Transfers and Rumours - old thread

jklz

18 mill not a lot considering it really should be 90 million.

But hey good riddance. Rafina next hopefully?

It's not Rafa's fault that Thiago wants to leave and that the father wants the best for his son (and he thinks this is what is best for his son, can't blame him). Getting rid of Rafa for this would be disgusting.

Newcomer

I'm looking at our options, and can anyone tell me what the situation is with Sakho at PSG? Is there any chance of us getting him (on a cheap due to the fallout with the club or full price) at all or is that completely impossible?

Also, how highly do you guys rate Douglas (Twente, Whoscored 7.27), Matip (Schalke, 7.07), Kouyate (Anderlecht 6.64) and Juan Jesus (Inter 6.96)? All of them would be pretty cheap, maybe with the exception of Juan, probably a better option than waiting around twiddling our thumbs until Thiago Silva falls into our laps...

As for Sakho, his contract will end in 2014. Rumours said a renewal is on the track? However, he wanted to leave last summer when we signed TS because he doesn't want to be a substitute. Many fans were disappointed because he was a symbol ( he started playing for the first team at 17). So now we are linked with others CBs, i think he can be open to leave.
About Kurt Zouma, i don't think Saint Etienne will ask a lot for him. 10-15M max.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's not Rafa's fault that Thiago wants to leave and that the father wants the best for his son (and he thinks this is what is best for his son, can't blame him). Getting rid of Rafa for this would be disgusting.
I don't see how it would be disgusting... His agent is a blood sucking animal for a father without any knowledge about royalty!! He would ensure that we endure all the pain we are doing now with Thiago when the kid gets ready... So it's only logical we cut the crap when it's early :shrug:

MessiDinho10

Do you guys think Zouma is worth 10-15m?

Is he Barca quality?

Huge talent, France's second biggest in defence (Varane). I think he'd be worth it, but he's still very young (18) and it wouldn't be fair to other promising defenders in La Masía (Bagnack (18), Tarin (16), Juanma (16) and Xavi Quintilla (17)) if you ask me.

F

forcabarca

Just-In News that WILL not make most happy here... :D

Barca to make a final offer for Pepe Reina. He is willing to play alongside Valdes. Liverpool aren't very keen to hold Reina anymore.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Huge talent, France's second biggest in defence (Varane). I think he'd be worth it, but he's still very young (18) and it wouldn't be fair to other promising defenders in La Masía (Bagnack (18), Tarin (16), Juanma (16) and Xavi Quintilla (17)) if you ask me.

But then its kind of the same situation with getting Marquinhos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
News that WILL not make most happy here... :D

Just-in: Barca to make a final offer for Pepe Reina. He is willing to play alongside Valdes. Liverpool aren't very keen to hold Reina anymore.

:facepalm:

So Pinto out already then? Hopefully not......

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
But then its kind of the same situation with getting Marquinhos.

Marquinhos is older and more able to progress/be a key player right now. Zouma would be a future kind of guy and what's the point if we do have a bunch of players like that from La Masia.

F

forcabarca

He maybe the 3rd choice Gk. Upcoming season could be the last for Pinto as well.

Trying to get Ter Stegen news too, but none of my sources have any concrete news yet!

Other news - Juve have made an "offer" to MCFC for Carlos Tevez but MCFC wants more. No details yet on the "offer" amount.

Last edited:

ebc_99

Whats the point of signing Reina, if Ter Stegen is coming? I just knew they would mess up the gk position. When Valdes said he would leave I thought it was great news, we can now get a truly worldclass gk, but alas it looks like it will be Reina.

The people making these decisions seem to be incompetent, If the Barca board were really good with transfers then we could have won another 3 Champions leagues this decade atleast, the amount of money wasted is unbelievable, I honestly think I could do a better job.

Yaya

People acting like other clubs are just willing to give up their wc goalkeepers. There is a reason Inter would want as much money for Handanović.

But replacing Valdes shouldn't be that hard since he is trash, I wouldn't mind Reina at all. Not world class but still better than VV.

Home of Barca Fans