Transfers and Rumours - old thread

JonM

I'm pretty sure it's not the only source that states Alves makes 200k quid a week, which is cosmical.
Also, looking at how much a Bayern player makes it makes me feel sick that our players reached these salaries, except for Messi, who can be well worth 3 times that.

Once Bayern and Germany start winning big titles, the salaries will go way up. Our players reached theses salaries because they reached the pinnacle of the sport.

Z

ZiZu

Those are the same as football manager too. I'm not sure Barça reveals the exact amount any player makes. And I highly doubt alves or song make more than Iniesta.

Alves makes 7 ( times) what Buscs gets !!??

I'd have him on second top salary .

Last edited:

spring

this was for last year, unfortunately i can't find this year's reference!

08156788679689957099.jpg

the weekly average was 166,934 $ last year and certainly this year is more than that! and also that annual average 8,680,000 $ has been increased this year! (reference: ESPN & forbes)

---------------------

neymar with that 57 m.e?

Last edited:

Duke

I think it's beyond stupid to buy Neymar for a lot of money and neglect other weaknesses in our team just because he would return that cash with shirt sales and whatever. If the board is so sure that he will return whatever they pay for him then why can't they just add his transfer sum to the usual transfer budget we have? I'm not saying he won't be good and I don't believe the rumors about the 57 million, but if we sign him for economic reasons instead of other players for sports reasons, we're not a football club but merely a company. This might be Rosell's interpretation of més que un club.

Didn't Barcelona official came out and said we will sign, a CB, goalkeeper and forward?
How these signing not covering our weakness?

Indignado

Didn't Barcelona official came out and said we will sign, a CB, goalkeeper and forward?
How these signing not covering our weakness?

You do realize that if we spend big on Neymar we will probably get players like Reina and Amorebieta, right?

JamDav1982

You do realize that if we spend big on Neymar we will probably get players like Reina and Amorebieta, right?

Not a chance in hell will Amorebieta be anywhere near Barcelona.

If the club spend 40m on Neymar and have 50m to spend on players that is left with ten million before sales of Valdes, Villa, Affelay, possibly Sanchez etc.

The club could easily raise another 30m through sales.

spring

Not a chance in hell will Amorebieta be anywhere near Barcelona.

If the club spend 40m on Neymar and have 50m to spend on players that is left with ten million before sales of Valdes, Villa, Affelay, possibly Sanchez etc.

The club could easily raise another 30m through sales.

i think we finally will end with inigo martinz and an ordinary GK!

KluivertsBoots

Neymar is supposedly coming from house money, at least in part, from statements the club has made since Rosell took over. If the club has in fact set money aside for this operation previously, the overall dent won't count as much against this summer's transfer kitty.

I never believe the baseline numbers we hear (like 40-50 million). At the end of the day, the club will spend whatever it thinks it needs to spend to improve the team. I don't really buy the whole "transparency" mantra of this regime.

In other news, Ander Hererra (Athletic Bilbao, CM) was linked with Barcelona today by Sport (runnning with a radio report). Insert grain of salt here.

Home of Barca Fans