Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Barcilliant

I would sign Bale over Rooney in a heartbeat. Rooney is a fat wannabe who would be a total failure in Spain. He isnt the sharpest tool in the shed-he wont learn the language, the culture and most importantly the football. He is better off in grey old England, drinking guiness, banging grannies and pretending to be a superstar.

Andrew M

I would sign Bale over Rooney in a heartbeat. Rooney is a fat wannabe who would be a total failure in Spain. He isnt the sharpest tool in the shed-he wont learn the language, the culture and most importantly the football. He is better off in grey old England, drinking guiness, banging grannies and pretending to be a superstar.

Hey, man, that's where I live! :lol:

Barcilliant

Fair enough. I did say I haven't seen much of Bayern.

I can still see the 2 attacking FBs thing working with a better CB pairing and better pressing. Maybe try getting them to take turns attacking or something? Alba can be a pretty good defender when he actually defends (see the 2nd leg against Milan). Hell, even Alves can occasionally be decent defensively when he defends (though he hardly ever does :lol:).

Alba/Montoya could be the way to go though. I say start off with Alves/Alba as the FB pairing next season. If it doesn't work with a better CB pairing and (hopefully) better pressing, then drop Alves for Montoya or something.

Most people dont seem to understand.THE HIGH INTENSITY PRESSING STYLE HAS BEEN OUR GREATES T BLESSING IN THE SHORT RUN BUT A CURSE IN THE LONG RUN. It is simply impossible to maintain that level of pressing match in-match out. You either need a massive squad where you can rotate the players or you change 75% of the squad every 3 years. It is like Rafa Nadal. Tremendous intensity-physical and mental. He was on top for a short time where he blew everyone away. However his style simply wasnt sustainable-it was bound to lead to a physical or mental blowout. The pressing will only come back when we get an infusion of new blood and a manager who can motivate.

I honestly think our side is TOO small physically and weak too. Our 05-06 side would have given the current Bayern side a run for their money or would have beaten them over 2 legs. Either way that side wouldnt have been blown away. Guystantly like Puyol (who was peaking), Marquez, Deco, Van Bommel, Edmilson even Ronnie and Eto were pretty strong physically. They were also less predictable. We need new blood and most of all we need change at the top. Rosell and Zubi and Tito are a bad version of the three amigos. Tito wants Silva yet the club are pushing Hummels. Give the coach what he wants and leave him to it-simple.

I heard rumours Laporta may come back-it may be a good idea before Rosell and co really cause irrversible damage. We dont want to waste Messi, Iniesta's best years. We are unlikely to see players this good in a long time.............

Last edited:

Birdy

Of all the centerbacks mentioned vast majority of them falls under Pique profile (so we dont need them).. Only Vermaelen comes closer to Puyol (Marquinhos i dont know, have not followed)..
You should consider that the CB we should buy should not only be a new Puyol, but also be substantially better than Mascherano. And i dont see this from the names listed.
Mascherano has been playing quite good as a CB in Barca, especially last 1,5 years -apart from minor CB inexperience mistakes here and there...
And of course Vs Bayern the problem was not our CBs.. We got exposed on the counter numerous times.. When you get exposed on the counter, even the best CBs and GK cannot save your ass every time.. Guys you just dont understand our football style, or you have started watching football lately..
Please download the games of Pep era and see how the pressing works..

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
London is a pretty cool city, though. If a little chilly sometimes :cold:

Oh it is, but it is certainly not in any way equivalent to the rest of England. I mean, there's the City and then there's the rest - just look at the property prices over the span of past 4-5 years.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Oh it is, but it is certainly not in any way equivalent to the rest of England. I mean, there's the City and then there's the rest - just look at the property prices over the span of past 4-5 years.
Indeed. London is unique. One of the greatest cities in the world and certainly worlds apart from anything else in England.

Home of Barca Fans