Transfers and Rumours - old thread

LMessi85

If you listen to Rooney speak, if you judge him by how he behaves off the field, sure, he is a dumbass. If you judge him solely by how he plays, he is as close to a perfect Barca forward/midfielder as anyone not currently on the team. The guy plays super hard both offense and defense, whatever he does off the field he is a model of fitness.

The only two current players I would not trade for Rooney even up are Messi and Iniesta. Not that he is better than Xavi, but he is a lot younger.

Would Rooney be better than Bale? The big problem with Rooney is that his best positions are where Messi and Iniesta play. Bale would start on the left and roam everywhere, this team could really use that. Plus his long-range shooting. Of course, CR7 would be better, particularly if the rules would change to allow one ball each for him and Messi.

Barca could spend very serious money this summer, for top talent. Some budget is left over from this year, some valuable players could be sold, almost all the 2014-15 budget could be spent early.

c'mon..Rooney is no player for Barca?! :icon_confused:

P

PhilS

Messi likes Rooney so sign him. Messi = Boss.

I'm sure Barca management discusses things like changes in the forwards and midfielders and managers with Messi before they make their moves. They are not stupid, they know that maximizing Messi's happiness and productivity is crucial. Legally, so socios own FC Barca. Rosell is the president, Tito is the manager, Puyol is the captain. But this is Messi's team. As it should be.

Messi also likes Neymar. I'd be pleased as punch to have either one for next year.

B

beautifulgame

Rooney works hard huh? Ask ferguson why exactly he was dropped for the second game against real in which without Rooney United looked so much better. Then when he does come on he gives up the ball 4 times in ten minutes.

Rooney fails to follow Fergie's tactics and his overall instructions, why wouls he heed Tito's?

Another overpriced English product.. No thanks.

Edit: a player mind you that has never been THAT good anyway.

Last edited:

spring

I'm sure Barca management discusses things like changes in the forwards and midfielders and managers with Messi before they make their moves. They are not stupid, they know that maximizing Messi's happiness and productivity is crucial. Legally, so socios own FC Barca. Rosell is the president, Tito is the manager, Puyol is the captain. But this is Messi's team. As it should be.

Messi also likes Neymar. I'd be pleased as punch to have either one for next year.

Agree! and it should be.

PaulFCB

Banned
Rooney was moved around the field too much sometimes. He should play behind the striker and that's that.
On Bernabeu Ferguson played RvP behind Welbeck with Rooney more like a DM, how is Rooney's fault? He played as winger in the 2009 final and also sucked, why not just play him on his position, behind RvP and actually Man U could've qualified that way.

F

Flavia

Md cover for tomorrow:

179912_10151631615540763_2098081051_n.jpg

I wonder if they'll link every player to Barça :p

Home of Barca Fans