Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Barca8

That's interesting because I have considered him for that role also. A left-footed Striker that can play CF & RW.:snap:

He's young, a fellow Argentinian like Messi, and very skilful. The problem is, I don't really know how good he is and if he would be able to step up.

Lamela scored 15 goals in an ultra defensive league... he is a Barca style striker. Neymar - Messi - Lamela would be a great front line. Being that Lamela is also 6'0 when the fullbacks bomb forward he has the height to latch onto a cross.

He'll be a fantastic signing compared to the rumored 17 mil 29 y/o Torres "super sub" we've been linked to.

ceefoo

Lamela scored 15 goals in an ultra defensive league... he is a Barca style striker. Neymar - Messi - Lamela would be a great front line. Being that Lamela is also 6'0 when the fullbacks bomb forward he has the height to latch onto a cross.

He'll be a fantastic signing compared to the rumored 17 mil 29 y/o Torres "super sub" we've been linked to.
:question:Have we ever even been linked to him?

And what's his valuation?

I've made thoughts clear on Fernando "The White Heskey" Torres in the Torres thread already.:facepalm1:

One problem with getting Lamela: what happens when Deulofeu returns from his loan spell? I don't see us being able to fit those 2 and Neymar in the same team (since one of the 3 will probably be on the bench, and I doubt any of them would be happy with that).

Last edited:

AvocadoCake

Roma bought Lamela for 17m, he has since improved. He would cost A LOT more than Torres. That being said, getting Torres would be disastrous when we haven't even got a centre-back yet!!

That being said, I would like a left-footed player on the right wing. Rodrigo can play there, apparently and he's pretty boss for Spain U21, but I doubt a Madrid boy would be so keen to join Barcelona (he wouldn't cost too much, though, but then again his contract goes up until 2019, if they value him, they won't sell if they don't have to), Griezmann would be cool, probably expensive.

Alexis has played very well in the last month or so of the season, no disaster if he'd first choice next season. Disaster would be if we don't get a centre-back by the start of the season.

ss81bja

We were arguably even better in 2011 with Messi at false 9 and Villa and Pedro on the wings. I'd rather not play Messi out of position. And IF we do change his position, I think we should put him behind a striker, like we did in the second leg against Milan. Or get a striker who can play on the wing like Villa, play him on the wing most of the time, but have him move to a striker position in front of Messi when we need it (like Villa did against Milan).

I think the point is that , IF and only IF you bring in someone like Lewandowski, it would be easier to put Messi on the wing because he is very mobile and has played there before. Actually i think we need another real CF or anyone whose job is to simply put the ball in the net as an alternative to Messi because we are definately suffering in that area. Our false 9 system may "work" because Messi is some sort of superhuman striker/attacking midfield hybrid. You can put Messi anywhere on that frontline and he would score. But once he is not there we just look impotent especially in the "BIG" games. You don't want to get attached to the past but you can learn from it. Part of the reason we were devastating in the treble years was that we had a potent front line in Henry/Eto'o/Messi. It only happens that all the forwards we brought in since then have not been too successful for one reason or another hence the overdepencence on Messi now. Barca already have a lot of "wingers" or players who can play on the flanks. In fact, in my opinion, if were not already committed to Neymar, we could have spent money on getting either Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski.

SeloBarca

All the good CB are tied up or to expensive. It feels like well end up with another unproven Chygrinsky or nothing at all.

Strikerwise i dont know, it fees like all Strikers we buy get lost in the depandancy on Messi. Neymar, Alexis, Messi, VIlla and Pedro have similiar playstyles, even though they differ in quality.
I think we would need something different to complement Messi, something we had in Eto'o. Quick, strong, tall, good in air and not afraid to shoot in any situation even if its at a bad angle, trying to dribble through parked busses is not the solution. I guess Lewandowski would be the closest but dont think we can get him.

psychotsek

All the good CB are tied up or to expensive. It feels like well end up with another unproven Chygrinsky or nothing at all.

Strikerwise i dont know, it fees like all Strikers we buy get lost in the depandancy on Messi. Neymar, Alexis, Messi, VIlla and Pedro have similiar playstyles, even though they differ in quality.
I think we would need something different to complement Messi, something we had in Eto'o. Quick, strong, tall, good in air and not afraid to shoot in any situation even if its at a bad angle, trying to dribble through parked busses is not the solution. I guess Lewandowski would be the closest but dont think we can get him.

Mediocrity,injuries along with :tito:

:pep:

Piqué

I think Vadillo is more talented. Fede is also a big talent, hope he does well in the future.
I sincerely hope he does. Today, Fede Vico signed for Anderlecht. Contract for 5 years where he should earn 7x his Cordoba salary. Transfer fee about 1.5M

XaviMessiGirl

Well Napoli were supposedly going to bid 40m for Marquinhos & Lamela together but backed out... maybe we should do the same :D

Can't remember us ever having been linked to Lamela though.

mixer

Moratti (president Inter): "Barça bid for Handanovic? I've read it in the newspaper, but I don't think it's true, we didn't receive any bid"

Z

ZiZu

He'll be 36 years old NEXT year (2014).

And are you going to answer my question?

Simple , I don't rate Klose at all and not a great fan of Crouch but I'd take Crouchy everytime .

If you're picking on one incident , look at Crouch's world class volley from about 30 yards out.

Do people not realize Klose is a couple goals away from being the all time world cup leading goalscorer? I think he's also Germany's all time leading goalscorer or at least in the top 3. He's a proven player who can put it in the back of the net.

Michael Owen scored loads of goals and he wouldn't have worked at Barca either . ( I didn't rate him either , incidentally ).

Home of Barca Fans