Transfers and Rumours - old thread

ccesc

Sokratis (Werder Bremen) seems to replace Felipe Santana in Dortmund.
10 Mio €-

He is a good defender. 24 years old. But 10 Mio for a substitute?
We got good guys in our youth team (Günther, Sarr) or on loan (Sobiech)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Sokratis (Werder Bremen) seems to replace Felipe Santana in Dortmund.
10 Mio €-

He is a good defender. 24 years old. But 10 Mio for a substitute?
We got good guys in our youth team (Günther, Sarr) or on loan (Sobiech)

Well, at least you guys are thinking about and actually signing defenders.

Ghosting

What people don't understand about buying CB's is whilst yes having a new CB instead of playing Masch will be an improvement, the way we play we will always be massively susceptible to counter attacks/ fast teams and aerial threats. Having Thiago Silva and Hummels we still wouldn't be able to contend with likes of Madrid or Bayern. Because we still would have small attacking full backs, who can't defend crosses and are both usually too high up the pitch to defend counter attacks.

I think we definitely need at least one world class centre-back (i would also replace Pique, but i doubt that will happen) and also make sure only one of our FBs are attacking, down whichever wing they are needed. Replacing Alves with Montoya would help this i think. Our CBs shouldn't be playing up on the half-way line either when they know they don't have the pace to cover.

Povikas

Brandon
What people don't understand about buying CB's is whilst yes having a new CB instead of playing Masch will be an improvement, the way we play we will always be massively susceptible to counter attacks/ fast teams and aerial threats. Having Thiago Silva and Hummels we still wouldn't be able to contend with likes of Madrid or Bayern. Because we still would have small attacking full backs, who can't defend crosses and are both usually too high up the pitch to defend counter attacks.

I think we definitely need at least one world class centre-back (i would also replace Pique, but i doubt that will happen) and also make sure only one of our FBs are attacking, down whichever wing they are needed. Replacing Alves with Montoya would help this i think. Our CBs shouldn't be playing up on the half-way line either when they know they don't have the pace to cover.

The Truth.

LeoMessi10

That was what was so good about Abidal I thought. We all knew alves would be outta position but the back 3 would slide across and cover while he was running back etc

El Gato

Villarato!
Twitter:
In the €70M joint sale to Monaco, Porto valued Moutinho at €1M & James Rodriguez at €69M, bcz Sp Lisbon are entitled to 25% of Moutinho sale

Hahaha. Crazy ass Russians.

Duke

Barcelona is a duopoly team. When we have a healthy Puyol our defense is solid and organized. Pique and the rest play well as we have leadership in the back. Same upfront with Messi, when he is missing we lose our rhythm and inspiration. When he he is healthy and playing his game, the team playing our game. He is our inspirational leader upfront.
when we miss both Messi and Puyol, the team is disaster.
We need strong CB who can assume leadership responsibilities in the back, direct other defenders and fill Puyol shoes and it'll be difficult to find someone who can fill his shoes tbh!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With Thiago Silva and Vincent Kompany not for sale, Roma centre back Marquinhos (18) would now be Barcelona's main centre back option. [md]

With Thiago Silva and Vincent Kompany not for sale, Roma centre back Marquinhos (18) would now be Barcelona's main centre back option. [md]

Hope it's not true. We shouldn't give up on Silva so easily. I don't care if he costs 40m, he's worth it. He's the best CB in the world and fits our needs perfectly (fast, good in the air, etc).

Marquinhos would be a better choice than some of the other CBs we've been linked with (Vermaelen :)facepalm:), Luiz :)facepalm:), etc), though that's not really saying much. And imo, we need a proven, world-class CB, not a prospect. Getting a prospect like Marquinhos could work, but it's a lot riskier imo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans