Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Irish_Cules

AS English ‏@English_AS 3m
Falcao is off to recently promoted Monaco says Spanish TV channel La Sexta.

I can't imagine this being true. It would be a ridiculous career move if he did go.

BorussiaBarcelona

There's no guarantee that Marquinhos or Martinez will turn out like Varane. Besides, Varane didn't become the starter immediately, he needed a season and a half for that. Not to mention that when RM bought Varane, their defense wasn't as shitty as ours is now. We need a new starting CB now, not in a season or 2. Which is why I think we need to get a proven world class CB, I just don't think we could get a fairly inexperienced CB like Marquinhos or Martinez, throw him right into the starting lineup, and expect it to work well. There's a chance it will, but getting a proven world class CB is a much safer option IMO.

Don't get me wrong, someone like Martinez or Marquinhos would be a good backup and a great option for the future. I think getting Silva + one of Martinez or Marquinhos would be ideal, but unfortunately that's not very realistic. Who knows though, I suppose anything can happen...

I totally understand you but which world class cb will be available?
Silva just transferred to PSG last summer, makes a boatload of money and they're trying to buy....err...built something that can win the CL.
He'd be very expensive and I'm not sure if he'd be really that interested in leaving PSG after just one year.

Hummels would be the other guy, but he's probably not available this summer as Dormund made a huge amount of money reaching the CL final, selling Götze and Lewandowski most likely as well.
So they don't need the money and can't effort to give away another one of their big guys this summer.

Also, Hummels has always stated that he really likes it in Dortmund and even though he said that Barcelona is pretty much the only club that could make him re-think that, I really doubt he'd leave his club during such times.
That's why I believe that he won't go anywhere, at least not before next years world cup.

After those two there isn't much left that would make sense.

Therefore adding a guy like Martinez/Marquinhos would help keep Puyol and Pique fresh for important games, while we play Bartra and/or the new guy against lesser opponents.

Meitux

The German goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen is the first option to replace the goal of the Barça. Via Sport.es i would love that..

XaviMessiGirl

Which Italian sources?
Sky Italia?
If so, then it could be true, cause they've also been the ones reporting Pep to Bayern first.

I've been skimming some of the Italian papers (hard to really get details on my phone) and can't find anything. Only things about Barca I've found are Neymar stuff and Iniesta's dad talking about Mourinho.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
AS English ‏@English_AS 3m
Falcao is off to recently promoted Monaco says Spanish TV channel La Sexta.

I can't imagine this being true. It would be a ridiculous career move if he did go.

Sid Lowe is claiming irrefutable sources that it is true...But hey, can't blame Falcao, there's money to be made and as far as I know, there are very agreeable tax advantages to getting a hefty salary in Monaco...Russian & Qatari oil money, game is definitely changing

BarcaGirl

If Barcelona cannot sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (29), Vilanova doesn't rule out to not sign any centre back this summer. [el9]

I seriously hope, this is some Kind of joke. If we don't sign an CB this summer, Tito has gone completely crazy.

If Barcelona cannot sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (29), Vilanova doesn't rule out to not sign any centre back this summer. [el9]

I seriously hope, this is some Kind of joke. If we don't sign an CB this summer, Tito has gone completely crazy.

WHAT? God I fucking hope that's a joke...

How reliable is that source?

Silva is awesome and all, and I think he might be our best option, but not signing anyone if we can't get him is just crazy.

Edit: It's most likely bullshit, but still...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans