Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No smart person would change Messi's free role. What Messi needs is for the players around him to move the defense and provide more options on where he can move. This is what Neymar will hopefully bring against more organized defenses.
Right... No body is asking to move Messi from his free-role, it was a suggestion to have an alternative in case our usual tactics don't bring us the fruits.

If you remember the second leg against Milan... It was Villa who played upfront, Messi played a #10 role and it worked out devastatingly well in favour of us.
Tito did some thing similar a while ago when he was still our asst. manager too. In a match against Valencia, Pep was suspended and it was Tito taking care of the match that night. He started Messi in the middle as usual and we couldn't get past their defence. In the second half what he did was to introduce Henry as our CF and moved Messi further deep. You know what? It worked again! Messi scored two goals to win us the match thanks to two assists by Henry!!

So a smart person would probably prefer to have an option B in case our usual tactics can't get the desired result!!

KluivertsBoots

So a smart person would probably prefer to have an option B in case our usual tactics can't get the desired result!!

Falcao and Cavani are the only two players I've seen with the talent to make this tactic work consistently. Unless Barça finds the next big thing out there somewhere, I don't see where we find the right player. Barça would need a real "bull at the gates" and those players usually only go for huge money (if they have any skill at all) unless identified early.

Colombia has the hot hand with this sort of forward right now. They are going to be next summer's revelation to the world.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Falcao and Cavani are the only two players I've seen with the talent to make this tactic work consistently. Unless Barça finds the next big thing out there somewhere, I don't see where we find the right player. Barça would need a real "bull at the gates" and those players usually only go for huge money (if they have any skill at all) unless identified early.

Colombia has the hot hand with this sort of forward right now. They are going to be next summer's revelation to the world.
We probably wouldn't even be needing such high profile players you know... After all, we wouldn't even be planning to play them all the time!!

That's what scouts are for anyway... Trying to spot out player we could use well! But we all know how good our ones are :facepalm:

We could get Lacina Traore from Anzhi's summer sale :VdB:

:lol: Is he like the tallest professional footballer?

Last edited:

barcanuck

Yay Anzhi selling their glory hunting money hungry team. Man City and Chelsea will get the best ones me thinks. We don't want any of thier punks except Eto'o of course, he will always be our lion.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yay Anzhi selling their glory hunting money hungry team. Man City and Chelsea will get the best ones me thinks. We don't want any of thier punks except Eto'o of course, he will always be our lion.
Why are they selling their players away? The tycoon got bored of owning a football club already!?

Zincubus

Banned
@barcastuff: David Luiz, or his agent in case the player joins Brazil squad, will meet on Monday with Chelsea to ask for a transfer to Barcelona. [md]

Home of Barca Fans