Transfers and Rumours - old thread

PaulFCB

Banned
10M? We know they are getting ready to pay hundreds of million on players, we shouldn't act as if we are going to help them get more players for that.
Raise the price, others such as Anzhi might want him.

Z

ZiZu

Monaco prepare a formal bid possibly worth around 10M for goalkeeper Victor Valdes (31). It will be sent to Barcelona next week. [md]

Should we accept it? I think yes.

Anyone else see the report of Monaco offering €100 million for Cesc plus Sanchez plus Valdes !!!

It's gonna be an interesting Sunmer !!!!

Chainsaw

Killahead
Anyone else see the report of Monaco offering €100 million for Cesc plus Sanchez plus Valdes !!!

It's gonna be an interesting Sunmer !!!!

It's indeed interesting but if you estimate that amount and compare it with the actual price of those players you could sense BS all over that rumor.

Z

ZiZu

It's indeed interesting but if you estimate that amount and compare it with the actual price of those players you could sense BS all over that rumor.

Then again , they are favourites to sign Falcao after offering a ridiculous amount of money and crazy wages so who really knows ?

i_bleed_blaugrana

Okay so we sell Valdes now, then what? Any GK that we will go after will easily be in the 25-30 mil range bc a lot of teams besides us are looking for GKs as well (Arsenal, Monaco etc) which bumps up the price.

There is no GK out there in the market right now even close to that range as the only GKs realistically that much are Casillas, Buffon or Neuer.

This is why we need to keep Valdes this last season as 10 or even 15 won't do us that much good in the long haul. Since most of our budget for transfers will be spent through Neymar and our defensive purchases, we won't have that much left to play with.

It would be wiser and more frugal to wait until next season as there will surely be more options for us to pick from and we will have more money to spend on the right GK, not a knee jerk purchase. That way we can really scout GKs like Courtois (who was brilliant against Madrid) and Ter and others to make the best buy possible.

rafals

Betis are back for JdS according to SPORT.
We should sell him as soon as possible, I have enough of this nonsense. I don't know what that guy wanted to achieve by staying, he knew that he would get no minutes whatsoever. So he just stayed there, having fun with his friends, but what about his career? I might have said that before, but that's why I respect Cuenca more than JdS.
And about Valdes, I think that we can easily negotiate that bid to be at least 12M. We have been big losers recently when it comes to selling players, maybe it's time to make up for those wasted millions. Step by step.

Muttu

Okay so we sell Valdes now, then what? Any GK that we will go after will easily be in the 25-30 mil range bc a lot of teams besides us are looking for GKs as well (Arsenal, Monaco etc) which bumps up the price.

There is no GK out there in the market right now even close to that range as the only GKs realistically that much are Casillas, Buffon or Neuer.

This is why we need to keep Valdes this last season as 10 or even 15 won't do us that much good in the long haul. Since most of our budget for transfers will be spent through Neymar and our defensive purchases, we won't have that much left to play with.

It would be wiser and more frugal to wait until next season as there will surely be more options for us to pick from and we will have more money to spend on the right GK, not a knee jerk purchase. That way we can really scout GKs like Courtois (who was brilliant against Madrid) and Ter and others to make the best buy possible.

Afaik, Valdés wanna leave this summer. Rather sell him and get one who's happy being here. I just hope Rosell and co realizes Neymar is gonna be too expensive, so we don't have to settle for mediocre options at GK and CB positions.
€50m+ for a hit or miss player with one 1 year left of his contract, is just absurd.

mixer

According to the mirror, Arsene Wenger is targeting signing strikers Gonzalo Higuain and Stevan Jovetic in the summer.

Stric

We should sell him as soon as possible, I have enough of this nonsense. I don't know what that guy wanted to achieve by staying, he knew that he would get no minutes whatsoever. So he just stayed there, having fun with his friends, but what about his career? I might have said that before, but that's why I respect Cuenca more than JdS.
And about Valdes, I think that we can easily negotiate that bid to be at least 12M. We have been big losers recently when it comes to selling players, maybe it's time to make up for those wasted millions. Step by step.

To be honest, I would have done the same. JdS is not the next Messi and everyone is aware of that by now. In his situation, I don't think there's anything wrong with not being more ambitious than he is. The guy has been living in Barcelona for over 10 years, his home is here, his family and friends are here, and since (IMHO) he doesn't have the potential to be the next big star, I can imagine that he'd rather stay and settle for what he's got than leave to another city/country just to get more playing time. Having said that, the club should have kept him the B team. Promoting him fully to the first team made no sense, since there's no need or opportunities for him there. (Yet another bad decision by Tito.) If he was still in the B team, he'd get playing time, he'd be among the best players, and he'd still get to hang out with his friends.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans