Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Galning

Laughing at a single post or something similar is okay but constantly joking about RedCafe is a bit disrespectful imo. We wouldn't like it either if it was the other way around so please..

LM10

@barcastuff: Tottenham have rejected claims of a bid by Barcelona for Jan Vertonghen (26) and insisted that the Belgian defender is staying. [mirror]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
@barcastuff: Tottenham have rejected claims of a bid by Barcelona for Jan Vertonghen (26) and insisted that the Belgian defender is staying. [mirror]

Haha, it is so predictable that it is kind of funny. Sigh. I am hoping there is still someone on our list.

Barcilliant

Its Matheiue or noone-take ur pick. We have 2 proper cbs. One is error prone the other is injury prone. Batra -jury still out on him. Why on earth did we let Abidal go? Rosell has made waaay too many mistakes.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Then pay them 50 million.

We've got it, he's worth it. Done deal and let's move on from this saga. If we would have taken care of this problem three seasons ago, we wouldn't have had to pay this much now.

This is a distraction that needs to be put to bed soon, Tata needs to have his squad complete so he can start really preparing for the season.

Zincubus

Banned
Then pay them 50 million.

We've got it, he's worth it. Done deal and let's move on from this saga. If we would have taken care of this problem three seasons ago, we wouldn't have had to pay this much now.

This is a distraction that needs to be put to bed soon, Tata needs to have his squad complete so he can start really preparing for the season.

Exactly . David Luiz , in my view , will be the final piece of the jigsaw .

desoe

Haha, it is so predictable that it is kind of funny. Sigh. I am hoping there is still someone on our list.

Tottenham (because of Levy), Porto and Napoli are probably the last clubs on Earth we would try to negotiate a deal with. Not really Rosell's type of business.

barca1899

Because the ongoing transfer negotiations don't look very promising, Barcelona don't rule out not signing a centre back this summer. [rac1]

:facepalm:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Man United coach Moyes is considering a bid for Real Madrid's Luka Modric now that his club's pursuit of Cesc appears over. [guardian]

Going from one impossible transfer to another :lol:

Oh Moyes...lolz

They should just get it over with and sign Fellaini. We all know that's who they will end up with.

Bit of a tangent, anyone else watch Madrid-Chelsea? Ancelotti is doing some interesting things tactically that Madrid are benefitting from. He seems to want to push for a 4-3-3 with Modric dropping off deep. It seems Modric will be Ancelotti's Pirlo, astute move.

Although I'm still more impressed with Barça's form so far, I see a lot to be concerned with from Madrid. I still think Ancelotti would be illadvised to try and beat us straight up with a 4-3-3, but in the 2nd half against Chelsea, they shifted to a 4-4-2 and it was scary efficient. Isco and Ozil on the wings with Ronaldo given a free role up top gave Chelsea nightmares.

Ronaldo's 2nd in particular came from a delayed run into the box and a cross from out wide, a play straight from the training ground. I guarantee we will see the same play this season in el clasico bc it was a move that capitalizes on our defensive frailties.

Madrid seem to be actually playing good football again so the clasico's should be a lot of fun to watch this season. But us strengthening our defense with someone strong in the air is a must. Again, lets just pay Chelsea what they ask and get Luiz...please Rosell?!?

Galning

If we don't sign someone it will be my second "big" prediction in my life after the 5-0 manita against Madrid. It's so funny how poor our transfer management is.

Last year: didn't sign a defender, Song will handle it. January: we won't sign somebody now, it'll take too long for them to adapt. Summer: spend all time on Neymar -> August 10: still no defender.
It's not even funny anymore, it's sad. I wouldn't mind waiting more than a year for a defender if it was because we were looking for a gem, rather wait a few months and buy a splendid player than just buying a random dude because you need one. Seems like it doesn't even matter anymore who comes as long as he has a famous name and is capable of defending every once and a while.

Zincubus

Banned
Oh Moyes...lolz

They should just get it over with and sign Fellaini. We all know that's who they will end up with.

Bit of a tangent, anyone else watch Madrid-Chelsea? Ancelotti is doing some interesting things tactically that Madrid are benefitting from. He seems to want to push for a 4-3-3 with Modric dropping off deep. It seems Modric will be Ancelotti's Pirlo, astute move.

Although I'm still more impressed with Barça's form so far, I see a lot to be concerned with from Madrid. I still think Ancelotti would be illadvised to try and beat us straight up with a 4-3-3, but in the 2nd half against Chelsea, they shifted to a 4-4-2 and it was scary efficient. Isco and Ozil on the wings with Ronaldo given a free role up top gave Chelsea nightmares.

Ronaldo's 2nd in particular came from a delayed run into the box and a cross from out wide, a play straight from the training ground. I guarantee we will see the same play this season in el clasico bc it was a move that capitalizes on our defensive frailties.

Madrid seem to be actually playing good football again so the clasico's should be a lot of fun to watch this season. But us strengthening our defense with someone strong in the air is a must. Again, lets just pay Chelsea what they ask and get Luiz...please Rosell?!?

Moderic playing the Pirlo role !!??

I'd be amazed if he could pull that off . Pirlo is famous for his long balls almost like a quarterback but I've never seen Moderic pass further than 5 yards , he just passes and moves for the return . He flatters to deceive in my view .
I saw some stats that showed something daft like 3 assists and zero goals in a season !!

Home of Barca Fans