Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Z

ZiZu

Alexis has been the best forward in La Liga this month, pay attention. His Torres period is behind him, both Alexis and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for getting him through that down period. He'll be the starter beside Neymar and Messi next year.

There's no need for rudeness , hes improved which certainly wasn't difficult.

We are on the same team after all .
He's still nowhere near good enough for our team .

Mr Hulot

Yeah, Heynckes is suddenly so fashionable.

Guess why!
I wonder what DonAndres had to say exactly a year ago, when Heynckes with almost the same players and exactly the same tactics lost all of his three titles, lost three times in three games against Dortmund, with the last one being a 5-2 defeat in the cup final.. But that is football sadly, it makes people remember only what happened in the last game.

Andrew M

Guess why!
I wonder what DonAndres had to say exactly a year ago, when Heynckes with almost the same players and exactly the same tactics lost all of his three titles, lost three times in three games against Dortmund, with the last one being a 5-2 defeat in the cup final.. But that is football sadly, it makes people remember only what happened in the last game.

People are very shortsighted.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Guess why!

Heynckes has always been a good manager, it's just that this season he's fully refined his system and gotten the best out of the team. Dante coming in really organized the defense and he's gotten much more out of Muller this year to his advantage, not to mention Mandzukic. His attack is more mobile and interchangeable with all the players connecting to such a level. It's not just one game to remember it's that this season shows that after so much trial and error and figuring things out, Heynckes got it to click and now the success speaks for itself. Another X factor for Bayern is that this season they all came in with unbelievable hunger to win and started off strong and continued that way all throughout. I'm not jumping on the Heynckes bandwagon, just giving credit where it's due.

JamDav1982

Heynckes has always been a good manager, it's just that this season he's fully refined his system and gotten the best out of the team. Dante coming in really organized the defense and he's gotten much more out of Muller this year to his advantage, not to mention Mandzukic. His attack is more mobile and interchangeable with all the players connecting to such a level. It's not just one game to remember it's that this season shows that after so much trial and error and figuring things out, Heynckes got it to click and now the success speaks for itself. Another X factor for Bayern is that this season they all came in with unbelievable hunger to win and started off strong and continued that way all throughout. I'm not jumping on the Heynckes bandwagon, just giving credit where it's due.

He has done well this season no doubt.

However there are many points in his career where he has not been so good and been a huge failure.

You are basing his ability as a manager on this season rather than his career as a whole, which is more accurate.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has done well this season no doubt.

However there are many points in his career where he has not been so good and been a huge failure.

You are basing his ability as a manager on this season rather than his career as a whole, which is more accurate.

He's definitely not a failure as a manager. I'd agree that he obviously hasn't always been this successful it's just that over the years and after so much experience, he finally clicked everything into place and with his current knowledge and insight he is definitely an amazing manager and has things right. With this current success he's finally getting high recognition because it all lined up. Past failures shouldn't create the illusion that he isn't a great manager currently. His history doesn't dictate his future.

JamDav1982

He's definitely not a failure as a manager. I'd agree that he obviously hasn't always been this successful it's just that over the years and after so much experience, he finally clicked everything into place and with his current knowledge and insight he is definitely an amazing manager and has things right. With this current success he's finally getting high recognition because it all lined up. Past failures shouldn't create the illusion that he isn't a great manager currently. His history doesn't dictate his future.

This league title was the first he had won in something like 23 years.

The whole of a managers career is far more accurate to their ability than one season.

'History doesnt dicatate his future'??

All managers and players are judged on their history. That cant be avoided.

Mr Hulot

I always love a good tactical analysis or appreciate coaches with distinct football philosophies, but I don't think that Jupp Heynckes changed anything at all(tactically) since last year's failure. The main difference, as you said yourself,is that he had better and more motivated players at his disposal. He is a very good coach, who can adapt his tactics according to the opposition, but I don't think we should be afraid his presence in Madrid more than Mou's.

BarcaOG

Banned
in b4 all top european clubs strengthen their weak links while barca retains its liabilities and buys players it doesnt need at exorbitant prices

JamDav1982

in b4 all top european clubs strengthen their weak links while barca retains its liabilities and buys players it doesnt need at exorbitant prices

It was clear from all the big games this season that more attacking threats were needed.

As much an issue as the defence if not more so.

hardyboy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barcelona are considering to sign a second forward, besides Neymar. Will depend on market opportunities. [catalunya radio]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/339131023709315073">May 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTF!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

F

Frejsgodes

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barcelona are considering to sign a second forward, besides Neymar. Will depend on market opportunities. [catalunya radio]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/339131023709315073">May 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully just rumours. If we sign another then surely two of out current forwards are on their way out.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Wouldn't mind someone like Suarez (or maybe Aguero, though he'll probably be nearly impossible to get) tbh (after we get a GK and CB, of course).

Neymar-Messi-Suarez :worthy: :worthy:

One can always dream, right? :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I always love a good tactical analysis or appreciate coaches with distinct football philosophies, but I don't think that Jupp Heynckes changed anything at all(tactically) since last year's failure. The main difference, as you said yourself,is that he had better and more motivated players at his disposal. He is a very good coach, who can adapt his tactics according to the opposition, but I don't think we should be afraid his presence in Madrid more than Mou's.

Heynckes' Bayern side have done some really efficient pressing to isolate the opposition and keep them from attacking. Against Barca, Xavi was reduced to only being able to pass around the center circle. Against Juve, Pirlo couldn't stamp his influence on the game. He did change his tactics and they've been immensely better this season. He's won the tactical battle against pretty much every team he's faced. His players had hunger but he really led them on the right path to use that hunger and win the title.

At Madrid the biggest difference he would make would be the ability to work well with the squad, unlike Mourinho who fell out with many of the players and internally collapsed the team. Heynckes would get more from his players and make them work better as a unit than the current Madrid side, which would seriously make them more threatening to us.

Home of Barca Fans