Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Whats the point of signing Reina, if Ter Stegen is coming? I just knew they would mess up the gk position. When Valdes said he would leave I thought it was great news, we can now get a truly worldclass gk, but alas it looks like it will be Reina.

The people making these decisions seem to be incompetent, If the Barca board were really good with transfers then we could have won another 3 Champions leagues this decade atleast, the amount of money wasted is unbelievable, I honestly think I could do a better job.

Honestly I don't think you could. It's such a rash statement to make as if you know all the rigors and difficulties in being a club executive. You can't just go around signing whoever you like with all the money in the world. The board hasn't made the best of decisions but it's just laughable when a fan acts as if they're smart enough to simply take over and do a better job. This isn't FM. Buying a goalkeeper doesn't automatically mean we'd win 3 more CL titles, just like signing a CB wouldn't automatically make us best team in the world again.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
If Reina is coming in, then Valdes has to go.

I'm sure there is a club out there willing to offer something for Valdes.

P

PhilS

Honestly I don't think you could. It's such a rash statement to make as if you know all the rigors and difficulties in being a club executive. You can't just go around signing whoever you like with all the money in the world. The board hasn't made the best of decisions but it's just laughable when a fan acts as if they're smart enough to simply take over and do a better job. This isn't FM. Buying a goalkeeper doesn't automatically mean we'd win 3 more CL titles, just like signing a CB wouldn't automatically make us best team in the world again.

Good to hear a voice of reason.

A lot of these players who are talked about as targets are not really available. For instance, when both a player and his current team say the player is not going anywhere, no matter how much a fan wants to get the player, it is pretty unlikely to happen.

Liverpool went out and got another keeper, so it is not surprising that Reina might now be able to sign for Barca. Reina is a good guy, a family man. He is a known quantity. I have yet to be convinced he is as good as Valdes, but he will be fine for while. He knows Barca, he knows most of the players, he has no language challenges, this will be a very smooth transition. For next year, maybe Pinto is cut loose, Valdes and Reina can share the job for one year. Then bring in a young talent, who can gradually become the starter as Reina gets old.

Barca has already made the big move. Neymar has been the best player at the Confed Cup. Our brilliant management has worked for years on this megatransfer, with big help from Dani Alves, Messi and the other key players.

You can't get the best player for every position. Even if you could, that would not necessarily lead to the best team. The team will get help at CB, maybe not until the very end of the transfer window. I am confident it will be a CB even better than Song. Fixing last year's defensive problems will take this new player, better coaching and better play from all the continuing defenders.

ebc_99

I know this is not FM, but this club had the best team in the world by some distance and continued to spend a lot of money and went backwards, that is bad management. The club needs to bring in better negotiators, experts in there field to help them because they have been taken for a ride on a number of deals.

I know I can't just go around signing whoever I like with all the money in the world but I think I could do a better job in identifying players the club needs, I reckon alot of people on this board could, it certainly couldn't be much worse than the signings made by the staff at the club. I do not know the rigors and difficulties of being a football executive nor did I say i did, but I do know that Barca have wasted a lot of money on players that were not needed or suitable for the club like ibrahimovic or Chygrynskiy or Hleb or Kerrison or Song. How many people on this board thought these were good signings? That's over 100million on those 5 players alone and only one of them is at the club still and he is barely used, give me 100 million and I think I would make better signings. I know there is more to it than just picking a player and handing over the money but that is not the point I was making.

With the money the club has and bearing in mind how attractive a destination Barcelona is, I think the people at the club are not good enough to do their job when it comes to the transferring of players to and from the club., that was the point I was making, the "I honestly think I could do a better job" is just an example something people say to get there point across without actually meaning it.

And I do think the correct signings would have won us more Champions Leagues, we were so far ahead of the competition that we only needed to tweak the team slightly to stay on top but they made a mess of it. An example of this is that we needed a top class CB after the treble but here we are 4 years later and the club has still not signed a top CB, Surely somewhere there was a defender that would have improved this team. I think if I was in that position I would have made a CB a priority.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm sorry but having one more CB wouldn't have kept us from getting thrashed 7-0 by Bayern. What difference would've even Thiago Silva made in those situations? At most he possibly could've kept the aggregate score at 6-0 instead of 7.

Individual players and signings won't make a difference except in how highly the team is rated. We didn't just decline because of bad player signings (although that was an aspect), we also declined because of player aging and major systemic issues. And while you feel you could've made the better choice of going for a CB instead of Song, we still wouldn't have had a much different season. It's not just about the players, it's about how you use them. And frankly that job is much more difficult so it's not as if you sitting behind a computer screen could do it any better than Rosell or Tito or Zubi. Buying better players doesn't automatically translate to more success. Real Madrid thought they'd win La Decima by now by signing guys like Alonso, CR, etc. and getting Mourinho as manager. But it's not that simple is it? The team dynamic and tactical system is what isn't working for us by now. No CB is going to be some magic wand to fix that and suddenly bring us back to the treble winning years.

Also, negotiating itself is pretty difficult, we're not going to be able to land every player we go for. If a guy like Rosell can't get a top CB for a decent price, don't think that you could either. It's a difficult and complicated process, one that is often put to shame by unappreciative fans. Their decisions itself were not smart at all, but that's not 100% of the job is it? Maybe you could make the better decision of going for the more useful player, I doubt you could understand the rest of what has to be done.

While the board has been pretty blind in some areas and made some huge errors, do not for one second make the mistake of thinking that their job is easy. Compared to other clubs, they haven't done the best job. But it's way too far to act as if what they do is so easy that anyone could take over and do a better job. I'm not pleased with any of the management or board currently, I'm sure you aren't either. A lot of fans aren't. But that shouldn't be an incentive to claim that their duties are so simple that choosing between players is all they had to do and they got it wrong.

Stric

Monaco was willing to pay for him. I say take the money and run!

Those were just rumors. Monaco president later denied everything and said they have no intention of getting Valdes.

I think a part of Valdes staying is due to the fact that there few or no clubs interesting in buying him this summer. They'd all rather wait until next year and get him for free.

I

instinct

9mil? dafuq? Bojan would cost 4mil more than him, if that was true. Further, we should have signed him for THIS price. Goddamn. Seems like BS to me, though.

loozy

I'm sorry but having one more CB wouldn't have kept us from getting thrashed 7-0 by Bayern. What difference would've even Thiago Silva made in those situations? At most he possibly could've kept the aggregate score at 6-0 instead of 7.

Individual players and signings won't make a difference except in how highly the team is rated. We didn't just decline because of bad player signings (although that was an aspect), we also declined because of player aging and major systemic issues. And while you feel you could've made the better choice of going for a CB instead of Song, we still wouldn't have had a much different season. It's not just about the players, it's about how you use them. And frankly that job is much more difficult so it's not as if you sitting behind a computer screen could do it any better than Rosell or Tito or Zubi. Buying better players doesn't automatically translate to more success. Real Madrid thought they'd win La Decima by now by signing guys like Alonso, CR, etc. and getting Mourinho as manager. But it's not that simple is it? The team dynamic and tactical system is what isn't working for us by now. No CB is going to be some magic wand to fix that and suddenly bring us back to the treble winning years.

Also, negotiating itself is pretty difficult, we're not going to be able to land every player we go for. If a guy like Rosell can't get a top CB for a decent price, don't think that you could either. It's a difficult and complicated process, one that is often put to shame by unappreciative fans. Their decisions itself were not smart at all, but that's not 100% of the job is it? Maybe you could make the better decision of going for the more useful player, I doubt you could understand the rest of what has to be done.

While the board has been pretty blind in some areas and made some huge errors, do not for one second make the mistake of thinking that their job is easy. Compared to other clubs, they haven't done the best job. But it's way too far to act as if what they do is so easy that anyone could take over and do a better job. I'm not pleased with any of the management or board currently, I'm sure you aren't either. A lot of fans aren't. But that shouldn't be an incentive to claim that their duties are so simple that choosing between players is all they had to do and they got it wrong.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

RVP20

9mil? dafuq? Bojan would cost 4mil more than him, if that was true. Further, we should have signed him for THIS price. Goddamn. Seems like BS to me, though.

It's legit it seems, Sky Sports News are running with the story now as are plenty of journo's.. the fee is £9/10m with City saving £200k a week as this was the last year of he's contract, decent deal for Juve what ever the price though.

khaled_a_d

How much do you reckon we could get Kurt Zouma for?

around 12-2M ,Chelsea and Liverpool are interested so that should raise the price

It shouldn't be 90 million. These buyout clauses are shit. It usually is not the same as the current price...

Anyway, his buyout clause is around 22M because of some bonuses. So, the budget is supposed to be 50M + 22M(Thiago) + 15M(Villa) + Affelay/Bojan. It's almost 100M in total!

40M for TS, 15M Ter Stegen and there's still around 50 million for maybe a miedfielder as a replacement for Thiago.

I am being a bit optimistic, but it's possible.

Hello,we have paid 57M for Neymar ,and those are 100M budget doubtful,no team would pay 15 for Villa ,Thiago would be probably counted 18 bt the staff ,and Afellay and Bojan would get us very few money anyway ,would expect something around 80M transfer budget)
so we will have around 43-23M for summer transfers

Home of Barca Fans