just 5 points behind us ( wasn't it 17 points at one stage? )

Stric

Given our current lacklustre form they could, by Wednesday, be just 5 points behind us ( wasn't it 17 points at one stage? )

With one game less to go. What's your point? None of it matters unless we lose our games. It only makes sense to take into consideration the difference in points when both teams finish the round.

Zincubus

Banned
With one game less to go. What's your point? None of it matters unless we lose our games. It only makes sense to take into consideration the difference in points when both teams finish the round.

Fact is , we COULD lose our remaining games . No Messi , no Buscs - our two most influential players.
Puyol / Mascherano / Abidal all out injured .
Who's gonna score all the goals needed ? Sanchez ? Pedro ? Villa ?
Cesc looks to be our best bet for goals and most fans seem to want him out for some god-forsaken reason .

Home of Barca Fans