Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Duke

Exactly, money means nothing to them, it's like sign luiz and we'll win the CL

when you have clubs like PSG, Madrid, Monaco and City inflating prices, we have no choice but to pay high. Also add to that the basic economy theory of supply and demand. Not many top CBs for sale and if PSG is paying 35m for little known and proven 19 years old CB then 40m is very reasonable for Luiz. This is not 2003, welcome to 2013 Arab/Russian sugar daddies controlling the football market.

nebeer

Love is All
when you have clubs like PSG, Madrid, Monaco and City inflating prices, we have no choice but to pay high. Also add to that the basic economy theory of supply and demand. Not many top CBs for sale and if PSG is paying 35m for little known and proven 19 years old CB then 40m is very reasonable for Luiz. This is not 2003, welcome to 2013 Arab/Russian sugar daddies controlling the football market.

What is the official update on Luiz? Did we bid for him?

oz187

Its not only about conceding goals.He could have a bad game and still we wouldn't concede any goal.He doesn't have anything of the important aspects to be a CB...

Conceding goals is the primary measurement surely? As for aspects of a CB he does have them, he has pace, he can tackle, he can fight for headers. He also has good passing ability and can bring the ball forward which is useful for our style. He's not great in his defensive abilities but he can do them. Certainly more than good enough for 5th choice. 4th choice, debateable. But would any club sanction spending 50M for a 4th choice? Either we go for the best or you get someone cheap that will only play a few games.

Shegzy

Anything above 35million euros for luiz is stupid.psg paid 42million for TS(a better defender than luiz).luiz is also as much a gamble as any other cb we have signed or can sign.

Zincubus

Banned
Anything above 35million euros for luiz is stupid.psg paid 42million for TS(a better defender than luiz).luiz is also as much a gamble as any other cb we have signed or can sign.

We are desparate though and Luiz , I think, will be the final piece of the jigsaw .

I reckon playing and training with Puyol will make Luiz into THE. Best CB , I really do .

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
LOL Luiz is an ordinary centre back. But he is an exceptional DM no coincidence Chelsea have had success with him in that role. Top player but in that role. He is a liability at centre back. Why do you think mourinho prefers the every dependable Gary Cahill.

JamDav1982

LOL Luiz is an ordinary centre back. But he is an exceptional DM no coincidence Chelsea have had success with him in that role. Top player but in that role. He is a liability at centre back. Why do you think mourinho prefers the every dependable Gary Cahill.

He is not exceptional as a DM and is a good center back if a bit rash.

The important thing is that he has all the things that Barcelona are looking for - power, aerial abiity, pace good on the ball etc.

He is maybe not the pure leader type that the team really needs but that player is not out there at the moment it seems.

How on earth can you say Mourinho prefers Cahill??

Darko

What is the official update on Luiz? Did we bid for him?

You do realize there are no official updates on anything,nobody from Barca even mentioned Luiz or any other defender(except TS,but we all know how that ended),these are just guesses from the media,"rumors" they themselves create to fill the sport section in the newspapers...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
That's the problem with people because someone has an exotic name or plays for an exotic nation he is automatically deemed superior. Someone like Cahill has a boring name and not much personality however it is telling that mourinho prefers Cahill - who is by no means world class - but knows his role is reliable and gets the job done. Out of the two I'd know who I'd prefer in central defence. However Luiz has world class ability and as a DM can nurture that to its potential. His ceiling is higher however in defence where you need dependability and reliability every game he isn't the man for u IMO. Just cause he has the sane barber as puyol doesn't mean he possess the same ability in that position

JamDav1982

That's the problem with people because someone has an exotic name or plays for an exotic nation he is automatically deemed superior. Someone like Cahill has a boring name and not much personality however it is telling that mourinho prefers Cahill - who is by no means world class - but knows his role is reliable and gets the job done. Out of the two I'd know who I'd prefer in central defence. However Luiz has world class ability and as a DM can nurture that to its potential. His ceiling is higher however in defence where you need dependability and reliability every game he isn't the man for u IMO. Just cause he has the sane barber as puyol doesn't mean he possess the same ability in that position

How do you know Mourinho prefers Cahill?

Cahill is average and is nowhere near as good as Luiz.

I

instinct

Its not only about conceding goals.He could have a bad game and still we wouldn't concede any goal.He doesn't have anything of the important aspects to be a CB...

Good longshots is enough to be a good CB. keep that in mind.

Home of Barca Fans