Transfers and Rumours - old thread

JamDav1982

Mangala,Kyriakos Papadopoulos,Höwedes ,Inigo Martinez ,N'Koulou etc

These are a list of names that constantly get repeated on here despite the fact I would wager most have barely seen some of them play.

It always happens, the name Sakho even now still pops up from people I can only assume dont watch him.

If the club cant get one of the top bracket CBs this summer it makes far more sense to move for an experienced player who can improve the situation rather than gamble on a younger largely unproven player.

Even the likes of Miranda at A Madrid I would take ahead of those names mentioned.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Is Valencia's Victor Ruiz any good? Or is he worse than the likes of Rami, Mathieu, etc.
I've never had the chance to watch him.

Also, I've seen Shakthar's Yaroslav Rakitsky talked about on here before. Is he a good option for center back?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Is Valencia's Victor Ruiz any good? Or is he worse than the likes of Rami, Mathieu, etc.
I've never had the chance to watch him.

He has been terrible for Valencia and is rated far far behind Rami, Mathieu and even Ricardo Costa.

They tried playing him in DM and he looked slightly better but he is too prone to mistakes.

Go on to the Valencia fans sites and see what they think of him -its not pretty.

Jadentheman

Here is something. A lot of you guys are clamoring for a striker. Since Eto'o is being looked at by Arsenal, I think he's good enough to come back home to Camp Nou. Do it Rosell :rosell:

Zachary

1st We have needed a CB for at least two years and right now we’re desperate
2nd One of the few notable CB that would still appear available for the “right” money is David L.
3rd Chelsea has stated that they’ll take £40K for the guy
4th Where is the obstacle, confusion or impediment about this?
Go pay the £40K already and get it over with. We only have two weeks for the guy to get used to Barca.
Not only is the guy a very tough defender, but he has shown great midfield capabilities, plus he has the air game that we lack at both ends and then there’s his shot-bonus; either spontaneous shots from a good distance or free kicks, he possesses that wild card when you least expect it. Yes, he is a little off once in a while, but I have been watching him almost every game for the last two years and he has settle down pretty good by now. What I like about DL is his immense range and capability; he always reaches and gets there, even when it looks like he won’t make it there. He’ll be great for us.
Last, but not least, he would be the 3rd Brazil NT in our squad, which is not bad if we already have Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, etc…. and the rest. ;)

spark

A journalist that writes for Marti Perarnau's website said that the latest info was that Mangala is joint 2nd on the list with Agger. IMO with the likes of Monaco around we cant afford to shop in Porto's supermarket, so that one is probably dead before the rumours even start.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Love Samu to return but I doubt it'll happen...I could see Mou making a play for him since Rooney will be hard to dislodge and they'd easily oblige his wage demands

I can't see Mangala happening for Barcelona...Mathieu is the logical remaining choice - cheap, versatile and La Liga experienced

Why aren't we even looking at N'Koulou? He'd probably be better for us than either Luiz or Agger. He's younger and cheaper too.

Edit:

Besides Chelsea's David Luiz and Liverpool's Daniel Agger, Barcelona are negotiating with a third centre back defender. [cadena cope]

Hope it's not Mathieu...

Last edited:

Meitux

Cause we don't care enough to search for someone.We always go for the big names that are almost impossible and when they fail to have the excuse of trying until the end..Cause if they really cared we wouldn't be in this helpess situation saying we want a center back right now,but we needed on season before it.

ShandyFFM

Just me or is the Liga BBVA losing all their stars expect Barca and Real ? Negredo,Llorente,Soldado,Navas,Falcao,Thiago,Higuain and more.

Home of Barca Fans