Transfers and Rumours - old thread

raskolnikov

Suarez only acts like that when frustrated, so at liverpool it happens a lot, at Barca only in classico's or cl matches. Guy is full of passion, loves Barca and a great player who isnt scared to create. I think it would be perfect since he wants to leave and nobody wants him now so the fee is low, Villa plus 15 mil?

KluivertsBoots

Kompany, Marquinhos and David Luiz are apparently the CB targets.

I don't see either Kompany or David Luiz leaving their current clubs. That leaves us with Marquinhos. He's clearly very talented, but my biggest issue is his real position. I think he's a classic Brazilian fullback in the making (Cafu mold). I've never seen a player with his characteristics at CB. Incredible energy. Can run for days. He's the type of player you put on a flank and move everyone else out of the way. His true position would be my primary concern. He could be a great Abidal replacement, but you'd still have the Puyol piece missing.

Z

ZiZu

I wouldn't take Suarez if we could have him for free...

He's a very talented guy with great skills and scores some amazing goals , that said he loses the ball even more than Messi does and continually tries that nutmeg trick all over the pitch , great when it comes off but as it usually doesnt it leaves the team wide open at the back - something we just can't cope with given ou defensive problems .

Z

ZiZu

I'd love to have an amazing front three , just like the days of Figo / Kluivert / Rivaldo. :)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Kompany, Marquinhos and David Luiz are apparently the CB targets.

I don't see either Kompany or David Luiz leaving their current clubs. That leaves us with Marquinhos. He's clearly very talented, but my biggest issue is his real position. I think he's a classic Brazilian fullback in the making (Cafu mold). I've never seen a player with his characteristics at CB. Incredible energy. Can run for days. He's the type of player you put on a flank and move everyone else out of the way. His true position would be my primary concern. He could be a great Abidal replacement, but you'd still have the Puyol piece missing.

He's a fast, young CB in the mold of Thiago Silva. Varane has those characteristics too but with more height and strength and not as good positioning. He's a great CB replacement and has that tough Puyol-esque style. Just because he can run doesn't mean he's forced to be a fullback, he's really impressed at center back throughout the season.

psychotsek

He's a very talented guy with great skills and scores some amazing goals , that said he loses the ball even more than Messi does and continually tries that nutmeg trick all over the pitch , great when it comes off but as it usually doesnt it leaves the team wide open at the back - something we just can't cope with given ou defensive problems .

:rolleyes:

Z

ZiZu

There's no need to roll your eyes mate , check the stats out .
Messi loses / gives the ball away more than any other Barca player . Fact . Sorry

Just seen Sanchez's goal against Espanyol . That's more like the uTube compilations that originally convinced me that he was indeed Batca quality.

Too little to late , I wonder ?

KluivertsBoots

Just seen Sanchez's goal against Espanyol . That's more like the uTube compilations that originally convinced me that he was indeed Batca quality.

Too little to late , I wonder ?

He is quality, but he hasn't proven he can play with Messi. Alexis is best suited on the left for Barcelona (cutting on on by far his strongest foot- right). Neymar and Tello will dominate the left side now.

Alexis has been a right winger for Chile and previously at club level, yes, but he has had a lot of freedom he can't have at Barcelona because of Messi. Almost all of his career best scoring matches have come from him playing on the left.

Alexis and Fab are players who need more freedom than Barcelona can give them tactically with Messi. Alexis needs freedom to roam the front line and run at the defense from various angles. Fab is a classic enganche/trequartista.

These two will almost always look better without Messi.

Last edited:

lovebarca

I think if we are not getting silva than we should buy both hummels and Marquinhos becasue it will be almost same prize 40 million and we can rotate well all defenders.And in only important matche puyol will be played.
I am worried about both player's high profile match experience.we already seen hummels is error prone and Marquinhos not played any yet.

I don't follow seria A but can anyone say what is Marquinhos's injury record?

Home of Barca Fans