Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

While Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (29) has a general buyout clause of 20M after his renewal, the buyout fee for Barcelona is lower [md]

I feel we'll end up with him in the end.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Wouldn't mind, he's a good player. He's solid, reliable, and provides a great stopgap as we develop Bagnack or buy another young defender.

Duke

While Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (29) has a general buyout clause of 20M after his renewal, the buyout fee for Barcelona is lower [md]

I feel we'll end up with him in the end.

1375246296980.gif

Antimadridista1

Going from Thiago Silva to Jeremy Mathieu... fuck, our staff is ridiculous and other clubs are most probably laughing at us Atm.

Rodgers (coach Liverpool): "Agger not playing? Had some fluid in his knee, hasn't trained this week. There's nothing in terms of Barcelona!"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So because we don't buy someone who's a 40m+ star studded name, he's an oaf. You act like we would've gotten Silva anyway, let alone the fact that it would be among the most wasteful and uneconomical deals we've pulled. Mathieu is solid, you're overstating a defenders job as if he has to be able to take on 11 attackers alone to be successful, buying Silva for around 50m for that simple of a fix would be overkill. And no I'm not saying that our defensive problems are at all insignificant, but it is only one defender that we need for depth and to solidify our back line, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Bertus

From L'Equipe newspaper that will be released tomorrow:

"Sakho wants to leave PSG".

"AC Milan and Liverpool are interested. First offer 13M"

impeh

Hi, its me..
Liverpool's hopes of signing Diego Costa appear to be over after manager Brendan Rodgers revealed the player had decided to pen a new contract with Atletico Madrid.

might have been posted :shrug:

but glad hes staying.

Zincubus

Banned
Rodgers (coach Liverpool): "Agger not playing? Had some fluid in his knee, hasn't trained this week. There's nothing in terms of Barcelona!"

It does seem rather strange that virtually every one of the players who are transfer targets for one club or another are ALL injured in some way .... Luiz / Agger / Rooney / Saurez and a few others ... How's Bale these days ?

Antimadridista1

So because we don't buy someone who's a 40m+ star studded name, he's an oaf. You act like we would've gotten Silva anyway, let alone the fact that it would be among the most wasteful and uneconomical deals we've pulled. Mathieu is solid, you're overstating a defenders job as if he has to be able to take on 11 attackers alone to be successful, buying Silva for around 50m for that simple of a fix would be overkill. And no I'm not saying that our defensive problems are at all insignificant, but it is only one defender that we need for depth and to solidify our back line, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Man, we're talking about solving our defensive problems and Puyi's successor and I can tell you that Mathieu is not what we're looking for. He is a good defender as I said before, probably Valencia's best one but he will not save Pique's mistakes and be the leader we want to see .

Anyway, let see what will be done and which defender will be in our squad at the end of the mercato but if it is Mathieu, I don't see him helping us having a stronger defense.

I continue to say that Koscielny and N'Koulou are the bests solutions ATM and that we can afford him because they are not that expensive (I prefer to see our staff cashing 35m or 40m for Koscielny than the same price for Luiz, or 20/25m for N'Koulou).

Last edited:

Richard.H

From L'Equipe newspaper that will be released tomorrow:

"Sakho wants to leave PSG".

"AC Milan and Liverpool are interested. First offer 13M"

If you are implying that we should go for Sakho, then I don't think Barca will even look at his portfolio.

He's not the "Barca type" player. He's not good on the ball. He's just a pure defender.

khaled_a_d

If you are implying that we should go for Sakho, then I don't think Barca will even look at his portfolio.

He's not the "Barca type" player. He's not good on the ball. He's just a pure defender.

Can we picky at this point? If we can't get a good defender who is good with the ball ,a pure defender is the next best thing ,there is a reason why most fans don't want us to continue switching DMs into CBs
That said I don't want him ,he seems like a trouble maker to me

Bertus

???? :neymar:

I don't imply anything.

I said many times here that you should never get after him because sakho is an average CB (bad imo) coupled with an awful mentality.

He wants to leave Paris because he doesn't want to compete with Marqui and Alex to be a starter.

Even worse, he thinks that elsewhere he will not have to compete for a starter slot. He's an idiot. In every big clubs you have to compete with teammates to be aprt of the starting 11.

So don't worry, i was just posting a transfer news ^^

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans