Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Jadentheman

Why would Chelsea demand a 40-50M price tag of Luiz. I thought they didn't need to money? Maybe it's their "we aren't a selling club" tax fee :p

Zincubus

Banned
That's the problem with people because someone has an exotic name or plays for an exotic nation he is automatically deemed superior. Someone like Cahill has a boring name and not much personality however it is telling that mourinho prefers Cahill - who is by no means world class - but knows his role is reliable and gets the job done. Out of the two I'd know who I'd prefer in central defence. However Luiz has world class ability and as a DM can nurture that to its potential. His ceiling is higher however in defence where you need dependability and reliability every game he isn't the man for u IMO. Just cause he has the sane barber as puyol doesn't mean he possess the same ability in that position

I just think that playing and training with Puyol would straighten out Luiz - QuickTime .

Shegzy

I just think that playing and training with Puyol would straighten out Luiz - QuickTime .

if luiz training with puyol will straighten him out then we don't need to get a cb at all,we should just let bartra,pique,alba,alves,montoya,adriano,song,mascherano,bagnack train with puyol every time and they will be straighten up so no need for luiz.

Bertus

Why would Chelsea demand a 40-50M price tag of Luiz. I thought they didn't need to money? Maybe it's their "we aren't a selling club" tax fee :p

You're seeing it the wrong way.

Since they don't need money, they are not in a hurry to sell so they can charge a maximum and make it lasts to the last minute of the mercato to be sure to get a maximum off each transfer.

Usually, beside some cases like Porto where they are skillfull when it comes to sell player, when a club needs money, they don't want to make the transaction lasts for a long time, so they accept to sell players for less than what they want.

Add to that, that rich clubs don't do charity.

PSG is the same. Every journalists and medias here said that "nasser will not ask money for carlo because psg is rich". They were all wrong. Carlo and Perez paid. Nasser said they both paid a lot more than 3 millions (medias reported 3 millions so he responded to that)

TD;DR don't except any gift from Chelski. If rosell wants Luiz, he'll pay a lot. A lot more than what luiz worths on the market.

NB: Don't forget that you can't compare that transfer with TS at psg. Milan NEEDED money. In a club like chealsea, they'd never have sold him to us. Not for only 40M at least.

Last edited:

Maria

12 days for la liga to start, no cb yet :satorra: :zubi:

Here's something to cheer you up:

El Tata esperará a Puyol y el Barça se plantea no fichar a un central

El Tata Martino cuenta con Carles Puyol como el central que le falta para la defensa del Barça. El entrenador azulgrana espera la vuelta del capitán del FC Barcelona para mitad de septiembre.
La secretaría técnica del club no ha encontrado de momento a un jugador de garantías con perfil Barça, con lo que, en estos momentos, existe la posibilidad de que finalmente no llegue nadie.
La primera opción, Thiago Silva, se diluyó por la negativa a negociar del PSG. El club se centró entonces en dos opciones de defensa: David Luiz y Agger, con quien abrió dos vías separadas de negociación. Sin embargo, el elevadísimo precio del brasileño y las dudas hacia el danés han hecho que estas dos opciones se alejen del Camp Nou. Pese a ello, el FC Barcelona sigue negociando en Londres la posibilidad de traer al internacional brasileño mientras que la opción del jugador del Liverpool sigue controlada.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...artino-puyol-central-fichaje_54379215652.html

It reminds of ManU's situation with the CMs..we should have swapped Thiago with Phil Jones and both our problems would have been solved. :rosell:

Home of Barca Fans