Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Kerrybai

@loozy I agree with some of your points, however my national team would not have been 'successful' if not for all the players we have attracted through their grandparents/parents :p It's a tricky issue indeed.

Elbflorenz

I see the way he acts on the pitch and infer that he is a douche. In matches, he acts cockily and arrogantly, which is a pretty big no-no to me, especially when he isn't that good. Alba is kind of a douche, though not as big as Neuer (that thing with the ball he was innocent though) and as for Messi, those are just isolated incidents.
I guess youve never heard Interviews of him? Neuer is really 0% douche. He only shows that he has everything under control. And for real - he is one of the best if not the best GK of the world.
Concerning Alba - innocent? I mean - really that was a no go.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
alba-ball-to-face.gif

Oh god arrest him.

He only shows that he has everything under control. And for real - he is one of the best if not the best GK of the world.

I do not like that quality unless you actually have everything in control (and it's still dislikable), and in Neuer's case he doesn't, because half the time of the two saves per game he has to make he screws one of them up. There's no way he's the best GK in the world.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Name at least 3 goalkeepers who are clearly better than Neuer.

This season, mind you:

Cech, De Gea, Courtois, Caballero, Handanovic, arguably Lloris, arguably Buffon, arguably Diego Lopez.

Fact is, Neuer only has so many clean sheets because of Bayern's defense; if he played for us we would concede more than with Valdes based on Neuer's form this season.

Superfly, Valdes actually has to do work and aside from that Supercup he hasn't made too many mistakes, and Neuer isn't mistake proof himself.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I could go on and on about this topic. I work in a school where a lot of pupils have a lower working class and/or migration background and looking at a some of them you'd think that integration is something the Germans don't have a clue about.

A dual national identity is good and to each their own, but then stick to the country you represent (my children will certainly get to know all about German traditions and holidays and they will be raised bilingually). I'd have an issue with Messi if he referred to himself as Argentinean while playing for the Spanish national team.
And like I already mentioned, none of the other players with a migration background are calling themselves Polish or Spanish or Tunesian (hah, I looked up Khedira's parents' nationality, so proud :p). This is just a current beef I have with Gündogan.

As for Özil: wow, you really don't like him, do you? :D

Hehe, one can call himself "Turkish" and being a German at the same time, right? Just like the Irish Americans..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Neuer is a douche? Just because he fumbles once in a while and makes some stupid mistakes, he is a douche?? Ridiculous. Douche is someone who play acts, who dives, who doesn't respect other players and the fans on and off the field. THAT is not Neuer. Even if you think he is a bad goalkeeper, being a bad goalkeeper doesn't make someone a douche.

And these of you who think Neuer is not a good goalkeeper: May I ask how many Bayern and Germany games you have watched?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why do you say that? Have you ever talked to him, seen or heard about him being a douche? One could argue that Messi is a douche too (kicking ball into crowd, headbutt, spit) and Alba (throwing ball in Robben's face) and others on the Barcelona team. Do you want them off the team? Of course you don't. Seems like you're just throwing around an usubstatiated accusation. Can you provide evidence to your claim?

When did Messi kick the ball into the crowd, head but and spit on people? Details please.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I see the way he acts on the pitch and infer that he is a douche. In matches, he acts cockily and arrogantly, which is a pretty big no-no to me, especially when he isn't that good.

I've watched Bayern's matches in the CL and seen highlights for several league games, and I actually watch Germany fairly frequently. He's a good shot-stopper with quick reflexes, I'll give him that, but he's not good enough to warrant the title of the best goalkeeper in the world.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Neuer isn't horrible but he isn't perfect either

Also Neuer is pretty cocky and reckless. All throughout Euro 2012 he'd run up to the middle of midfield as if there was no risk, his running and dribbling vs Leverkusen, and of course him warming up a substitute in the middle of a match that Bayern was dominating. It's hilarious of course, but still pretty arrogant.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I've watched Bayern's matches in the CL and seen highlights for several league games, and I actually watch Germany fairly frequently. He's a good shot-stopper with quick reflexes, I'll give him that, but he's not good enough to warrant the title of the best goalkeeper in the world.

You need to watch more Bayern league games. He is certainly not the best (I still think Iker and Buffon are better), but he is one of the best.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Neuer isn't horrible but he isn't perfect either

Also Neuer is pretty cocky and reckless. All throughout Euro 2012 he'd run up to the middle of midfield as if there was no risk, his running and dribbling vs Leverkusen, and of course him warming up a substitute in the middle of a match that Bayern was dominating. It's hilarious of course, but still pretty arrogant.

Reckless I will give it to you, sometimes he is. But cocky? I don't think so.

Superfly

Banned
This season, mind you:

Cech, De Gea, Courtois, Caballero, Handanovic, arguably Lloris, arguably Buffon, arguably Diego Lopez.

Only keepers on that list I would say have been as good are De Gea, Courtois, and probably Lopez. I don't watch Juventus so I can't comment on Buffon.

Cech, Lloris, Handanovic are prone to their fair share of error.

Home of Barca Fans