Transfers and Rumours - old thread

tello

If we sign Lewandowski then that means we'll have to get rid of 2 forwards. Preferably Villa(love him but he's getting up there in years) and Pedro.

I've been all for selling Alexis for pretty much his entire time at Barcelona but the past few months he proved that he can play at a high level and do some good things so I want to see him given at least one more year. I also hope Tello gets a chance to continue to develop.

That would leave Messi, Neymar, Lewandowski, Alexis, and Tello.

Yep, Alexis could really play at a high level in completely unimportant games from the end of the season !

Pedro proved to be more decisive in crucial moments, he is a homegrown, he is way better for our attack than Alexis ever dreamed of !

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The multiquote "button" is virtually invisible , incidentally .

Dude, its just next to the reply with quote button :lol:

Yep, Alexis could really play at a high level in completely unimportant games from the end of the season !

Pedro proved to be more decisive in crucial moments, he is a homegrown, he is way better for our attack than Alexis ever dreamed of !

Not sure how being homegrown proves that you're better.......

And Pedro has proved to be decisive in crucial moments. He has proved that, but has also stopped proving it recently. Alexis is young and need confidence and start cutting in rather than stay out wide and clean up for Dani Alves' runs forward which is useless most of the times.

ss81bja

Another option could be Mario Gomez as CF. Even though he has been reduced to Bayern's benches, to me he is still good enough. He's tall and has a good goal scoring sense. To me this is a more realistic option especially now since the Lewandowski to Bayern rumors are strong. Of course it would still depend on asking price. A front line of Neymar--Gomez --Sanchez/Pedro is not too bad if Messi is injured or if you want to rotate the squad.

Klose in my opinion would not be a bad buy but Barca's priority would be to get a CF that could be a potential starter especially in the "BIG" matches. Klose at Barca now would most likely be a sub

fcbdna

Banned
If at all we are to get a striker we should get a YOUNG one Klose's good, but way too old. We should go for someone young, energetic and pacy, just like Eto and Villa used to be. One who isn't scared to take risks and could draw defenders away from Messi. . . A YOUNG true goal scorer. Checkout the stats below with emphasis on the emboldened players:

France | Ligue 1 | 2012/2013

Rank Name Team Goals First scorer Penalties Missed penalties
1 Zlatan Ibrahimovic Paris Saint Germain 30 9 4 0
2 Pierre Emerick Aubameyang Saint Etienne 19 8 1 0
2 Dario Cvitanich Nice 19 8 5 0

Germany | 1. Bundesliga | 2012/2013

1 Stefan Kiessling Bayer Leverkusen 25 12 3 1
2 Robert Lewandowski B Dortmund 24 5 1 1
3 Alexander Meier E Frankfurt 16 5 3 0
4 Mario Mandzukic B Munich 15 6 0 0
4 Vedad Ibisevic Stuttgart 15 5 5 2

Or maybe we could go for Andriy Yarmolenko He is somewhat relatively unknown but a beast ! Watched him once in the CL :worthy:

Last edited:

Stric

If we had pad attention to this situation (which was always likely to happen) earlier, we would have gotten Mandžukić from Wolfsburg last year.

ss81bja

If at all we are to get a striker we should get a YOUNG one Klose's good, but way too old. We should go for someone young, energetic and pacy, just like Eto and Villa used to be. One who isn't scared to take risks and could draw defenders away from Messi. . . A YOUNG true goal scorer. Checkout the stats below with emphasis on the emboldened players:

France | Ligue 1 | 2012/2013

1 Zlatan Ibrahimovic Paris Saint Germain 30 9 4 0
2 Pierre Emerick Aubameyang Saint Etienne 19 8 1 0
2 Dario Cvitanich Nice 19 8 5 0

Germany | 1. Bundesliga | 2012/2013

1 Stefan Kiessling Bayer Leverkusen 25 12 3 1
2 Robert Lewandowski B Dortmund 24 5 1 1
3 Alexander Meier E Frankfurt 16 5 3 0
4 Mario Mandzukic B Munich 15 6 0 0
4 Vedad Ibisevic Stuttgart 15 5 5 2

Or maybe we could go for Andriy Yarmolenko He is somewhat relatively unknown but a beast ! Watched him once in the CL :worthy:

Stats only tell part of the story. The problem with using stats from only one season is that players "especially unknowns" have up and down seasons other wise we could as well get one from La Masia. As i see it, Barca has a vacancy for a true potent CF as a real alternative to Messi. It usually means the forward has performed for more than one season in the same or multiple leagues. Once that vacancy is filled we could look for other promising forwards at least next season.

Z

ZiZu

Dude, its just next to the reply with quote button :lol:

I can see it just fine.

It's hardly funny tbh.

I never noticed to until I got an official reprimand for not using the multiquote option .

If you're not aware it's there then it hardly "pops" out at you . A tiny maroon coloured box with very discreet graphic on a page full of maroon coloured sections . If its so flamin' important why not make it stand out and put it bright orange or bright green or something .

Home of Barca Fans