Transfers and Rumours - old thread

jklz

I agree. No idea why they aren't mentioned in the rumours anymore, but there's still plenty of time.

khaled_a_d

I can't decide if having more arab/russian clubs is a good or a bad thing. On one hand, it completely disrupt the transfer market and destroy any hope of smaller clubs keeping their top players. On the other hand, it could create an absurd bidding war between these clubs, leading to a crash of some sort. Then things might go back to normal.

I would say it is actually a good thing ,those business men has led some midicore teams into being relevant or even considered big clubs .Man city,Chelsea PSG or even Malaga weren't half good as they are now

If Tito actually said he already has CBs in the Hummels mold (Pique & Bartra) then he's right as these 3 are the same style of defender. They like to play with the ball at their feet, bring the ball out from the back, initiate attacks and use positioning over grit. Muniesa looked very promising but I haven't seen how he's recovered after his injury. Barca needs Puyol's replacement and his backup.

I hope Sandy isn't imposing Hummels onto Tito just because he is a name player. Subotic, Juan, Martinez & Marquinhos all have the potential to become name players.

The thing is ,if we trust rumors Tito is actually not offering any other realistic alternative ,it is Silva or bust?wtf? Silva isn't even a real option and this ship has sailed last year ,time to start looking for other options

jklz

Monchengladbach's Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (21) is the goalkeeper Barcelona's coaches like most. He could join together with Pepe Reina. [ser]

I assume that is when Valdés leaves, but even then.. What will happen to Pinto?

AvocadoCake

Monchengladbach's Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (21) is the goalkeeper Barcelona's coaches like most. He could join together with Pepe Reina. [ser]

I assume that is when Valdés leaves, but even then.. What will happen to Pinto?

Why sell Valdes when you can have 4 keepers in your squads. Most world class teams have more goalkeepers than centre-backs, right? :facepalm:

spring

i would welcome with open arms:

Barcelona join the race to sign Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney [El Mundo Deportivo]

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Indeed.

He's a dumbass, he won't be able to grasp the Spanish/Catalan language/culture and he'll move to Benidorm to avoid home sickness and become an even more bloated fat ass with a drink problem.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Indeed.

He's a dumbass, he won't be able to grasp the Spanish/Catalan language/culture and he'll move to Benidorm to avoid home sickness and become an even more bloated fat ass with a drink problem.

Like Nolan said, he'd be an absolute failure in Spain & Italy.

Can't see this happening, especially since we already have two shuttles / enganches. Seeing Rooney on the wing in this Barça side would probably be both hilarious and sad.

Home of Barca Fans