Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
How much would you be willing to spend on a Plan B player who would really be useful just for a few matches? What makes you think he'd be happy with his role at the club?

JamDav1982

No Dr. Contrary... using Guardiola is a bad example as his versatile genius is why FC Barcelona is as great as it is. Mentored in the school of Voetball Totaal by Cruyff himself the key has always been SPACE. How to use it, create it, move it, and dominate it. You and semi-neutral have been lost on my posts. I am not saying take Messi out from the CF position... I have only said we should have a true CF or Plan B as everyone has been calling it. In that case having Messi at RW and his ability to use space while others move and open space for him is something that we need against Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve or even Celtic (based on last year).

I don't expect you to understand JamDav as in the Tello thread you have no problem going in circles arguing. What you said about Ronaldo is all I was saying about Messi, proving my point.

Wow you have missed the Ronaldo point big time.

He is not a playmaker/creater and can move off the ball from the wing into space.

Messi on the other hand is massively involved in the build up play and creating chances.

If you think that Ronaldo playing from out wide proves your point then carry on.

Guardiola thinks Messi is at his best through the middle.

Mmmm Barca8 or Pep - who knows best? Pep i would say.

Gaudi

He does still drift out to the wings at times anyway.

There are problems with the Barcelona attack but I cant see how you solve those by moving the one thing that without a doubt was working.

Messi was working, rest didn't. Sorry but Messi doesnt equal attack. Pedro looks miles better in Spain NT. Messi is probably best ever, he'll find magic moments and goals on every game. But we looked totothless in some big matches, I hope you saw that?

JamDav1982

Messi was working, rest didn't. Sorry but Messi doesnt equal attack. Pedro looks miles better in Spain NT. Messi is probably best ever, he'll find magic moments and goals on every game. But we looked totothless in some big matches, I hope you saw that?

Barca looked toothless but not because of Messi but because the wide players did not offer enough and the team were out run in midfield/ held onto the ball too long etc.

Either sort it by getting better support to a player who has proved he is the best ever in his position. Or move Messi and buy a center forward.

Messi has to stay in the middle it is key to how Barcelona play and getting the best out of him and the team.

Gaudi

Barca looked toothless but not because of Messi but because the wide players did not offer enough and the team were out run in midfield/ held onto the ball too long etc.

Either sort it by getting better support to a player who has proved he is the best ever in his position. Or move Messi and buy a center forward.

Messi has to stay in the middle it is key to how Barcelona play and getting the best out of him and the team.

I+m not saying that with simple fluid changing in attack all our problems are solved. I said ten times: we play to slow, from one touch football to 6 touch f. We play to static. We used to play control game, but control and static and slow are completely different things. We stopped pressing, even worse, we have 3 players pressing, rest standing of which leads to huuuge gaps in our defence and midf. Also we becomed imbalanced with 2 full backs - attackers.
BUT, changes need to happen all over the pitch, so in attack as well.

JamDav1982

I+m not saying that with simple fluid changing in attack all our problems are solved. I said ten times: we play to slow, from one touch football to 6 touch f. We play to static. We used to play control game, but control and static and slow are completely different things. We stopped pressing, even worse, we have 3 players pressing, rest standing of which leads to huuuge gaps in our defence and midf. Also we becomed imbalanced with 2 full backs - attackers.
BUT, changes need to happen all over the pitch, so in attack as well.

Changes are happening in attack.

57 million just got spent trying to do that and take the load off Messi.

F

Flavia

<s>@</s>barcastuff <small class="time"> 6 m
</small> Barcelona are interested in Chelsea forward Fernando Torres (29). Mourinho doesn't want him and he would be available for 20M. [sport]

:shakeshead: or :lol:

Gilberto

We can all agree Torres hasn't been in great form lately, but we all know what he is capable of so I don't think 10m is much for him (although his reputation hasn't improved over the last couple of years to say the least :lol:)

Home of Barca Fans