Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Zincubus

Banned
This won't go down well but as Chelsea have seemingly made a few bids for Mangala plus they already have proven CBs in Ivanovic and Cahill Plus they have Jose's blue-eyed boy , John Terry ......

I'd say that there's no guarantee that Jose will even giving a starting place for Luiz .

So bearing all thatin mind the World Cup is coming I am fairly certain that Luiz will be a Barca player on the next ten days or so .

Bertus

This won't go down well but as Chelsea have seemingly made a few bids for Mangala plus they already have proven CBs in Ivanovic and Cahill Plus they have Jose's blue-eyed boy , John Terry ...... .

You keep repeating this since three days at least.

As i said yesterday to you even if you like to ignore me. You don't even know if those supposed meetings are true so far.

And how do you know it won't go down well??? You don't even know what would be Luiz's reaction. Or do you? Did he tell you? Give us reasons to believe he would clash if Chelsea is not ok.

Not all players act like Bale or Suarez you know.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
@barcastuff: David Luiz, or his agent in case the player joins Brazil squad, will meet on Monday with Chelsea to ask for a transfer to Barcelona. [md]

I guess just like in the TS situation, as long as Chealsea refuses to sell, Luiz can ask for a transfer all he wants, the move is not going to happen?

Come on, we can't find a few more quality CB candidates from Brazil?

Bertus

I guess just like in the TS situation, as long as Chealsea refuses to sell, Luiz can ask for a transfer all he wants, the move is not going to happen?
Those who think Mou wants to transfer him based on rumors will say to you that it will happen.

Those who think Mou is really counting on him for the upcoming season based on what he repeated again yesterday will say that it could turn like the TS situation.

In case it turns bad, I hope Barca has a plan B.

They must have a backup plan. They are not that stupid imo.

F

Flavia

Come on, we can't find a few more quality CB candidates from Brazil?

I don't know if Luiz has a buyout clause. That could be triggered, if he really wants to move. But I don't think that's gonna happen, it'd be a lot of money.

Vertonghen rumored to be a target now :lol:

It'd be insanely funny if he was bought for 25-30m now, after de Boer insisted Barça should signed him last summer, for 10m.

khaled_a_d

These are a list of names that constantly get repeated on here despite the fact I would wager most have barely seen some of them play.

It always happens, the name Sakho even now still pops up from people I can only assume dont watch him.

If the club cant get one of the top bracket CBs this summer it makes far more sense to move for an experienced player who can improve the situation rather than gamble on a younger largely unproven player.

Even the likes of Miranda at A Madrid I would take ahead of those names mentioned.

Have you seen this players and you think they aren't good enough?
Dude ,non of us are scouts to be able to watch all of this players enough ,there is a man who is paid a lot for that job and he also hire scouts to help him ,this man is Zubi
Sure not all of names mentioned are good enough ,and Sure some of them are good enough ,last year same thing happened with Vertongen ,now it is very clear we have missed on him ,let's hope the management for once is able to pick the right guy
We can't go for proven players all the way with a limited budget ,that is a disaster waiting to happen(well it may have actually happened against Bayern last year) ,because it essentially put us in a situation where we have to count on the likes of Bartra or have fatigued players by the end of the season when it matters most

I don't know if Luiz has a buyout clause. That could be triggered, if he really wants to move. But I don't think that's gonna happen, it'd be a lot of money.

It'd be insanely funny if he was bought for 25-30m now, after de Boer insisted Barça should signed him last summer, for 10m.

If they sell Bale ,there is no way the sell Vertonghen too ,it is just like TS ,we are 1 year too late

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Funny stuff would be when the loud mouth Cruyff anounces the same in public and makes fun of Rosell... Couldn't wait for that to happen. Please God let this happen, let Barca sign Vertonghen!!

Zincubus

Banned
Vertonghen...Is that hard to buy a good defender??? It´s August already...jeezz

Guess what !?

@barcastuff: Barcelona have sounded about Tottenham on Jan Vertonghen (26) and could make a bid for the Belgian defender. [hetlaatstenieuws via sport]

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I would actually prefer Inigo Martinez to Vertonghen but signing Vertonghen would give us a lot of kick... I mean Cruyff vs Rosell would get nasty :p

:lol: i bet he will

yeah man... Fingers crossed :p

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
You keep repeating this since three days at least.

As i said yesterday to you even if you like to ignore me. You don't even know if those supposed meetings are true so far.

And how do you know it won't go down well??? You don't even know what would be Luiz's reaction. Or do you? Did he tell you? Give us reasons to believe he would clash if Chelsea is not ok.

Not all players act like Bale or Suarez you know.

I clearly meant that my suggestion wouldn't go down well with many of the people in this forum .

How could I ever know what's going through Luiz's mind ?

I accept your apology In advance :)

As to the rumoured ' meetings' , are you suggesting that nobody should post transfer rumours / offers unless they are officially confirmed by FC Barcelona . !??

Last edited:

Meitux

Its not funny, its stupid. We could get Vertonghen cheap last year and this season we could bring another CB to give competition to Pique and if he doesn't perform,bench him. Vertonghen pairing with another CB would be fine. But now we have to pay the double to get at least him..

SeloBarca

Well, even if its another blunder not signing him last year, i would rather have Verthongen then any of those other names

Home of Barca Fans