Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Butaan4barca

barcelona-tactics-2008-09-guardiola-messi.jpg

Messi on the right, Eto'o (Lewa) as a pure striker and Henry (Neymar) on the left.

We've won the treble..

Just my 2 cents.

why put him on right ? when he already plays in his most effective position. in the middle of the pitch. THe best player of the team has to play in the middle.

But my proposition was, if he already plays as false 9, that means the position for original 9 is vacant. no body has to change their roles. just that one of the midfielder would be sacrificed (if neymar plays left, lews in the middle upfront, alexis on right)

as in a different model (one of the front three can be sacrificed for additional mid),

zanela

Morata has more to his game, than i'd initially thought. Tello, on the other hand, has been abysmal at the u21s so far.

As for the transfer rumours, I have nausea everytime i read something linking us to Pepe Reina.

Darko

Pep never tried to convert Busquets to a CB,he only played there due to injuries,same with Yaya
and Mascherano was never a Barca style DM,he was bought to play CB because he had all the traits to be a good Barca CB(agressive,great tackler,can carry the ball out of defense...) but he could never become quite as good as a true world class CB(positioning being the main issue,and diving into tackles too eagerly)

P

PhilS

Pep was incredibly successful bringing up players from Barca B to significant roles on the first team. It was not like the youngsters hurt the team during their transition, the team just got better.

It's hard to tell how much of this success came from the talents of the particular players who came up during that period, and how much had to to with Pep's skills.

JamDav1982

Pep never tried to convert Busquets to a CB,he only played there due to injuries,same with Yaya
and Mascherano was never a Barca style DM,he was bought to play CB because he had all the traits to be a good Barca CB(agressive,great tackler,can carry the ball out of defense...) but he could never become quite as good as a true world class CB(positioning being the main issue,and diving into tackles too eagerly)

As Adriano was only played at CB because of injuries.

Mascherano was not bought to play as a CB he played in midfield for a good while.

Darko

we had Bartra,the man who,according to Tito,blocked the transfer of Agger because he needs to fulfill his potential...

Gilberto

Did you see that he ''intercepted'' a pass from I guess it was from Isco to Muniain yesterday? He screwed up a potential one on one situation.

Yeah, I saw it. Muniain was pissed, which I completely understand.

He has been taking some shots from impossible distances as well.

Home of Barca Fans