Transfers and Rumours - old thread

PaulFCB

Banned
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barcelona are considering to sign a second forward, besides Neymar. Will depend on market opportunities. [catalunya radio]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/339131023709315073">May 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTF!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Why not?
We could try to sign a striker that has done something so far, not just spend on experiments...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This league title was the first he had won in something like 23 years.

The whole of a managers career is far more accurate to their ability than one season.

'History doesnt dicatate his future'??

All managers and players are judged on their history. That cant be avoided.

Overall his career can be judged by his past history but you can't say that he won't do well at Madrid just because he didn't get it right until now. The fact is that he has it right and he knows how to neutralize opposition attacks at the core, which would prove fatal against Barca. The thing with a manager is that you can't decline mentally. As you build your system and you get all of it right, you don't get it wrong afterwards. You can change it and alter things to fit teams/players, but once he's got it, it's there.

F

Frejsgodes

Wouldn't mind someone like Suarez (or maybe Aguero, though he'll probably be nearly impossible to get) tbh (after we get a GK and CB, of course).

Neymar-Messi-Suarez :worthy: :worthy:

One can always dream, right? :lol:

Liverpool wont sell for less than 35-40 mio. Cant afford him with our other more pressing needs. But I agree, it would be a deadly trio.

Antimadridista1

Barcelona are considering to sign a second forward, besides Neymar. Will depend on market opportunities. [catalunya radio]

Please, JACKSON MARTINEZ

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
We don't need another forward unless Sanchez is sold.

As for those saying that Pinto is better than Reina must have not watched the second half of Liverpool's seaseon. Reina really played well down the stretch. With that said, Ter Stegen is the future and he needs to be our main focus especially since he has such a willingness to play at the club. I have no problem with Ter Stegen being Reina's understudy for a year or two though while he gets acclimated.

Buying a CB is crucial. I do think Inigo Martinez would be perfect for the club, doesn't solve all of our aerial problems but he's decent in the air for his size. Marquinhos has looked good for his age, too. I wouldn't be upset with either signing or possibly both.

We don't need any more forwards with the addition of Neymar.

JamDav1982

Heynckes' Bayern side have done some really efficient pressing to isolate the opposition and keep them from attacking. Against Barca, Xavi was reduced to only being able to pass around the center circle. Against Juve, Pirlo couldn't stamp his influence on the game. He did change his tactics and they've been immensely better this season. He's won the tactical battle against pretty much every team he's faced. His players had hunger but he really led them on the right path to use that hunger and win the title.

At Madrid the biggest difference he would make would be the ability to work well with the squad, unlike Mourinho who fell out with many of the players and internally collapsed the team. Heynckes would get more from his players and make them work better as a unit than the current Madrid side, which would seriously make them more threatening to us.

Again you are basing everything on this season just past.

The careers of Mourinho and Heynckes does not point to Heynckes having the better ability to get more out of players or organise them better as a unit.

Heynckes cant be all that great at these things if he has just won his first league title in 23 years or first major trophy in 15 years.

hardyboy

Why not?
We could try to sign a striker that has done something so far, not just spend on experiments...
our first priority is to make our defence stronger for that we need to buy a world class centre back, no matter how many forwards we buy with this defense it is almost impossible to win Champions League.

Liverpool wont sell for less than 35-40 mio. Cant afford him with our other more pressing needs. But I agree, it would be a deadly trio.

We'd need quite a few sales, but I think we can pull it off. It's highly unlikely though.

Anyways, if two forwards are bought, I'd sell Villa and Pedro. Villa and Sanchez if we need that extra bit of cash.

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Barcelona are considering to sign a second forward, besides Neymar. Will depend on market opportunities. [catalunya radio]

Please, JACKSON MARTINEZ

There's never a good deal to be made with Porto. Their players always come at an expensive price.

I hear a lot of clubs rumored for Martinez right now but I sure hope Atletico passes on him too. They could get Negredo and Diego or Rakitic for the same price they could get Martinez for.

JamDav1982

Overall his career can be judged by his past history but you can't say that he won't do well at Madrid just because he didn't get it right until now. The fact is that he has it right and he knows how to neutralize opposition attacks at the core, which would prove fatal against Barca. The thing with a manager is that you can't decline mentally. As you build your system and you get all of it right, you don't get it wrong afterwards. You can change it and alter things to fit teams/players, but once he's got it, it's there.

As you build your system and you get all of it right, you don't get it wrong afterwards.

Sorry but that is wrong and football is constantly evolving and managers dont work out a system that never fails going forward.

PaulFCB

Banned
our first priority is to make our defence stronger for that we need to buy a world class centre back, no matter how many forwards we buy with this defense it is almost impossible to win Champions League.

But we also don't need Alexis so much, do we?

albi852

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barcelona are considering to sign a second forward, besides Neymar. Will depend on market opportunities. [catalunya radio]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/339131023709315073">May 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTF!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Why we need another forward, ?? we have noe even more difficulties to make Defoelt an Tello play more. I say to let go Vila and one of Pedro and Sanchez. Having too much players in the team will just make the work of Tito harder and difficult.

Home of Barca Fans