Transfers and Rumours - old thread

KluivertsBoots

Manchester United insiders are saying Thiago and Ronaldo are their top two targets. Cesc is just a smoke screen, and Thiago has always been their #1. Thiago/Dad are very attracted because he would basically walk in and play major minutes in all matches from day one. Cleverley is the only long term option they have to run the midfield. Additionally, Barca have given Thiago no incentive or reassurance to stay.

Thiago is the one they want to wrap up next.

KluivertsBoots

It would be crazy seeing Ronaldo and Thiago play on the same team! So let's not make that happen.

The decision has been left to Thiago by Barca (Rosell confirmed in his presser yesterday). They are not changing his contract. Rosell said Thiago's buyout is the opposite of what's been reported in that the clause would have risen to 90 million had he played the required matches. Since he did not, it remains 18 million.

If Thiago wants to go, he will go basically (and for a bargain in my opinion).

Last edited:

Stric

The decision has been left to Thiago by Barca (Rosell confirmed in his presser yesterday). They are not changing his contract. Rosell said Thiago's buyout is the opposite of what's been reported in that the clause would have risen to 90 million had he played the required matches. Since he did not, it remains 18 million.

I read that. It's the exact same thing, in reality. He plays 60% or more, his clause is 90 mil. He plays less, his clause is 18. In practical terms, there's no difference. It just sounds different depending on which way you look at it. Rosell is just trying to make it sound less bad.

KluivertsBoots

I read that. It's the exact same thing, in reality. He plays 60% or more, his clause is 90 mil. He plays less, his clause is 18. In practical terms, there's no difference. It just sounds different depending on which way you look at it. Rosell is just trying to make it sound less bad.

Exactly. Either way, you're letting a talented player walk if he wants for an absolute bargain. Baffling.

I seem to be very much in the minority, but I'd like to see Thiago groomed as a #4. I think he'd be unbelievable in that role over time. He'll be better as a deeper playmaker than he will be as an advanced one in my opinion.

JamDav1982

Exactly. Either way, you're letting a talented player walk if he wants for an absolute bargain. Baffling.

I seem to be very much in the minority, but I'd like to see Thiago groomed as a #4. I think he'd be unbelievable in that role over time. He'll be better as a deeper playmaker than he will be as an advanced one in my opinion.

By a '4' do you mean Busquets position?

KluivertsBoots

He does have the ability to play there although its maybe in his nature to try some more risky things than Busquets does. But he is good enough to play anywhere in midfield if given the chance to get used to it.

I'd sell Song in a second in order to increase Thiago's participation/importance.

tello

Someone wrote: Neymar--Messi--Lewandowski as our front 3...and there's Barca's problem in a nutshell!

Talking about buying a striker and playing him wide right. :facepalm:

Relax dude, it was simply an enumeration of the possible names for the boats attack not a tacticat post at all !

Take it easy !

I'm like the only person on this forum who doesn't want to sell Alves. :lol:

No, I don't want to sell Alves either !

I'd take him for 10m max.

20m :lol:

I'd never take Torres to Barca. Taking him now would be simply a pure definition of stupidity from the management...

Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski (24), valued at 30M, is Barcelona's main forward option. A loan of Deulofeu could be included. [intereconomia]

It would be just great, ofcoruse along with a buyback clause !

---------------Lewa----------
-Neymar-------Messi---------Sanchez--

---------------Lewa----------
-Neymar-------Messi---------Pedro--

Home of Barca Fans