Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The logical step would be to buy Ter Stegen and have him be Valdes' understudy for the next year. Ease him into the role, let him acclimate into a new culture, let him get some games under his belt while Valdes still plays the big games and then he can fully take over next year.

No need for Handanovic unless Valdes leaves this summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes, because Ter Stegen is obviously the best keeper in the world with huge top-level experience and automatically deserves to be the first-choice keeper in FC BARCELONA??!

Back to reality, guys. Ter Stegen is a 21-year-old with less than two years of experience at the professional level, and that's at Mönchengladbach, not Bayern, Barcelona, United or clubs like that.

How would he develop if he doesn't get enough playing time?

CdR matches wont be enough.

F

forcabarca

Edinson Cavani to Chelsea - terms agreed

Tevez to Juve - deal will be done in a few days time

Fred (Brazil) to join Shaktar Donetsk on a 5yr deal

My earlier news on Thiago to MUFC stays the same - Bad news for us Barça fans!! That's all I can say.

The Transfer News Guy.

How is Rooney rated on this forum in general? it seems a weird one, most fan forums either thinks hes brilliant or rubbish not much in between. when you hear players talk about Rooney they all rave about him, ive seen Messi lord praise upon Rooney countless times for example, Neymar recently has to, its weird how he seems to really split opinion.

DonAK

Édinson Cavani's agent Claudio Anellucci responds to the reports from Napoli's radio station: "There's nothing closed with Chelsea" [TMW]

DonAK

How is Rooney rated on this forum in general? it seems a weird one, most fan forums either thinks hes brilliant or rubbish not much in between. when you hear players talk about Rooney they all rave about him, ive seen Messi lord praise upon Rooney countless times for example, Neymar recently has to, its weird how he seems to really split opinion.

At his best when he is fit, he is a very good player IMO, but he is mostly unfit and looks demotivated IMO and dont forget his wage demands

Not a player I would have at Barca and he does not fit in our system either.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Meh for me. A few years ago his talent levels were so overhyped by the English press that he was considered the third best player after Messi and Ronaldo? That's just ridiculous in my opinion. However that doesn't detract from the fact that he is a good player. Complete opposite of a Barca player, but nevertheless a good one. I don't know what club he'd fit other than United though.

Home of Barca Fans